Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Would be nice to hear he was scouting this St. Louis prospect.

Jordan Kyrou

Center -- shoots R
Born May 5 1998 -- Toronto, ONT
[19 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 177 [183 cm/80 kg]
Drafted by St. Louis Blues
- round 2 #35 overall 2016 NHL Entry Draft

Jordan Kyrou hockey player photo  

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2014-15 Sarnia Sting OHL 63 13 23 36 12 8 5 1 5 6 0
2015-16 Sarnia Sting OHL 65 17 34 51 14 13 7 1 6 7 2
2016-17 Chicago Wolves AHL 1 0 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- --
2016-17 Sarnia Sting OHL 66 30 64 94 36 5 4 1 2 3 0
2017-18 Sarnia Sting OHL 38 26 54 80 12 23          

Embed Jordan Kyrou stats! | View as text

Max Pacioretty traded for a #35 overall draft pick... oh the excitement. 

:sarcasm_on:

Yes, I saw him the World Juniors and he was good... still wouldn’t like it unless the other pieces were brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Kyrou is not a centre.  Despite that listing.  He plays RW. 

scoring 2pts a game, who cares what he plays.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Max Pacioretty traded for a #35 overall draft pick... oh the excitement. 

Again, who cares where he was drafted...simply because Zetterberg and Datsyuk were 150+picks, you would turn your nose up at em. And what idiot would trade a perennial 30+ goal scorer for just a junior prospect? Just a dumb comment.

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Kyrou is good, but there are other prospects in the Blues system (Thomas, Dunn) that I would want more. 

I read a post on Twitter that the blues offered up Allen, Thomas and a 1st pick for Price and Bergevin said no. I think it was NHL trade rumors But can't find the like on my Twitter any more.

1 hour ago, DON said:

scoring 2pts a game, who cares what he plays.

Again, who cares where he was drafted...simply because Zetterberg and Datsyuk were 150+picks, you would turn your nose up at em. And what idiot would trade a perennial 30+ goal scorer for just a junior prospect? Just a dumb comment.

The only thing dumb have been the proposals I’ve seen for a perennial 30 goal scorer. That’s why your suggestion will not happen. Who else comes with Kyrou? 

Also, great job comparing Jordan Kyrou, in theory, to Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk. I can see you are thinking clearly now. Yes, that’s what makes it a good idea! Other amazing players have been drafted late!

It matters because Pacioretty is elite. Who cares that Jonathan Drouin and Alex Galchenyuk were drafted 3rd overall, when Max Pacioretty is arguably better than them? 

38 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I read a post on Twitter that the blues offered up Allen, Thomas and a 1st pick for Price and Bergevin said no. I think it was NHL trade rumors But can't find the like on my Twitter any more.

It came from JC Lajoie.  

He's not credible.

From LeBrun's latest at The Athletic:

It is certainly no guarantee that the Canadiens will trade captain Max Pacioretty.  But they continue to listen as teams keep calling.  The sense I get is that unless a team steps up with the kind of package that begins with a talented young centre, or something else that the Habs can’t refuse, Pacioretty is likely staying put through this trade deadline.

It’s not even 100 per cent that Tomas Plekanec gets moved despite the fact he’s a pending UFA. His fate can go either way over the next month and I think there’s still going to be some internal discussions on that one. Again, there may be an offer there from a Cup contender where it makes too much to trade him for an asset. We’ll see.

There's other stuff in the article but it's behind a paywall so I shouldn't post everything from it.

Trade Pleks at the deadline and get assets, and offer him a contract in the summer if you haven't solved your NHL center woes by July 1st.

I choose to believe this is Habs management trying to inflate the price of their trade bait instead of seriously considering extending Plek's contract.

35 minutes ago, Chris said:

It's not a tragedy. more insanity. 

Putting the same players in the same positions and expecting different results, Insanity

Pleks will land a 2nd. 

LeBrun said don't be too surprised if he resigns. That shouldn't even be an option 

Sorry, I should have read further up

Edited by Habopotamus

Pleks re-signing would be a blunt confession of catastrophic organizational weakness at C. Not trading him = an unacceptable abdication of any aspiration to even minimally competent asset management and symptomatic of a blinkered Mr Magoo management regime that out to be horsewhipped and expelled from the Bell Centre for life. UNACCEPTABLE.

If it happens, that is ;)

I would definitely trade him at the trade deadline, but I would try to sign him next season if it was for 4th, 3rd line centre dollars and term. He is the best defensive forward Montreal has had in 20 years. 

6 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I would definitely trade him at the trade deadline, but I would try to sign him next season if it was for 4th, 3rd line centre dollars and term. He is the best defensive forward Montreal has had in 20 years. 

Oh, sure - trade and re-sign, I'd have no huge problem with that. However, it would be vastly better to add an actual top-6 C and bump Danault to the checking C role.

At a minimum, Plekanec, Deslauriers, and Benn (I know he isn't a UFA, but cheap dman with 1 year left on his deal) should be moved out. I'd say if the Rocket aren't making the playoffs, trade Niemi for whatever and bring up a goalie. Our last selling brought in Danault and a 2018 2nd rounder.

Unlike most that lamented Bergevin's performance at last year's deadline, I don't think he's been terrible at managing the deadline. Yes, offense would've been nice, but the Habs weren't revisiting Vanek, and Vrbata does squat, it seems, when he doesn't play in AZ. The best hope is that assets are swapped for draft picks and a future GM gets to use those.

The team has gotten worse each year of MB reign. 

Byron, Pacs, Pleks, Galchenyuk, and any 4th liners should be open for trade discussions

Benn, Petry, Sclenko even Weber should be open for trade discussions

This team isn't even close to a playoff team. 

They need to get younger, faster and more skilled

30 minutes ago, Chris said:

The team has gotten worse each year of MB reign. 

Remarkably, this is basically correct. Worse every year after 2014. If this guy does not get fired it will be the final confirmation that we are now officially the Ballard Maple Leafs.

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Oh, sure - trade and re-sign, I'd have no huge problem with that. However, it would be vastly better to add an actual top-6 C and bump Danault to the checking C role.

If pleks is back on this team next year, Molson should be forced to sell the team.   Nothing against pleks, who was a good team guy, but this team needs complete change.  There is a stench worse than manure from the current core that is management’s doing, but the players are the ones who wear it in the games.

• Upvote 2