Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, but long shot are all we've got.

Say hello to Tyler Bozak.

I was interested to read that Desharnais is going to the KHL after a 50-point season. He's a natural C, the biggest joke of all is that he'd represent an upgrade on whatever shite we are throwing out there right now.

Drouin had a terrible year but he still put up 46 points. Desharnais last did that in 2015 and is turning 32. If Drouin is now more comfortable at centre he should be at least doing DD production from a few years back, though he still should go back to the wing. 

3 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

50 point seasons are long lost for David Desharnais. He had 28 points last year. Although I do agree after wanting him shipped out for about 3-4 years, he’d represent an upgrade on some of the shite we have up the middle. 

Oops - I misread a piece of info, my bad. Thanks for the corrective, you've stopped me from droning on about DD the 50-point player etc.:bonk:

19 hours ago, Commandant said:

And it begins

You can bet your behind Lou is going to throw out all of the mob boss machismo he's got at Tavares, he will woo him with sensible talk about building a very competitive team for him. He will offer him the money he deserves, a proper well thought plan to take the team to the next level during the next 1 to 3 years, and Tavares will likely love it. The only thing Lou can't control, is the instability of that market, if the name John Tavares doesn't get people in those seats every night, then I doubt Lou Lamoriello's will.

If I had to pick, I'd say this just escalated to a 70% chance Tavares stays with them now, with only the fear of re-location during his next contract really playing a role in his uncertainty.

On 2018-05-21 at 3:07 PM, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I dislike Bergevin, relatively speaking, but it gets tiring hearing the mistakes he might make rather than discussing the ones he already has made. What’s even more peculiar is that no one agrees on the mistakes he has made. There are groups of people who hate this move, but didn’t mind another, and then there are groups of people who disliked the move other people liked and vice versa.

People want him fired. That’s fine. Making up futuristic moves that look bad and saying them out loud won’t get him fired though. Bergevin has been questionable, in my opinion, but our team isn’t the circus act some people describe. I want to wait until late August before I criticize Bergevin for another bad off season. It’s easy to say it’s too little too late, or whatever, but we don’t have the power to fire him and it’s also not true that he can’t right the ship. I personally sincerely feel that Bergevin could produce an effective team with some of the pieces we have, he just doesn’t really deserve that opportunity.

I think you've made some very good points. I think it's at the very least a waste of time, if not a touch immature  [sorry], to make up potential ridiculous moves he might make and ridicule him for those. That's not fair.

I have written previously about what I think were the bad moves, PK, Radulov, Markov, losing both Emelin and Beaulieu, Eller [when we were so weak in the middle]. Then signing Alzner, slow and to such a long term, Hemsky, Streit. When I look at PK, Sergachev and Emelin, they would look pretty good on our back end with the young guys we have. Hiring friends and keeping them in positions for way too long. Sticking with people [AHL coaches] that simply weren't succeeding. I think it's fair to criticize those moves.

Of course there have been some good moves, Byron, Danault, I personally [in hindsight] wouldn't have made the Drouin trade, but I think what MB was trying to do at the time was correct. It just hasn't turned out very good for us so far. 

When I add it all up, I have to give MB a low to failing grade compared to what he inherited when he first came. I think CC is right. MB is a very good talker and probably fun to be around. But his body of work up to now is not good. 

If there are pockets of the old boys club they need to be cleaned out and I think we're seeing that beginning to happen. I think the NHL has moved beyond that and we need to catch up.

I think the moves MB made in the past month adding two very good younger coaches is a very good move.

But I agree with the above statement. As painful as it might be I think we have to wait and evaluate his moves in late July or August and then we shall see things as they truly are.

36 minutes ago, REV-G said:

I have written previously about what I think were the bad moves, , losing both Emelin and Beaulieu, Eller

Losing Beaulieu was bad move? Your kidding.

Off-loading Emelin's last year was bad move? When he went bye bye, was no one crying that is for sure.

Eller for two 2nd picks was a bad move? You cant be serious are you?

Even lead foot Markov lose, "shouldn't" of been a big deal and a smart move in long run...but Bergevin had no plan 'B', which was the main issue/problem with letting him walk, not him actually going to KHL.

1 hour ago, Link67 said:

f I had to pick, I'd say this just escalated to a 70% chance Tavares stays with them now, with only the fear of re-location during his next contract really playing a role in his uncertainty.

They won't get moved. They are building a new arena in Belmont Park on Long Island. Until it's complete they are splitting games between Barclays and Nassau. Islanders are going nowhere.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Losing Beaulieu was bad move? Your kidding.

