Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

42 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Some have suggested that Kyle Turris might have been in trade talks last month as he wants a long-term extension, something the Senators aren't willing to give him yet.  It's hard to imagine Ottawa dealing him in the division though.

Nugent Hopkins ?

14 hours ago, dlbalr said:

The Habs have multiple scouts watching Colorado tonight.  They're playing Anaheim, who Montreal plays next week.

Wonder if they omit in game report that Andrighetto had a 2pt game.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Has anyone heard this rumour that Mario Tremblay casually dropped.

Galchenyk has been to rehab twice.

Can we make it a rule not to mention the name "Mario Tremblay" unless its accompanied with extreme cursing on any habs site!   If it was up to me his name would be stricken from every cup he won in the 70's for the dark ages he sent the habs into.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Can we make it a rule not to mention the name "Mario Tremblay" unless its accompanied with extreme cursing on any habs site!   If it was up to me his name would be stricken from every cup he won in the 70's for the dark ages he sent the habs into.

Totally agreed!

I also think it’s true however.

Yow. The question is not whether Blueberry is a dick (the answer is obvious) but whether he is the type to spout unfounded rumours. I don't pay much attention to him, so I'm not sure - but it's disturbing info if true.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yow. The question is not whether Blueberry is a dick (the answer is obvious) but whether he is the type to spout unfounded rumours. I don't pay much attention to him, so I'm not sure - but it's disturbing info if true.

On the first time through, the NHL team is not allowed to announce it. 

On the second time though, they are. 

The thing is, when would Galchenyuk have gone.  He didnt have any long, unexplained abscences.  All of his injuries... like last year in LA, we've seen them happen on the ice.  He hasn't been missing for months for personal reasons... and even in the summer he constantly has tweets, videos, etc... of himself working out. 

I'm going to wait for a better source here. 

Of course Mario Tremblay wouldn't be the type to throw stones while living in a glass house. 

http://torontosun.com/2015/03/20/mario-tremblay-delivers-cheap-shot-to-pk-subban-during-dui-arrest-court-hears/wcm/b5752ed2-086b-4d82-a961-f49484b109a7

(Officer) Perron testified that when he ordered a breathalyser, Tremblay said, "If you make me breathe, I won’t pass. You have the choice of being right or being mean."

When the former Hab continued to resist, Perron put him in handcuffs, prompting Tremblay to pepper him with insults.

"He compared me to hockey players, (saying) I’m like PK Subban and I have no judgment and I’m stupid," said the officer, who proceeded to drive the five-time Stanley Cup winner home.

• Upvote 1

Well...addiction would explain both the Habs' reluctance to trust him with added responsibility, and weird things like the complete collapse of his game 2/3 of the way through last season and into this one. It might even contribute to Galy's tendency to be out of sync with his linemates and his crummy defensive game (speaking to a guy not attuned to team systems, hard to coach, etc.). And the thought of a kid checking into rehab twice before he turns 25 suggests a young man trying to battle his demons - which may also shed light on his apparent crises of confidence. He's got bigger things on his plate than playing hockey.

That's all total speculation, though. I sure hope Tremblay is wrong, because Galy would not be the first highly talented young player to struggle with this. Brian Fogarty and Derek Sanderson come to mind as particularly tragic cases.:(

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I remember seeing a report of this during the summer, to be honest.  Given the sensitivity of it though (and it was a sketchy source), I decided not to post any links about it or mention it here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He could be shooting heroin in the locker room and it still doesn't explain Julien only playing him at centre on the powerplay. 

If you can't trust him don't play him. That's what Bergevin did with Kassian. Instead it just feels like another excuse for them not to like him. And Julien constantly saying it's not a demotion to play him on the fourth line. Give me a break. 

Just get it over with and trade him. 

I'm not a Julien fan and I was against what he did last season to Galchenyuk in the playoffs. I hadn't heard the quote, but it's not a demotion to play Galchenyuk on the 4th line this season. If Galchenyuk were to view it that way, that would become the issue. I don't think Galchenyuk himself had any complaints about playing with Nikita Scherbak on the 4th line. Galchenyuk needs to play well and help the team regardless of where he plays in the lineup.  I think for the past few weeks, he's been doing so.

If Galchenyuk were not getting any power play time, I would be complaining. Instead fans are complaining despite the fact that Julien is giving him opportunity to perform in an offensive situation.

Galchenyuk is our 3rd or 4th most talented player but people are kidding themselves when they think he's the solution on his own. If I were coach? Galchenyuk would be playing first line center but the point still stands that he should be able to play his best and perform regardless of his place in the lineup.

