Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Looks like someone is negative happy on habs29

Yeah, well, Habs29 is lucky enough to cheer for a bottom-tier franchise in complete disarray and under manifestly inept management with little hope for the present or the future, and has the gal to be grouchy about it. The nerve of that guy!!!

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, well, Habs29 is lucky enough to cheer for a bottom-tier franchise in complete disarray and under manifestly inept management with little hope for the present or the future, and has the gal to be grouchy about it. The nerve of that guy!!!

Hab29 cheer....get real, has never happened.:huh:

My point was that negative posts about this team should not be downvoted. A rational fan SHOULD be negative about this team. The team is boring and it's terrible. The entire organization is terrible. That's not "being negative," it's facing facts.

• Upvote 1

I don't know why it was downvoted. 

My guess would be the smugness of the I told you so in the post though.  As well as the fact he only brings up things that he was right about.  Habs29 is negative about almost every move, but he only brings up the ones that didn't work.  I'm sure he was one of the people negative on why give byron a three-year deal, you don't give term to fourth liners, and other issues that have worked out fine... but there is a smugness of calling out people who supported the subban deal, or supported therrien, or whoever... and while I never supported those moves, there is a natural resistance from people who did getting the i told you so, and the attitude that Habs29 gives off that he has never been wrong about any issue with the team.  

If he'd own up once in a while to things he read the wrong way, he wouldn't get some of the flack he gets IMO. 

Then again look at his account... he got one downvote yesterday.  I'm not sure what the huge issue is.  Someone is going to disagree with a post here and a post there, no matter who does them.  There is a difference between that, and someone downvoting 20 posts in a row (and he's not getting that AFAIK)

58 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

My point was that negative posts about this team should not be downvoted. A rational fan SHOULD be negative about this team. The team is boring and it's terrible. The entire organization is terrible. That's not "being negative," it's facing facts.

There are a few pompom waving rose colored glasses wearing types that will downvote anything critical of the team or any player on it, no matter if it's plausible or even downright probable.  The key to the whole upvote/downvote thing is learning not to care too deeply about what some stranger on the internet thinks of your post, nor to put too much stock in your reputation 'score'.  As much as we see life being portrayed in 'absolutes' in the media (politics being especially vicious with extremes and the divide it creates recently), we have to resist letting the trend infect our enjoyment of sports.

6 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

The only thing we have to cheer about is the firing of our GM but I doubt that happens

That would be cause for celebration; I will pick up a little cake for dessert the day it happens to mark the joyous occasion.

36 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't know why it was downvoted. 

My guess would be the smugness of the I told you so in the post though.  As well as the fact he only brings up things that he was right about.  Habs29 is negative about almost every move, but he only brings up the ones that didn't work.  I'm sure he was one of the people negative on why give byron a three-year deal, you don't give term to fourth liners, and other issues that have worked out fine... but there is a smugness of calling out people who supported the subban deal, or supported therrien, or whoever... and while I never supported those moves, there is a natural resistance from people who did getting the i told you so, and the attitude that Habs29 gives off that he has never been wrong about any issue with the team.  

If he'd own up once in a while to things he read the wrong way, he wouldn't get some of the flack he gets IMO. 

Then again look at his account... he got one downvote yesterday.  I'm not sure what the huge issue is.  Someone is going to disagree with a post here and a post there, no matter who does them.  There is a difference between that, and someone downvoting 20 posts in a row (and he's not getting that AFAIK)

Actually I liked the Byron pick up and signing - saw plenty of him in Calgary and he was always a Dan favourite here.  Am I surprised he scored 20 goals - definitely.  He always had issues finishing here in Calgary- especially on breakaways - reminded me a lot of Russ courtnall. And I’ve always been supportive of signing depth players long term to cheap contracts - I actually wanted the habs to sign a blood and guts guy like Ryan white to a 3 or 4 year deal. Which in hindsight MAY have been a mistake - I still liked White a hell of a lot more than some of the players we replaced him for.

i think to build a team you need to have consistency in your depth players and you should sign them long term as long as they are cheap contracts.   What I hate is giving grunts like Alzner and Shaw the $ and term.  Or even Prust who a lot of guys loved.  Prust at 4 years for $1.4M I would have been okay with. Prust at close to $3m for years is stupidity.

dont mean to sound smug, there hasn’t been much I’ve been wrong about with the decisions of this management team.  Daneult was a pleasant surprise, but i still don’t want him as anything more than a 3rd liner.  Him playing with maxpac  is friggin ridiculous - particularly with galchenyuk on the 4th line

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

That would be cause for celebration; I will pick up a little cake for dessert the day it happens to mark the joyous occasion.

