Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

2 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

My reasoning for being alright with Danault being dealt is a bad one. I’m tired of seeing him in the top 6. I admit it’s not the greatest reason nor do I think the team will actually move him. 

Don't think Habs have plans on trading him, just that couple teams were asking McGuire about him. He said teams seem to be interested in the Bonino-Eller type 3rd line centres.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

I didn't hear the interview so I can't vouch for the accuracy but a few comments about this have popped up on Twitter:

Dubé is adamant that Pacioretty won't play for Montreal this season. 

He's definitely making the lead up to the draft a lot more tense.

36 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Pacioretty for Kopitar?

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

I heard the same thing...I heard that the player coming back would be Tiffoli....

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

i read Muzzin for what its worth

Muzzin makes sense but I’m not believing any of these rumors. The more people (fans/media) talk about it, however, the more Pacioretty may simply have to be dealt, once again for non-hockey related reasons. 

8 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Muzzin makes sense but I’m not believing any of these rumors. The more people (fans/media) talk about it, however, the more Pacioretty may simply have to be dealt, once again for non-hockey related reasons. 

There are good hockey reasons to trade Patches.

22 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

There are good hockey reasons to trade Patches.

Yes, but there have been hockey reasons to trade him for some time now and Bergevin still hasn’t. Meaning he may just want to keep him. If Pacioretty is on the rumor mill forever, it’s going to eventually get to his head. 

26 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Yes, but there have been hockey reasons to trade him for some time now and Bergevin still hasn’t. Meaning he may just want to keep him. If Pacioretty is on the rumor mill forever, it’s going to eventually get to his head. 

Well with Pacioretty you kind of have the perfect storm. His going to be a UFA at season end. He is going to get more money. He is coming off his worst season as a pro, and the team had there worst season. Plus he is the team captain. Plus he is the teams best trading chip. All this rolled up gives the media reason to talk trade and spark rumors.

After Pacioretty gets traded price becomes the new whipping boy for trade talk and rumors.

9 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Rumour is now 3rd for 31st and ROR. I'm sure that's from Buffalo because if Montreal offered it Sabres would have said yes already.

Buffalo wants a deal done before his bonus kicks in. If done after, they want more because they had to pay the bonus. 

I can see this happening.  Bergevin is desperate.

39 minutes ago, John B said:

I can see this happening.  Bergevin is desperate.

If he did that trade he should be fired.

Drafts galchenyuk trades him for a winger.

Drafts Mccaron - wasted pick for at best at best a 4th liner.

Drafts Sergechev trades for a winger.

If he now has another #3 and moves it for a 2nd line centre it is utter stupidity?  That would be 4 of wasted #1 picks either wasted from poor development, lousy choices or epicly stupid trades.  All this from a guy who said you need to build through the draft!!!  Honestly, i don't know who i hate more, this dumb moron who piece by piece is destroying any chance this team has to get to respectability, or the dumber owner who hasn't fired him yet!!!

We have become the laughing stock of the NHL.  On my way to the office int he morning, doesn't matter if i listen to team 960 in Calgary, or NHL radio, everyone thinks the guy is an idiot.  The only saving grace for Bergevin has been the epic soap opera in Ottawa to deflect some of the attention away from Bergen's stupidity.

9 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

The reasons for trading Pacioretty are almost 100% hockey related

Too bad the draft is before the UFA window.

Cuz if we EVER land Tavares,  I don't want to move Pacs.  I want them to play together.

24 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Cuz if we EVER land Tavares,  I don't want to move Pacs.  I want them to play together.

I agree but wont be able to afford them both next year.

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

Same here. I like Pacioretty.

For all the hate he gets, he has been a consistent goal scorer for years more than Galchenyuk was (as an example of someone who most didn't want traded)

But if we move him, it had to be for a Muzzin, Kleform or 1st-round-pick&NHL-prospects

othetwise, it just doesn't make sense for hockey reasons

9 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Same here. I like Pacioretty.