12 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

He could be shooting heroin in the locker room and it still doesn't explain Julien only playing him at centre on the powerplay. 

If you can't trust him don't play him. That's what Bergevin did with Kassian. Instead it just feels like another excuse for them not to like him. And Julien constantly saying it's not a demotion to play him on the fourth line. Give me a break. 

Just get it over with and trade him. 

Don't worry, he'll be gone before the season is out. The writing is on the wall like it's Belshazzar's feast.

2 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I'm not a Julien fan and I was against what he did last season to Galchenyuk in the playoffs. I hadn't heard the quote, but it's not a demotion to play Galchenyuk on the 4th line this season. If Galchenyuk were to view it that way, that would become the issue. I don't think Galchenyuk himself had any complaints about playing with Nikita Scherbak on the 4th line. Galchenyuk needs to play well and help the team regardless of where he plays in the lineup.  I think for the past few weeks, he's been doing so.

If Galchenyuk were not getting any power play time, I would be complaining. Instead fans are complaining despite the fact that Julien is giving him opportunity to perform in an offensive situation.

Galchenyuk is our 3rd or 4th most talented player but people are kidding themselves when they think he's the solution on his own. If I were coach? Galchenyuk would be playing first line center but the point still stands that he should be able to play his best and perform regardless of his place in the lineup.

Hes scoring on the powerplay.  At evens what is he supposed to do with Mitchell and mccarron.  As marc dumont said hes a talented player but hes not crosby or mcdavid where linemates dont matter either.

Guest Stogey24
3 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

He played 10 facking minutes last game with mitchell and mccarron. 

Positive reinforcement... Maybe that's something that should be brought to the table. Or maybe some equality. Why is this kid constantly the whipping boy. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Don't worry, he'll be gone before the season is out. The writing is on the wall like it's Belshazzar's feast.

I'm curious....how do you know about Belshazzar's feast and the handwriting on the wall?? Not many would understand your statement! I'm a Pastor so I know it well, but I'm surprised to hear someone here use that quote! 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He played 10 facking minutes last game with mitchell and mccarron. 

Positive reinforcement... Maybe that's something that should be brought to the table. Or maybe some equality. Why is this kid constantly the whipping boy. 

For me, it's a vicious cycle. People are calling him the whipping boy and yet he's being given time on the power play. To me, that's not how a whipping boy would be treated.

All of Gallagher, Pacioretty, Byron, Hemsky, Danault, Pacioretty, Lehkonen, Shaw, Galchenyuk have spent time on the bottom 3 lines. Only Drouin has remained on the top line. 

The only player I see being given too long a leash high in the lineup (in my own very personal opinion) is Lehkonen. I think this does show, however, the type of player Julien looks for. 

There's a poster on here who always talks about "Julien teams" and how he prefers tougher, defensively responsible players who are hard to play against.

One thing I do know for certain is that a top line of Pacioretty-Drouin-Galchenyuk IS extremely soft and none of them are great puck retrievers. 

I do suppose a line of Lehkonen-Drouin-Galchenyuk is possible if you want to make everyone happy but then Byron becomes your "whipping boy".

People can laugh all they want at the disparity in skill between Byron and Galchenyuk, but Byron has been our best forward for a bit of a stretch here and quite honestly, he sees himself all throughout the lineup, never complains and still

manages to play a positive role for the squad.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, REV-G said:

I'm curious....how do you know about Belshazzar's feast and the handwriting on the wall?? Not many would understand your statement! I'm a Pastor so I know it well, but I'm surprised to hear someone here use that quote! 

I'm impressed when people actually know the source of commonly quoted phrases like this.... 

Well, REV-G, like Torontohab I'm a (pretty liberal) Roman Catholic with some awareness of theological and scriptural issues. I also do some scholarly writing (not at all on religious matters) which attunes one a little bit to linguistic/etymological questions, such as the origins of turns of phrase. And finally, I like Americana music, which means that Johnny Cash's 'Belshazzar' is not unknown to me. ;) Didn't mean to cause a kerfuffle! Cool that you're a Pastor, though - I didn't realize your Habsworld handle could be taken literally!

16 hours ago, REV-G said:

Guest Stogey24
15 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, REV-G, like Torontohab I'm a (pretty liberal) Roman Catholic with some awareness of theological and scriptural issues. I also do some scholarly writing (not at all on religious matters) which attunes one a little bit to linguistic/etymological questions, such as the origins of turns of phrase. And finally, I like Americana music, which means that Johnny Cash's 'Belshazzar' is not unknown to me. ;) Didn't mean to cause a kerfuffle! Cool that you're a Pastor, though - I didn't realize your Habsworld handle could be taken literally!

Say what