Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

GMs make stupid decisions all the time. Especially ours.

Jack Johnson had 11 points last year and hasn't topped 23 for four years. I know points aren't everything, but can anyone explain to me how ANY GM could throw 6 mil at a 15-point defender? WTF?

Lucic, Johnson...these rumours are really depressing, further reinforcing the idea that our GM still thinks it's 2010.

Well Burke threw $7m at 30 point pylon  phaneuf and I think MB makes Burke look like a rhode scholar,

• Like 1

Yeah, but that's how you get locked into a vortex of desperation: shitty contract begetting shitty contract, bad UFA signing begetting more bad UFA signings, players put into untenable positions leading to other players being equally misused, etc., etc..

If MB's idea of recovering from 2017-18 is making still more dumbass moves to try to save himself in the short run, then this organization will be in deep trouble for years to come. And that was always the danger in not firing him - that he would start to get desperate and therefore even stupider than usual.

Its true. I highly doubt Bergevin is focused on what this team is going to look like in 3-5 years. 

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

Its true. I highly doubt Bergevin is focused on what this team is going to look like in 3-5 years. 

And yet he’s the one focused on keeping the 3rd overall pick. 

14 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

And yet he’s the one focused on keeping the 3rd overall pick. 

Rarely do you see a top 3 pick traded for immediate help. 

I'm talking trades involving guys like jack Johnson. His name and Montreal should be nowhere near each other. 

3 hours ago, DON said:

What a pity Doug Hamilton is a RD. He would definitely be a trade target for the Habs otherwise.

What a pity Doug Hamilton is a RD. He would definitely be a trade target for the Habs otherwise.

Yup, Weber, Petry and Hamilton would be good threesome to have, if one could play left side. (Petry managed 42pts last year, didn't know he did that well)

On 6/14/2018 at 11:24 AM, Metallica said:

I feel better now that the lucic rumor is on EK. Now i know he isn't coming here 

Want to reconsider that notion now?  There is NO LIMIT to MB's stupidity...clearly!

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Want to reconsider that notion now?  There is NO LIMIT to MB's stupidity...clearly!

It's remarkable. He must be suffering from long-term brain damage from a multitude of undiagnosed concussions from his playing days. That's pretty much the only rational explanation. That, or he's secretly on the Bruins' payroll, part of a diabolical scheme to cripple the Habs for a generation. 

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's remarkable. He must be suffering from long-term brain damage from a multitude of undiagnosed concussions from his playing days. That's pretty much the only rational explanation. That, or he's secretly on the Bruins' payroll, part of a diabolical scheme to cripple the Habs for a generation. 

I think the average 12 year old Playstation GM would make better trades...not even joking.

• Upvote 1

Eric Engels says all he is hearing now is Habs want Kotkaniemni and no longer Zadina or Tkchuck.

How his sources are, gotta be better than the questions he poses to Hab players. 

25 minutes ago, DON said:

Eric Engels says all he is hearing now is Habs want Kotkaniemni and no longer Zadina or Tkchuck.

How his sources are, gotta be better than the questions he poses to Hab players. 

I usually don't trust Engels' rumours, but if this is true: I can see the other half of the Domi trade happening with Arozona and Montreal swapping Draft picks and the CH getting a LD

55 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I usually don't trust Engels' rumours, but if this is true: I can see the other half of the Domi trade happening with Arozona and Montreal swapping Draft picks and the CH getting a LD

Yes, I agree that will happen if MTL is deadset on taking Kotkaniemi.  No use taking him at 3rd when you can trade down and grab another asset and still get your guy at 5.

6 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

Yes, I agree that will happen if MTL is deadset on taking Kotkaniemi.  No use taking him at 3rd when you can trade down and grab another asset and still get your guy at 5.

Easier said than done though.  Suppose Arizona wants Hughes (that's who I have them picking in my own mock) - why would they trade up?  Let the Habs take Kotkaniemi at 3, Ottawa gets Zadina/Tkachuk at 4 and they get their guy without giving up any other assets.

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Easier said than done though.  Suppose Arizona wants Hughes - why would they trade up?  Let the Habs take Kotkaniemi at 3, Ottawa gets Zadina/Tkachuk at 4 and they get their guy without giving up any other assets.

True.  My scenario only works if ARI want Zadina or Tkachuk - they do the trade to grab their guy (eg. Zadina).  Then OTT takes the other (Tkachuk).

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Easier said than done though.  Suppose Arizona wants Hughes (that's who I have them picking in my own mock) - why would they trade up?  Let the Habs take Kotkaniemi at 3, Ottawa gets Zadina/Tkachuk at 4 and they get their guy without giving up any other assets.

Yes, it only works if Arizona wants to trade up and it will favour the Canadiens if Ottawa doesn't pick Kotkanirmi 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Yes, it only works if Arizona wants to trade up and it will favour the Canadiens if Ottawa doesn't pick Kotkanirmi 

Or - if the Habs threaten to trade the pick to another team - that way Arizona trades for 3rd OA to make sure they get Hughes instead of another team swooping in and picking him up (or the Habs picking Hughes to trade him right after making the pick)