Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Thats a bad deal for the Habs. 

I'm not doing 3 for O'Reilly in any way, shape, or form. 

If you want a centre that bad just draft Kotkaniemi.  Sure he won't be ready next year, but he's got such a higher ceiling (and ELC years). 

You are correct, good sir. The 3rd + Patches is just too much. What worries me is that Buffalo is going to die on that hill...which would be too bad, because ROR, while no superstar, is just what the doctor ordered for this organization. I hope MB can talk them down to a 2nd-rounder instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You are correct, good sir. The 3rd + Patches is just too much. What worries me is that Buffalo is going to die on that hill...which would be too bad, because ROR, while no superstar, is just what the doctor ordered for this organization. I hope MB can talk them down to a 2nd-rounder instead.

Hell, I’d say just the 3rd alone is too much.  Unless we are getting Draisaitl back, no way I love the #3.

unfortunately MB is locked into the core of Weber and Price. But if we were to put a package together for one of them, or potentially even both, I think we could get the centre we need to actually build a lasting contender.

price+Weber+2nd from Washington for

Draisaitl+Klefbom+Edmonton’s 1st+Talbot

20 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Hell, I’d say just the 3rd alone is too much.  Unless we are getting Draisaitl back, no way I love the #3.

unfortunately MB is locked into the core of Weber and Price. But if we were to put a package together for one of them, or potentially even both, I think we could get the centre we need to actually build a lasting contender.

price+Weber+2nd from Washington for

Draisaitl+Klefbom+Edmonton’s 1st+Talbot

We’d need to add our 3rd overall to make that even possible, unless Chiarwlli completely loses him mind 

McGuire said he knows that Habs are in on acquiring O'Reilly; but, he said Sabres unlikely interested in Pacioretty. Sounds scary to me that they might give up 3rd pick and pay him $7.5/yr as a #2 centre.

Other tidbit was that more than one team asked him about and seem interested in Philip Danault.

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-which-teams-would-be-interested-in-ryan-oreilly-which-teams-looking-to-trade-at-the-draft/2018/06/21/

Edited by DON
add labrun bit

I’ve been thinking about trade proposals involving Danault the past few days, such as one that I came up with involving King’s prospect/3rd line center Kempe coming back the other way. The problem is that right now he’s the only legitimate “pure” center we have who is capable of playing in the top 6. If we trade him, it should be for a center but we lose one going the other way as well. 

Very strange to lose Danault when he is pretty much the only NHL-quality natural C in the entire organization. Even if we get a legit top-6 C back, it bumps the hole at C further down in the lineup. That is, admittedly, an improvement, but still kind of puzzling.

Why does it seems as though teams have no interest in our best players? Galy, Patches...these guys seem to evoke zero enthusiasm, or so we're told.

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Very strange to lose Danault when he is pretty much the only NHL-quality nature C in the entire organization. Even if we get a legit top-6 C back, it bumps the hole at C further down in the lineup. That is, admittedly, an improvement, but still kind of puzzling.

Why does it seems as though teams have no interest in our best players? Galy, Patches...these guys seem to evoke zero enthusiasm, or so we're told.

Puzzling you say..... I guess it fits right in then with this management way of doing things ?

32 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Very strange to lose Danault when he is pretty much the only NHL-quality natural C in the entire organization. Even if we get a legit top-6 C back, it bumps the hole at C further down in the lineup. That is, admittedly, an improvement, but still kind of puzzling.

My reasoning for being alright with Danault being dealt is a bad one. I’m tired of seeing him in the top 6. I admit it’s not the greatest reason nor do I think the team will actually move him. 

The ONLY way I move 3rd for ROR is if they eat some cap. And I'd want their 1st in 2019.

My friend at work was telling me about some second part of the Chucky/Domi trade involving 5th overall. Did anyone hear anything along those lines?

O’Reilly for Pacioretty = bad trade by Buffalo

O’Reilly + 31st for 3rd = bad trade by Montreal

O’Reilly for Pacioretty & 2nd = bad trade by Buffalo 

19 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

O’Reilly for Pacioretty = bad trade by Buffalo

O’Reilly + 31st for 3rd = bad trade by Montreal

O’Reilly for Pacioretty & 2nd = bad trade by Buffalo 

O'Reilly and Ristolainen for 3 + makes a little more sense.. Add a young right handed D man to play on the 2nd pair. 

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I didn't hear the interview so I can't vouch for the accuracy but a few comments about this have popped up on Twitter:

Ok...so let the speculation begin, who might we be getting back? The rights to Luc Robitaille?

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

And then this just popped up:

Doesn't make sense away he isn't a UFA so there's no need to rush an extension for Pacioretty. I can see at the deadline if a team trys to trade for him they try and work out a extension. The team that trades for him now Will have a full year of him so no need for a extension.