Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Any truth to the Sportnet radio claim that Montreal is in big time on De Haan along with atleast 7 other teams? Interest in the LD is mounting and we are apparently at the tip of the spear, which scares me a bit because that is when you end up overpaying.

And from The Athletic (paywall), Jake Muzzin was a name that is believed to have been discussed with the Kings when it came to the Pacioretty deal that may or may not have been nixed by Pacioretty (depending on who you believe as there are about 10 different stories out there): https://theathletic.com/406329/2018/06/24/the-complicated-mess-that-led-max-pacioretty-and-marc-bergevin-to-this-unhappy-point/

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Please, no! Deslauriers is already here! How many wingers does Bergy want!?

8 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

According to @FriedgeHNIC, the #Habs and Pacioretty are kind of upset with each other.

I’ve been totally against the rumors on Pacioretty simply because nothing has come out of them, but at the deadline, the Hockey Night in Canada crew (especially Kypreos) kept alluding to the fact that it’s “common knowledge” that Pacioretty wants out of Montreal.

Since nothing has happened I’ve taken that with a complete grain of salt but the more time passes by and the more often you hear something like that, though Friedman is from

the same crew, the more you have to believe it. 

I still don’t see us trading Pacioretty before the trade deadline, if at all, but if it happens, this is a trade that I will hope we get a great return on. 

I think he moves once things get settled on Tavares, JVR, Neal, etc... someone is going to be holding the bag and need to make a trade. 

Kinda like how we are holding the bag at Centre and might be forced into an O'Reilly deal. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think he moves once things get settled on Tavares, JVR, Neal, etc... someone is going to be holding the bag and need to make a trade. 

Kinda like how we are holding the bag at Centre and might be forced into an O'Reilly deal. 

What do you see as a practical O’Reilly package Montreal could offer now that the 3rd overall is off the table?

4 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

What do you see as a practical O’Reilly package Montreal could offer now that the 3rd overall is off the table?

Unless Buffalo wants Max, it probably starts with Poehling... and add from there. 

17 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Unless Buffalo wants Max, it probably starts with Poehling... and add from there. 

Ouch.

Honestly I hope they don’t do that. Poehling and Kotkaniemi are the future here and should not be touched. 

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Mr. Character and Attitude wants to sign a guy who beat his wife and left her in the hospital. 

Bergevin needs to be fired if this is accurate. 

The weird thing is that anyone that even gets a whiff of off-ice issues gets traded out of Montreal immediately. 

The only time I can think of the Habs taking on a character reclamation in a trade was Kassian, and his rope was short.

Voynov is reentering the league with such a stink... I'm shocked Bergevin and Molson are even entertaining the idea. 

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

The weird thing is that anyone that even gets a whiff of off-ice issues gets traded out of Montreal immediately.  

Well, sounds like it took couple years on the market to deal both Subban and Galchneyuk out of Montreal.

9 minutes ago, DON said:

Well, sounds like it took couple years on the market to deal both Subban and Galchneyuk out of Montreal.

Don't even compare them, not the same situations at all. 

Voynov is so much worse. 

On top of that, how do we know it took years to move Subban?  He was on the market in January and dealt in June, according to most reports. 

Voynov would be nice. 

Right hand shot makes it look less enticing to most though. 

Galchenyuk gets assaulted by his girlfriend and ends up apologizing to the team for being assaulted. Has his character assassinated afterwards and is eventually traded. 

Voynov assaults his girlfriend and flees the country for doing it. Montreal interested.

So what? It’s not like we’d be the only team interested. 

Let’s not mention anything about the fact that the incident happened in 2014 with the couple having had a child together since in 2015 and still remain married. 

I don’t care if we get Voynov but it’s interesting to see the fan base joke about Bergevin and his character and attitude claims and then want him executed once he *may* have interest in a player with character issues and actual skill. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

How much credibility does Lariviere have? I don’t know if I believe him, we are stacked on right D. Doesn’t make any sense.

I mentioned it as well but it’s a mistake to think we’re stacked on right D. There’s a substantial difference between having a far superior right defense corps compared to left d than having a stacked right hand side. Truly having an actually stacked right side, would allow us to carry Mete, Alzner and Schlemko just fine.