I’d be doing the balki baltalkimous dance of joy 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’d be doing the balki baltalkimous dance of joy 

So bibi babkas rather than cake?  Might as well keep with Mypos traditions for the celebration.

13 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I brought it up because he posted twice and both posts were down rated. I think someone removed one of them when I mentioned it. 

Don't matter to me. Negative vote every post I make. Won't change a thing.

I appreciate upvotes, but yeah, I sure don't lose sleep over downvotes. And frankly I have a hard time believing Habs29 does either :lol:

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The team is boring and it's terrible. The entire organization is terrible. That's not "being negative," it's facing facts.

You and your blanket pronouncements. So you found the 6-5 loss a boring game, I bet 99% of everyone would disagree with you.

SO Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Drouin, Price, Weber, Mete, Juulsen, Poehling, Lehkonen, Hudon ....are terrible hockey players.

Give me a break, you don't need to be silly in your negativity.

Remember last year team wound up 1st in Atlantic and 99% thought the team would roll over Rangers in 1st round of playoffs....I bet you even predicted a win in series, so this version is much weaker, but not to the degree you and 29 keep touting. 

4 hours ago, DON said:

You and your blanket pronouncements. So you found the 6-5 loss a boring game, I bet 99% of everyone would disagree with you.

SO Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Drouin, Price, Weber, Mete, Juulsen, Poehling, Lehkonen, Hudon ....are terrible hockey players.

Give me a break, you don't need to be silly in your negativity.

Remember last year team wound up 1st in Atlantic and 99% thought the team would roll over Rangers in 1st round of playoffs....I bet you even predicted a win in series, so this version is much weaker, but not to the degree you and 29 keep touting. 

No, I mean the organization as a whole is terrible. Even the Houle teams had quality players like Koivu and Theodore. Certainly I like some of our players. In fact I've been arguing for some time that we need less a rebuild than a reboot, based on trading MaxPac to get back impact young guys to anchor our corpus of decent (not exceptional) young FWs.

But missing the playoffs in 2016, a limp first round exit due to the same old problems that went back at least to 2015, followed by the Bataan death march of a season, with no elite prospects ready in the wings, all speak to a wider incompetence at all levels of the organization, both on and off the ice. How many times does this team have to suck ass before you accept that it does?

I don't think the team is boring or terrible  either. When the team is on and skates⛸ well they're  a good team to watch, but when they're off and not skating well we all know what they look like.

The problem is the front office which starts with Mr. Molson. He needs to step aside and bring in a hockey guy to run this team the right way. We need to get back to building this team through the draft and developing players. I am sure people are in his ear about firing Bergevin, but the question is will he or wont he? I for one think he will be back next year as GM. But i think next year could be his last if the team doesn't improve and we see the same result.

13 minutes ago, Metallica said:

I don't think the team is boring or terrible  either. When the team is on and skates⛸ well they're  a good team to watch, but when they're off and not skating well we all know what they look like.

Well, every team looks good when they're "on." Even the really bad ones. This team looks good, I'd say, for about 1/3 of every game it plays. That's what being a bad team is.

I myself don't call a defence corps that can't make plays and a bunch of shots from the perimeter "entertaining hockey."

Now in fairness, a healthy Weber would probably bump the team up a notch, from execrable to merely  mediocre.

Again, i don't think it makes a lick of difference if Molson steps aside or not.  

He's not a hockey guy, but he also knows that he's not a hockey guy. 

The problem is his top hockey guy is shit.  Bergevin is shit. 

