Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

If you think he and his agent aren't shooting for the moon, after the last deal massively underpaid him, you are deluding yourself. 

He's looking for a home run here, and if he doesn't get it from the Habs (or whatever team he is playing with next season), he is going to July 1st. 

There is almost zero chance he signs any deal that is a home town discount in dollars or term. 

There have been many rumours over the years that Pacioretty is looking for his next deal to be a big one... and the fact that he fired the agent who negotiated his last deal less than a year into it, is compelling evidence that he isn't happy with his current contract. 

Sounds an awful lot like a player many wanted to toss blank cheque at last off-season but he went to warmer climate, team with couple better forwards and with no taxs.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Slava Voynov is looking to return to the NHL this summer and a report from Russia has the Habs as one of five teams interested in him.  The Kings still hold his rights so a trade would have to be made to get him.

http://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/khl/news/pyat-klubov-nhl-zainteresovany-v-voynove-1400273/

I'm gonna go with there being a 0% chance the Habs are actually interested in Voynov. 

17 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I'm gonna go with there being a 0% chance the Habs are actually interested in Voynov. 

There have been reports from earlier this season that said the Habs were going to be active in pursuing international players this summer and Voynov is a top-four left-shot defenceman.  The off-ice incident notwithstanding, he'd certainly be an upgrade and would fill a need.  Besides, it's not as if Bergevin is afraid of the unpopular move either.  I'm not saying they'd for sure want him but I don't think they'd be dismissing the notion outright.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

There have been reports from earlier this season that said the Habs were going to be active in pursuing international players this summer and Voynov is a top-four left-shot defenceman.  The off-ice incident notwithstanding, he'd certainly be an upgrade and would fill a need.  Besides, it's not as if Bergevin is afraid of the unpopular move either.  I'm not saying they'd for sure want him but I don't think they'd be dismissing the notion outright.

Voynov is a right shot. So between that and the whole better attitude thing, it would be a very weird signing. 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Oh the irony of that move with the attitude and character spiel. Nothing would surprise me at this point though.

• 2 weeks later...

Elliotte Friedman on the 31 Thoughts podcast days Joel Bouchard to Montreal looks like it's happening, but Friedman doesn't yet know if he's coming in as a coach or as an executive.

• Upvote 1

I remember Michael Nylander going to Edmonton. Even Edmontons official page reported this. And then he signed with Washington instead so I will not believe anything until...  well until the contract is signed.

• Upvote 1

The Habs apparently made an offer to defenceman Tobie Paquette-Bisson (I presume an AHL deal was on the table) but he declined and signed with Rochester instead.  Worth noting, he's another Blainville-Boisbriand player (also known as the place where Joel Bouchard coaches).

I know its Eklund but us inquiring about Jonathan Toews wouldnt surprise me if its true... and it scares me... 

trading our 3rd overall for a 30+ player on a huge deal. ?

9 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Looks like PK could be on the move this off season ..... Wonder if Nashville  would take Weber for him ???

I think NY or LA would be more his style.

38 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Looks like PK could be on the move this off season ..... Wonder if Nashville  would take Weber for him ???

Not happening and even if MB was given a mulligan to correct past stupidity, he would probably end up trading Weber for Suter to fill the hole on left D, 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/607777002

31 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Don't think Subban is moving at all. 

Pagnotta and that entire 4th Period site is crap.  Its bad when you are known for being the Eklund Wanabees.

The genesis of the story was literally someone asking Friedman if Subban could get moved, and Friedman said very unlikely, but it could happen and here's why. That turned into a bajillion Twitter accounts and websites reporting that Subban was on the block. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/predators-shoot-p-k-subban-trade-rumours/

“Where’s he going?” Laviolette asked at his year-end press conference when the rumour was raised. “P.K. is here for me. Listen, he’s been here for two years, and we’re moving in a pretty good direction here with him as part of our club. He’s been awesome. His regular season, I thought, was really good last year; he might have been the best player on our team in the playoffs last year, just with regard to the way he and (Mattias) Ekholm played and defended.

“From that playoffs it went right into the regular season this year. He’s up for the Norris Trophy. I thought again that P.K. and Ekholm had an outstanding playoffs. I don’t know if there was growth from Year 1 to Year 2. He was just awesome in both years for me. He’s coachable. Plays big minutes. Plays against the best players. Produces in the defensive zone and produces in the offensive zone. I mean, you can’t ask for anything more than that.”

How about this for a trade 

To Carolina 

Our 3rd overall  pick and a 2nd round pick 

To habs

There 2nd overall pick 

We then draft svechnikov 

30 minutes ago, Metallica said:

How about this for a trade 

To Carolina 

Our 3rd overall  pick and a 2nd round pick 

To habs

There 2nd overall pick 

We then draft svechnikov 

Carolina would do that if they really wanted Zadina. Otherwise they would keep Svech

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Carolina would do that if they really wanted Zadina. Otherwise they would keep Svech

If they really wanted Zadina, don't make an offer, just let them take Zadina.