Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

6 hours ago, sbhatt said:

It worries me to hear that we are negotiating with the Jets for Tyler Myers.  I shudder to think what MB might be willing to give up to make this happen.

Meh, Eklund has no credibility. 

Worry when someone else reports it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

sounds like a plan B, ala Hemsky/Radulov

If Markov doesn't return Habs sign Streit?

no info, just a guess on my part. 

That's like saying if you strike out with the hot chick at the bar, at least the ugly chick can punch you in the dick...

That there is no joy in this situation is what I am trying to convey here.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

That's like saying if you strike out with the hot chick at the bar, at least the ugly chick can punch you in the dick...

That there is no joy in this situation is what I am trying to convey here.

I didn't say I liked it, I just gave my interpretation of this nonsensical offer. 

2 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Wow, that almost seems like satire it's so over the top habs hahah.

Really hope to see him back for a year, or two at a little cheaper. I know his agent is obviously going to pump his tires, but he said Markov is a workhorse who wants to play for 3-5 more years. 

Ans honestly, it's the cerebral side of Markov's game that's keeping him going. Like a Nik Lidstrom lite, I could see it happening.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Sign Markov and we have to most expensive d-core in the league. Not sure that's the brightest idea for a team that can't bury....

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Sign Markov and we have to most expensive d-core in the league. Not sure that's the brightest idea for a team that can't bury....

The thing is, offence starts from the back end. It's not just about FWs.

Guest Stogey24
8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The thing is, offence starts from the back end. It's not just about FWs.

I was going to say it's a two way street with Markov.

The problem is now Bergevin has spent too much on Alzner(13 pts last season) to keep Markov.

It's just so much money spent on the back end. Especially for the quality this team is icing. 

2 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Wow, that almost seems like satire it's so over the top habs hahah.

Really hope to see him back for a year, or two at a little cheaper. I know his agent is obviously going to pump his tires, but he said Markov is a workhorse who wants to play for 3-5 more years. 

Ans honestly, it's the cerebral side of Markov's game that's keeping him going. Like a Nik Lidstrom lite, I could see it happening.

Markov represents himself. berezin is his advisor/trainer/water bottle carrier.

id like to see them invest all or  close to all of their remaining cap on another top end forward talent preferably C. id also like to see them concentrate on McKinnon and not Dush or tavares. also maybe seeing who can be had a little cheaper because of teams cap strapped like Wash etc.

I will be quite upset if Markov isn't resigned. He has been very underrated throughout his career and has often been the best player for this team. I also love seeing a player get drafted and retire with the same team. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Emelin 4.1 (out) Alzner 4.5 in. 

Markov 5.75 last year... Markov's new deal?

Beaulieu out 1.275 out.... Schlemko in 2.1 

Jerabek in, Nesterov out... money is a wash (925 on both)

Meh, its a small bit more expensive than last year, but not significantly.  Anywhere from 1 million to 2 million more depending where Markov comes in. 

That said. 

Alzner vs Emelin

Schlemko vs Beaulieu
Jerabek vs Nesterov

The talent is increased significantly over last year (if Markov returns)

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

It just seems like at this point Bergevin has played his cards as if Markov isn't coming back. 

He's got 9 million in cap space that he hasn't used. 

He has 22 men on his 23 man roster filled. 

Seems to me he's leaving a lot of money, and 1 roster spot open.  He's left himself the room for Markov to come back or the room to replace him if he doesn't.  I see the cards held close to the chest, leaving him options both ways... not a guy who has played his hand yet. 

Thats just me though. 

5 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

id like to see them invest all or  close to all of their remaining cap on another top end forward talent preferably C. id also like to see them concentrate on McKinnon and not Dush or tavares. also maybe seeing who can be had a little cheaper because of teams cap strapped like Wash etc.

The asking price for Duchene was apparently Galchenyuk, Sergachev, and a first rounder.  What would that make the price for MacKinnon, a player who has a lot more value?  That'd be what, Galchenyuk, Drouin, Pacioretty, and a 1st rounder or two?  (Don't get me wrong, that's an extreme overpayment but if the price on Duchene (someone deemed to be available) was that high, that's going to be the asking price for MacKinnon (someone who they've called untouchable).)

42 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The asking price for Duchene was apparently Galchenyuk, Sergachev, and a first rounder.  What would that make the price for MacKinnon, a player who has a lot more value?  That'd be what, Galchenyuk, Drouin, Pacioretty, and a 1st rounder or two?  (Don't get me wrong, that's an extreme overpayment but if the price on Duchene (someone deemed to be available) was that high, that's going to be the asking price for MacKinnon (someone who they've called untouchable).)

I think Sakic is going overboard. He's trying too hard to win the deal to make up for the ROR trade. 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

That is just nuts. Sakic took one too many to the noggin. I think they should have kept Patrick and made Sakic the stick boy.