For all the hate he gets, he has been a consistent goal scorer for years more than Galchenyuk was (as an example of someone who most didn't want traded)

But if we move him, it had to be for a Muzzin, Kleform or 1st-round-pick&NHL-prospects

othetwise, it just doesn't make sense for hockey reasons

I like Pacioretty too as a player.

But if we trade him for a quality top-6 C, that axiomatically makes sense in hockey terms. So would trading him for a top-pairing offensive LD.

He is also about to demand a massive long-term contract just as he exits his prime. On a team that has absolutely zero chance of contending for the Cup within the next three years, that's a questionable investment. He has much more value to a team that imagines contending within that window than he does to us.

Since the only area where this team is any good at all is at the W (and G, of course), the only obvious way to fix the many ridiculous holes is to move a W. Having pointlessly traded Galy for a W, MB is down to Patches or Gallagher as moveable assets to fix the holes.

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I like Pacioretty too as a player.

But if we trade him for a quality top-6 C, that axiomatically makes sense in hockey terms. So would trading him for a top-pairing offensive LD.

He is also about to demand a massive long-term contract just as he exits his prime. On a team that has absolutely zero chance of contending for the Cup within the next three years, that's a questionable investment. He has much more value to a team that imagines contending within that window than he does to us.

My preference is to trade for an elite LD

I do not think he would fetch a 1C without also giving one of the Canadiens assets. Tht's why I do not want to go there

I much rader trade Price if we are going for a rebuild 

Edited by alfredoh2009
Typos

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

My preference is to trade for an elite LD

I do not think he would fetch a 1C without also giving one of the Canadiens assets. Tht's why I do not want to go there

I much rader trade Price if we are going for a rebuild 

If we were going to do a full rebuild I would not only trade Pacioretty but I would also trade Weber, Price and Gallagher. Give these guys a chance to win a cup elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, Metallica said:

If we were going to do a full rebuild I would not only trade Pacioretty but I would also trade Weber, Price and Gallagher. Give these guys a chance to win a cup elsewhere.

There's no point in discussing a full rebuild. First, there is zero reason to believe that the Habs have any interest in this option. Second, MB is the last human being on earth who should be entrusted with a rebuild. His regime has an absolutely atrocious record of dealing with elite young talent.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Metallica said:

A rebuild is meant to improve the team, not to pander to the player's wishes

I would keep my goal scorers under contract, and have at least an elite 1st pairing D. But would trade Price and expensive contracts 

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

There's no point in discussing a full rebuild. First, there is zero reason to believe that the Habs have any interest in this option. Second, MB is the last human being on earth who should be entrusted with a rebuild. His regime has an absolutely atrocious record of dealing with elite young talent.

Ok

but I was just replying whom I would trade before trading Pacioretty, again for hockey reasons

46 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I've said it all along that they should be rebuilding.

There is so many holes on this team, it's impossible to create a bona fide contender at this point. 

The ages of certain core players and some of the young prospects like Poehling or ikonen is too far apart. 

The problem is that Bergevin and company are too deep into this shit hole. So they're basically taking one more shot with numb nuts at the helm to pull a rabbit out of their ass and sneak into the playoffs....Even though this division will probably be tougher than ever this season. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

The reasons for trading Pacioretty are almost 100% hockey related

I’m being misunderstood. I don’t agree with everyone that Pacioretty needs to be traded, and I didn’t agree last trade deadline when everyone and their cousin knew Pacioretty would get moved.

This cycle has continued and Pacioretty still hasn’t been moved. Eventually, if Pacioretty is still on the team and fans and media keep clamoring for him to be dealt, it’s going to get to his head. If it comes down to that, it will be best to move him simply because of the circus surrounding his name.

Everyone else sees the smart move being to trade him and yet everyone has been disappointed with other Bergevin moves as of late. Why didn’t we trade Galchenyuk for a center or a LD if it’s so guaranteed that Pacioretty will be traded for the perfect pieces of our puzzle?

If this keeps up, I will eventually agree that Pacioretty should be moved, but once again it will be because of the circus act that follows him around, in addition to the fact that he’s an expiring contract. 

• Upvote 1