Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

12 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

If this keeps up, I will eventually agree that Pacioretty should be moved, but once again it will be because of the circus act that follows him around, in addition to the fact that he’s an expiring contract. 

I agree 100%

if we trade him, we will miss him like Leclaire , Recchi, etc

5 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I’m being misunderstood. I don’t agree with everyone that Pacioretty needs to be traded, and I didn’t agree last trade deadline when everyone and their cousin knew Pacioretty would get moved.

This cycle has continued and Pacioretty still hasn’t been moved. Eventually, if Pacioretty is still on the team and fans and media keep clamoring for him to be dealt, it’s going to get to his head. If it comes down to that, it will be best to move him simply because of the circus surrounding his name.

Everyone else sees the smart move being to trade him and yet everyone has been disappointed with other Bergevin moves as of late. Why didn’t we trade Galchenyuk for a center or a LD if it’s so guaranteed that Pacioretty will be traded for the perfect pieces of our puzzle?

If this keeps up, I will eventually agree that Pacioretty should be moved, but once again it will be because of the circus act that follows him around, in addition to the fact that he’s an expiring contract. 

You're 100% right that the 'circus' factor will probably lead to him leaving Montreal one way or the other.

The answer to the boldfaced question is that we have a GM who is a proven idiot. He thinks getting rid of players he personally dislikes constitutes improvement of the hockey team.

Now, if we think he's a proven idiot, how can we simultaneously demand that he trade Pacioretty? Good question.

The choice would seem to be between 

-arguing in favour of hockey moves that make sense, even though we know MB can't be trusted to do them, OR

-arguing against making ANY major moves because MB can't be trusted to make sensible moves.

I can certainly see the logic of saying "be careful what you wish for when it comes to Bergevin." It's true, he could well turn around and trade Patches for Lucic or something. But the point of a message board is partly to talk about what we think the Habs should do. Looked at from a rational point of view - not Bergevin's, but that of a human who knows what they're doing - trading Pacioretty for a C or LD makes a lot of sense as is probably what teams with competent leadership would have already done by now. That's the point we're making.

That said, one question that we probably haven't considered systematically enough is: what exactly is Max Pacioretty's trade value? Is it realistic to think we could get a #1A C for him, or a #2 d-man? Obviously, people like me assume that this is realistic. But if it's not, then what IS a realistic return?

• Upvote 1

I still think you are looking at an unproven, possible #1C. 

Like for example, if the LA rumour is true (and its dubious, I know), I would ask for Villardi. 

or I would ask for Kale Clague (puck moving LHD) + 2019 2nd 

• Upvote 1

I don't believe it is realistic at all to get a 1C for Pacioretty. Nor has it been for a while. Now, the exception to this could be a guy like Ryan O'Reilly, who has an attitude problem, is very unhappy in Buffalo, Buffalo wants to move him before his bonus, and he has multiple years left at more than he deserves as a guy on par with what we saw for years with Plekanec. Buffalo also has their franchise centre in Eichel and a young guy with potential like Reinhart. So he's expendable for them.

Otherwise his value is in futures.

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I don't believe it is realistic at all to get a 1C for Pacioretty. Nor has it been for a while. Now, the exception to this could be a guy like Ryan O'Reilly, who has an attitude problem, is very unhappy in Buffalo, Buffalo wants to move him before his bonus, and he has multiple years left at more than he deserves as a guy on par with what we saw for years with Plekanec. Buffalo also has their franchise centre in Eichel and a young guy with potential like Reinhart. So he's expendable for them.

Otherwise his value is in futures.

They're trying to trade O'Reilly before they have to pay his bonuses. 

6 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Just pointing out the facts ?

Me: Now, the exception to this could be a guy like Ryan O'Reilly, who has an attitude problem, is very unhappy in Buffalo, Buffalo wants to move him before his bonus, and he has multiple years left at more than he deserves as a guy on par with what we saw for years with Plekanec.

You: They're trying to trade O'Reilly before they have to pay his bonuses

5 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Me: Now, the exception to this could be a guy like Ryan O'Reilly, who has an attitude problem, is very unhappy in Buffalo, Buffalo wants to move him before his bonus, and he has multiple years left at more than he deserves as a guy on par with what we saw for years with Plekanec.

You: They're trying to trade O'Reilly before they have to pay his bonuses

Yeah I pointed out your facts better then you and in less words lol

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

jimmy murphy is a hack

To ba fair, you said Grant McCagg is a hack and his draft rankings were pretty accurate.  He was the first person to predict Kotkaniemi to the Habs with the #3 pick.  Just sayin’. :)

3 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

To ba fair, you said Grant McCagg is a hack and his draft rankings were pretty accurate.  He was the first person to predict Kotkaniemi to the Habs with the #3 pick.  Just sayin’. :)

A guy on HFBoards predicted Zadina to Detroit one year ago.

Guess we should call him an insider?

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

A guy on HFBoards predicted Zadina to Detroit one year ago.

Guess we should call him an insider?

YES! Some people are just born with it! 

yeah i'll show myself out...

tenor.gif?itemid=11617693

12 hours ago, JGC21 said:

And...

1 year after launching his site, he's shutting it down.

• Upvote 1

From Pierre LeBrun at The Athletic (paywall), the Habs had interest in Carolina centre Victor Rask but balked at the asking price of two of their second-rounders (including 35).  Rask is coming off of a down year where he posted just 31 points but had put up 48 and 45 the previous two seasons.  He has four years left on his deal at a $4 million cap hit.

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

From Pierre LeBrun at The Athletic (paywall), the Habs had interest in Carolina centre Victor Rask but balked at the asking price of two of their second-rounders (including 35).  Rask is coming off of a down year where he posted just 31 points but had put up 48 and 45 the previous two seasons.  He has four years left on his deal at a $4 million cap hit.

I would have rather spent two second round picks on Rask than Shaw but I'm glad we didn't do it here.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

More of what we don't need anyway so a good call not shipping them away, Olofsson alone projects the same as Rask anyway, let alone having to sacrafice another pick too. Rask is a fringe top 6 C capable of producing 45 points, we already have Drouin and Danault capable of that, we are looking for top 6 C capable of 55+ points. That's enough with the lateral moves, time to focus on positional upgrades going forward, glad this didn't happen.