Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

29 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Does this mean that it's a 3 way trade that the Habs will help facilitate (kind of like Vegas did with Brassard) or that the Habs have thrown their hat in the Karlsson sweepstakes?

Just now, John B said:

Does this mean that it's a 3 way trade that the Habs will help facilitate (kind of like Vegas did with Brassard) or that the Habs have thrown their hat in the Karlsson sweepstakes?

In this scenario we are Vegas, not Pittsburgh.

50 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

The follow-up doesn't sound too thrilling:

Taking on Ryan's contract isn't anything to get excited about.

I have added Yost to the list of Twitter profiles that appear on the website feed so if he posts anything else about these talks, you'll be able to see it there as well.

At this point, I just want something exciting to happen. The mind-numbing dreariness of this season has been soul-crushing.

I also don't think MB can do too much damage if he's just moving pieces like Pleks or Byron around. My belief, FWIW, is that the big moves will happen this summer and that those moves will constitute the acid test of whether he completes his own project of franchise destruction, or manages to gouge out some reasonable grounds that the future will be better than the present and recent past.

I have no faith in MB to do anything in the offseason. 

Other than Drouin for Segachev his MO is 4th liners and 6 and 7 defensemen. 

Pacs and even Galchenyuk at the deadline ill bring more IMO, you get them for multiple playoff runs. 

As I said in the other thread.... Bobby Ryan has 4 years after this one on his contract (that said a buyout is manageable). 

If 1 year of Brian Bickell was worth Teuvo Teravainen

I want Thomas Chabot and one of Colin White or Logan Brown to take on Ryan

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

As I said in the other thread.... Bobby Ryan has 4 years after this one on his contract (that said a buyout is manageable). 

Chabot would be a good addition 

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Any speculations as to return?

Poor Pleks. The Habs are all he's known for, like, 15 years...he's got to be a bundle of anxiety at this moment.

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Any speculations as to return?

Poor Pleks. The Habs are all he's known for, like, 15 years...he's got to be a bundle of anxiety at this moment.

None that I can see.  While some are hoping for a guy like Roslovic, the Habs would have to add a lot to get him.  Winnipeg has their full complement of picks so maybe something like their 2nd rounder plus someone like Marko Dano (a former first rounder that needs a change of scenery desperately).  Nic Petan is someone who will need waivers next year and may not have a spot so that's someone they could ask for as well.

From the HNIC Headlines:

- Pacioretty wants to be traded

- Talks with Minnesota have quieted - were wanting Charlie Coyle involved in the trade

- Kings have interest - Habs have asked about Tanner Pearson and Tyler Toffoli and have been rebuffed - maybe Gabe Vilardi's inclusion helps get something done

- Jets, Leafs, and Lightning interested in Plekanec

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

From the HNIC Headlines:

- Pacioretty wants to be traded

- Talks with Minnesota have quieted - were wanting Charlie Coyle involved in the trade

- Kings have interest - Habs have asked about Tanner Pearson and Tyler Toffoli and have been rebuffed - maybe Gabe Vilardi's inclusion helps get something done

- Jets, Leafs, and Lightning interested in Plekanec

Pacioretty wanting out is massive news. I have a feeling some big changes are on the horizon .

6 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Pacioretty wanting out is massive news. I have a feeling some big changes are on the horizon .

Until we have a change in management, it's still going to be a hamster wheel situation.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:16 PM, Commandant said:

I hope this turns into something because it could be an unexpected home run for us.

The next two days are going to be tough

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

The writing was on the wall 

This captain apparently knows when it’s time to leave a sinking ship.