Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

11 hours ago, Toronthab said:

I wish I were more smarter.

You know you kinda real smart.... You're a Habs Fan but the (mt)Real proof of that is You're a Habs Fan in TO! :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 6:43 AM, dlbalr said:

I think a lot of people would say that Sakic doesn't really know what he's doing in Colorado either...

Indeed.

At some point the asking price on Duchene is going to drop. Either that, or the guy returns to the Avs, sullen and resentful. Pricing him out of the trade market is a no-win scenario for everyone concerned. Burnaby Joe needs to figure out what the rest of the world can see, which is that this guy is no longer a star, just a good second-liner, and move along.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 10:22 AM, dlbalr said:

A very small tidbit, the Habs have not shown interest in Chris Neil according to Bruce Garrioch (who thought Montreal would go after him): http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/garrioch-sens-still-open-to-dealing-dion-phaneuf-1.832382

A follow-up to this - apparently the Habs did show interest in Neil this offseason, offering him a PTO contract according to his agent.  Nick Kypreos apparently reported yesterday that Montreal still has interest in bringing him in.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201709/29/01-5137968-chris-neil-dans-la-ligne-de-mire-du-canadien.php

46 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

A follow-up to this - apparently the Habs did show interest in Neil this offseason, offering him a PTO contract according to his agent.  Nick Kypreos apparently reported yesterday that Montreal still has interest in bringing him in.

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201709/29/01-5137968-chris-neil-dans-la-ligne-de-mire-du-canadien.php

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 9/29/2017 at 4:55 PM, dlbalr said:

I'll second that with a 

EarlyThankfulAmericancurl-size_restricte

• Like 1

Guest Stogey24
33 minutes ago, Chris said:

Why? 

Sakic wants a top 4 dman

If they can get one, then ya. I don't think they hold out too much longer, but we'll see 

4 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Rumour about Galchenyuk to Colorado for Duchene. Nothing new, but it seems more likely than ever now. 

It's coming from Jimmy Murphy who doesn't have a great track record of being right on these things.  He gets the odd one right but is wrong way more often.

Jimmy Murphy also said the Penguins turned down a deal of Duchene for Pouliot and a 1st, which is laughable.   The Penguins would never turn that down.  Pouliot is a bust at this point. 

Murphy is a bullshit artist. 

Guest Stogey24
30 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Murphy's cred aside, Galchenyuk is probably on borrowed time.

Pretty much the reason I even mentioned the rumour. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Murphy's cred aside, Galchenyuk is probably on borrowed time.

Thats probably true as well. 

I just will believe an actual deal is done when it comes from a much better source. 

19 hours ago, Commandant said:

Jimmy Murphy also said the Penguins turned down a deal of Duchene for Pouliot and a 1st, which is laughable.   The Penguins would never turn that down.  Pouliot is a bust at this point. 

Murphy is a bullshit artist. 

Now Pouliot traded for Andrey Pedan (who cleared waivers yesterday) and a 4th.

Point proven.  Jimmy Murphy = BULLSHIT. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...