Off-loading Emelin's last year was bad move? When he went bye bye, was no one crying that is for sure.

Eller for two 2nd picks was a bad move? You cant be serious are you?

Even lead foot Markov lose, "shouldn't" of been a big deal and a smart move in long run...but Bergevin had no plan 'B', which was the main issue/problem with letting him walk, not him actually going to KHL.

Eller for two picks was more than washed out by Shaw for two picks.  I’d rather have Eller as our #3 centre than Shaw in our top 6.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

They won't get moved. They are building a new arena in Belmont Park on Long Island. Until it's complete they are splitting games between Barclays and Nassau. Islanders are going nowhere.

Oh well in that case his chances of moving are also slim, I didn't realize it was set in stone, I thought it was still being worked out, my bad.

They have the players, the front office guy now, and also the stability to build something very good as early as next season. Stick a quality netminder back there and watch the ball start rolling, Tavares really has no reason to leave there anymore from a hockey perspective.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Eller for two picks was more than washed out by Shaw for two picks.  I’d rather have Eller as our #3 centre than Shaw in our top 6.

I agree, BUT taken on its own terms Eller for two seconds is an impressive return.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Shaw is in the top 9, same as Eller.  MB traded an underperforming center for a playoff experienced grinder.  It’s a shame Shaw has had concussion issues, otherwise I think he would’ve solidified his role with the team more.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

Shaw is in the top 9, same as Eller.  MB traded an underperforming center for a playoff experienced grinder.  It’s a shame Shaw has had concussion issues, otherwise I think he would’ve solidified his role with the team more.

It’s a fine trade, one I’m neither happy or upset about.

Shaw could have turned out on the upside end and been a 40 point agitator, easily. He didn’t do it, but you can see how it could have.

The trade might not have worked, but it’s understandable. I still don’t understand trades like Subban Weber, and I didn’t at the time. But still there are those who’ll say I’m biased. I think I’m looking at it rationally but it is what it is.

edit: Sorry for bringing up THE TRADE, it’s just meant as a comparison. I can easily see and understand the rationale behind the Eller Shaw swap. Personally, not so for theeeee traaaade.

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Shaw was 9th in icetime among the forwards and that is a good amount for him. On pace for 16g aside from concussions, also would be very respectable.

I always like Eller and hope he scores the cup winner this year.

2 hours ago, JGC21 said:

Shaw has always been a bit of smoke and mirrors. Remove him from the powerplay and he's a 13 point player this season and a 22 point player last season. His last season with Chicago he had 26 ESP. Shaw shouldn't be playing any powerplay minutes but he does, and that's what makes him look like a great third line winger instead of what he is, a third line agitator with average offensive skill. I'm convinced Bergevin thought he was a second line winger and just needed the minutes. 

12 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I like the way shaw plays. Eller isn't a top 6. Neither is shaw. I prefer having shaw. He plays hard and wins a lot of puck battles.

Evander Kane rumored to be resigning with San Jose for 7 years. How does this impact the Habs? Maybe it increases the market for Pacioretty, maybe increases the chances the Sharks don't sign Tavares, maybe no impact at all. 

55 minutes ago, illWill said:

Evander Kane rumored to be resigning with San Jose for 7 years. How does this impact the Habs? Maybe it increases the market for Pacioretty, maybe increases the chances the Sharks don't sign Tavares, maybe no impact at all. 

Pacioretty is going to want 8-10mil based on San Jose giving Kane 7mil,  Plus the tax difference in Montreal. So its safe to say bye bye Pacioretty.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Seemed to have had a bad year stats-wise... any known reasons for that?

He skipped the world championships for czechs for.the first time since 2013... telling the team he was too beat up.

Cali taxes are pretty high too

35 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Pacioretty is going to want 8-10mil based on San Jose giving Kane 7mil,  Plus the tax difference in Montreal. So its safe to say bye bye Pacioretty.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Jan Kovar is leaving the KHL in search of NHL opportunity

The last I had heard on him (about two weeks ago), he's leaving the KHL and is open to playing in the NHL but will also look into opportunities in other international leagues.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

The last I had heard on him (about two weeks ago), he's leaving the KHL and is open to playing in the NHL but will also look into opportunities in other international leagues.

He had a down year in the KHL. I think he’s much more of a Jori Lehtera than a Radulov.

Could find a fit but I don’t think he’ll be a massive price in the NHL.