Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

16 hours ago, illWill said:

But I thought Subban and Tavares were besties

Even if he's hangin' with PK, I suspect most of PK's gripes would centre on that dolt Therrien...and other than that he's probably super positive about Montreal. ;) It's nice to imagine JT in the CH, but like most people I think it'll be a borderline miracle if ir happens.

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

PK is hanging with his new girlfriend. She does things that JT is not willing to do. 

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/former-canadien-p-k-subban-is-dating-american-ski-star-lindsey-vonn

Yow! #PKwinsagain

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Any source on this? I can only find a single tweet saying it from some random (ie not a verified reporter) account.

Youd think if tavares was in montreal, hanging out with a habs player, someone in the media would be reporting it.

Am i missing a real report?

One person on Reddit who promised a photo but couldn't produce: 

Too bad. I was hoping to see Weber swaddle Tavares and promise to keep him safe in Montreal.

4 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

One person on Reddit who promised a photo but couldn't produce: 

Too bad. I was hoping to see Weber swaddle Tavares and promise to keep him safe in Montreal.

Considering that ive seen stories today about brisebois being at the gp and another about pacioretty being at the gp but nothing on tavares and weber im calling fake news here.  Tavares and weber being at this.event would have the local and national media talking... not just some random on reddit.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Best detail in that was Michel Therrien possibly to the Islanders.

Therrien's teams usually do really well until his hardass routine gets old to the players and they start to tune him out. NYI could do a lot worse than add Therrien's super-structured approach for 2 seasons if they have other coaching targets in mind next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Therrien's teams usually do really well until his hardass routine gets old to the players and they start to tune him out. NYI could do a lot worse than add Therrien's super-structured approach for 2 seasons if they have other coaching targets in mind next year.

You have to think Vigneault is in their sights

28 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Well that's O.E.Larsson off the board. Was really hoping Montreal went after him for that top LD spot beside Weber.

There was pretty much zero chance he was leaving Arizona but the Canadian media was treating him like a potential UFA.

Bob McKenzie estimates Jack Johnson will get a $6 million salary this summer, and that Montreal is interested.

So assuming this isn't a practical joke, either Bob McKenzie or Marc Bergevin is actually stupid.

• Like 1

Not much of an insider, but Paul Bissonette said on the Spittin Chiclets podcast that the Habs are in on Lucic, and Edmonton will retain half the salary and include an incentive (like a draft pick.)

I don't see how it's worth it for Edmonton to put 3 million of dead space on their cap for 5 years, but if they want to pay us a draft pick to have Lucic play for Julien at 3 million a year, I'm not hating it.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Bob McKenzie estimates Jack Johnson will get a $6 million salary this summer, and that Montreal is interested.

So assuming this isn't a practical joke, either Bob McKenzie or Marc Bergevin is actually stupid.

I know which one of the options I'm betting on. 

14 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

There was pretty much zero chance he was leaving Arizona but the Canadian media was treating him like a potential UFA.

We all thought P.K wasn't going anywhere after signing that 7 year deal and look what happened. No one ever thought 99 would get traded  but he did.

Never say never in the NHL.

3 minutes ago, Metallica said:

We all thought P.K wasn't going anywhere after signing that 7 year deal and look what happened. No one ever thought 99 would get traded  but he did.

Never say never in the NHL.

Both stupid decisions. Never underestimate stupid?

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Isn't Jack Johnson too old for what the CH needs?!

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Not much of an insider, but Paul Bissonette said on the Spittin Chiclets podcast that the Habs are in on Lucic, and Edmonton will retain half the salary and include an incentive (like a draft pick.)

I don't see how it's worth it for Edmonton to put 3 million of dead space on their cap for 5 years, but if they want to pay us a draft pick to have Lucic play for Julien at 3 million a year, I'm not hating it.

I have a feeling that the Oilers are willing to do this because of Lucic's NMC.  With an expansion draft coming in the near future, he would have to be protected.  I'm sure they would rather protected one of their younger more useful players than him.  It's for this very reason why I'm hoping that the Habs do not acquire him.  Otherwise, Lucic at $3M per year with the Habs would be OK in my books.  If Lucic were to agree to remove his NMC from his contract or at least come to an agreement (preferably contractual) that he will waive it for any expansion drafts (two things that he will not do) I would also be OK with this move.

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Both stupid decisions. Never underestimate stupid?

GMs make stupid decisions all the time. Especially ours.

Jack Johnson had 11 points last year and hasn't topped 23 for four years. I know points aren't everything, but can anyone explain to me how ANY GM could throw 6 mil at a 15-point defender? WTF?

Lucic, Johnson...these rumours are really depressing, further reinforcing the idea that our GM still thinks it's 2010.

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

When you need 2 top 4 dmen, and 2 top C, you start to reach. 

See Alzner and the Drouin stupid center experiment

Yeah, but that's how you get locked into a vortex of desperation: shitty contract begetting shitty contract, bad UFA signing begetting more bad UFA signings, players put into untenable positions leading to other players being equally misused, etc., etc..

If MB's idea of recovering from 2017-18 is making still more dumbass moves to try to save himself in the short run, then this organization will be in deep trouble for years to come. And that was always the danger in not firing him - that he would start to get desperate and therefore even stupider than usual.

43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Lucic, Johnson...these rumours are really depressing, further reinforcing the idea that our GM still thinks it's 2010.

I prefer the Pacioretty/Hanifin rumors.  At least that’s a player we could use.

• Upvote 1