Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

36 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Kypreos: Plekanec is one of the top centres available right now.

Bergevin: I just signed one of the top centres available right now. What more do you want?

You can add media answer to Bergevin question 

Media: undo the PK trade ?

45 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Kypreos: Plekanec is one of the top centres available right now.

Bergevin: I just signed one of the top centres available right now. What more do you want?

:lol:

Sadly, this is all too plausible

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-no-shortage-rick-nash-suitors-ahead-deadline/sn-amp/?__twitter_impression=true

From 31 Thoughts:

Pacioretty to Florida is a "stealth" possibility.

Habs will take a look at Max Domi.

Plekanec wants to stay in Montreal, and there is an extension to be had there. It comes down to whether "Bergevin gets an offer he likes."

SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE HIM AN OFFER HE LIKES

If we are going to resign Plekenec, I don't see anyone from this core being traded. I think Plekenec is the first domino to fall, if he gets traded they're blowing up the core. If he doesn't they are retooling once July 1st starts.

I wonder what it would take to get pageau out of Ottawa, Always liked him  as a player.

10 hours ago, Metallica said:

If we are going to resign Plekenec, I don't see anyone from this core being traded. I think Plekenec is the first domino to fall, if he gets traded they're blowing up the core. If he doesn't they are retooling once July 1st starts.

I wonder what it would take to get pageau out of Ottawa, Always liked him  as a player.

Hertl went down last night. Depending on the severity, does that make Plekanec that much more valuable?

1 hour ago, BlueKross said:

Hertl went down last night. Depending on the severity, does that make Plekanec that much more valuable?

I think Plex is already quite valuable. He is the perfect shutdown centre that can play against top lines and do very well. I'm sure he is sought after by contenders.

But...I wouldn't be surprised if we simply keep him and resign long term as I think CJ and MB want this team to be 23 Plexs strong

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Metallica said:

Plekanec is not a determining factor on this team 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Plekanec is not a determining factor on this team 

No but Bergevin is, if his ego still thinks this Is a good core group of players, he wont trade any of them and that means Plekenec.

2 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

Plekanec isn't a core player though. If he stays or goes there is zero correlation to Pacioretty being dealt. 

Yes Plekenec is a core player our core group is

Plekenec 

Pacioretty 

Price 

Gallagher 

Galchenyuk 

Petry 

Weber 

3 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I would say Drouin is core compared to a 33 year old 3rd line centre on the last year of his contract.

I'm with you, but God only knows how the dummies running this team see things. For all my criticisms of MB I have a hard time believing even he is stupid enough not to trade Pleks.

Plekanec is a third liner at best.  He's on an expiring deal.  I think its madness to think anyone believes he's a core piece. 

Would they like him back for a role? Sure.  But he's getting a massive paycut no matter what. 

The only thing that remains to be seen is if Bergevin is smart enough to trade him now, before re-signing in July, or if they do a stupid extension now. 

But there is no way that the status of plekanec is a determining factor in other moves.  Danault is more a part of the core than Plekanec.

I 100% do not agree with the statement "If he gets traded they are blowing up the core".  He's not that integral at his age.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Plekanec is a third liner at best.  He's on an expiring deal.  I think its madness to think anyone believes he's a core piece. 

Would they like him back for a role? Sure.  But he's getting a massive paycut no matter what. 

The only thing that remains to be seen is if Bergevin is smart enough to trade him now, before re-signing in July, or if they do a stupid extension now. 

But there is no way that the status of plekanec is a determining factor in other moves.  Danault is more a part of the core than Plekanec.

I agree, Danault would be a perfect 3rd line centre if we get a real 1C soon enough. Plecks has to be traded

42 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I agree, Danault would be a perfect 3rd line centre if we get a real 1C soon enough. Plecks has to be traded

This team needs ANY top-6 calibre C. Are we the only team in hockey without a clear-cut, unquestionably qualified top-6 C? (I like Drouin and all, but look, we're 3/4 through the season and he is still not winning face-offs...) It is really quite astonishing.

And he is in the -25 range with Chucky (+/-) with tells how little scoring they are generating and how bad they defensive coverage was

but I like how CJ has improved their consistency. If I am not mistaken, they are playing better defensively since January. I think they will turn it around.

We just need a better centre than Danault to push him down to 3C

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

And he is in the -25 range with Chucky (+/-) with tells how little scoring they are generating and how bad they defensive coverage was

but I like how CJ has improved their consistency. If I am not mistaken, they are playing better defensively since January. I think they will turn it around.

We just need a better centre than Danault to push him down to 3C

I agree. I know everyone is lusting after the fabled #1C, but less appreciated is that the addition of ANY bona-fide top-6 C would fill a huge hole on this squad.

23 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I agree. I know everyone is lusting after the fabled #1C, but less appreciated is that the addition of ANY bona-fide top-6 C would fill a huge hole on this squad.

I still think we have to do something in right wing too. They are playin Gally as a 3rd RW. We have interchangeable pieces for the other RW spots and one too many

6 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I would say Drouin is core compared to a 33 year old 3rd line centre on the last year of his contract.

Drouin would be part of the new core group. He is not part of the current core.