If he hires a president who is a hockey guy, but is shit, like Kevin Lowe was for the Oilers... it doesn't make a difference.  your hockey guy who is president and has final say is shit. 

if he hires a president who is good.. then it will be good. 

if he stays in the same spot and has a shit GM, then its gonna suck.  That GM is still the top hockey guy, still has final say, so if he's shit, the team will be. 

If he stays in the same spot and has a great GM, then the team will be good. 

What job title he gives the decision maker, GM or President... it doesn't matter.  What matters is that the person in charge knows what he's doing. 

59 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Again, i don't think it makes a lick of difference if Molson steps aside or not.  

He's not a hockey guy, but he also knows that he's not a hockey guy. 

The problem is his top hockey guy is shit.  Bergevin is shit. 

If he hires a president who is a hockey guy, but is shit, like Kevin Lowe was for the Oilers... it doesn't make a difference.  your hockey guy who is president and has final say is shit. 

if he hires a president who is good.. then it will be good. 

if he stays in the same spot and has a shit GM, then its gonna suck.  That GM is still the top hockey guy, still has final say, so if he's shit, the team will be. 

If he stays in the same spot and has a great GM, then the team will be good. 

What job title he gives the decision maker, GM or President... it doesn't matter.  What matters is that the person in charge knows what he's doing. 

I don't think this team needs a full blow up. I think it needs a retool. Plekenec, Petry, Benn, Schlemko, Niemi should all be traded at the deadline. We need to rebuild this D core and add a #1 center . With the cap space we have and the drafts picks we have it can be done. I just don't trust the GM we have to do it.  I think  his mind set is what ever it takes to save his job, which is why he did the Drouin trade.

I rarely read him anymore because I realized that very little of what he says happens, but for interest sake while we're waiting for something significant to happen....Eklund says that Shea Weber's name is being talked about and there are a number of teams interested.

If Bergevin has his eyes and ears open he knows his dream job is on the line...as well as his buddies, so would he trade Weber??

For interest sake, if he did, what sort of return could we expect...with his contract?

4 minutes ago, REV-G said:

I rarely read him anymore because I realized that very little of what he says happens, but for interest sake while we're waiting for something significant to happen....Eklund says that Shea Weber's name is being talked about and there are a number of teams interested.

If Bergevin has his eyes and ears open he knows his dream job is on the line...as well as his buddies, so would he trade Weber??

For interest sake, if he did, what sort of return could we expect...with his contract?

If the other team's GM is really, really dumb, we could get someone like P.K. Subban. 

• Upvote 3

The more i think about a Pacioretty trade, the more I want the pick to be a 2019 first. 

We have 4 picks in the first two rounds, including a really high one this year. 

I'd do something like Patches to Anaheim for

Sam Steel, 2019 first and Josh Mahura. 

I mean, what we've seen the last couple years... Sens and Habs turning to turds this year after being strong last year. Tampa even missed the playoffs just one year ago.  Trade for a 2019 pick and hope that team has a bad season and misses the playoffs.  They don't even have to finish last, anything in the lottery has a chance of winning the Jack Hughes prize.  It doesn't even have to be anaheim, could be any team that wants patch.  You never know what will happen next year. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

If the other team's GM is really, really dumb, we could get someone like P.K. Subban. 

Weber isn’t getting moved, and it’s not because other teams wouldn’t offer well for him. Quite sincerely, the other gm wouldn’t be really, really dumb if they traded P.K. Subban for Weber either. The only reason being that they are at least both very extremely capable players. 

Of course our GM has made some irrational moves since, which makes that move look worse than it was, but the team was just as boring, or lacksadaisacal, in Subban’s final year with us. Avid fans mention that they are missing periods, or entire games at this point without much thought, however the same thing happened the year Price got injured and Subban was on the team. The Habs were terrible from December 1st onward that year. Furthermore, they weren’t any more entertaining than now. Last year, they were more entertaining that either of those seasons.

Trading Weber at this point in time would be moronic, especially based on the fact that he has been injured. Speaking of lowest value possible, and that would be right now. We’re also having a conversation based on a rumor from Eklund, who’s name I only know because it’s mentioned here from time to time.