Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

6 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

So what? It’s not like we’d be the only team interested. 

Let’s not mention anything about the fact that the incident happened in 2014 with the couple having had a child together since in 2015 and still remaining married. 

I don’t care if we get Voynov but it’s interesting to see the fan base joke about Bergevin and his character and attitude claims and then want him executed once he *may* have interest in a player with character issues and actual skill. 

So it's okay to beat your wife if she stays with you? Gotcha.

• Upvote 1

What it’s not okay to do is to claim that everything we heard is absolutely accurate and then use it to create some attitude and character narrative in relation to the Habs. This is considering his own wife said there were no translators during questioning and that the police already had assumed they knew everything that had happened beforehand. Women stay with their abusers, sure, but the fact that they stayed together, have had a child since, and nothing more has ever transpired between them makes me indifferent to whether or not he becomes a Hab simply because of his past history. 

Voynov’s a great player and whoever signs him will likely have a good player on their team. Not a woman abuser who chug’s Vodka during the intermission. 

• Upvote 1

Slava Voynov pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor count of corporal injury to a spouse Thursday in Los Angeles County Superior Court in Torrance as part of a deal to resolve the case stemming from an incident with his wife last year.

The Kings defenseman was sentenced to serve 90 days in jail — the actual amount is expected to be 45 days or less based on good behavior and other factors — and he will be on probation for three years.

Voynov must also complete a 52-week domestic violence prevention program and perform eight hours of community service, the L.A. County district attorney's office said.

"Mr. Voynov accepts responsibility for his actions the night of the incident and will complete his sentence as required by the court," Voynov's agent Rolland Hedges said in a statement. "Mr. Voynov and his wife believe that ending domestic violence both inside and outside of professional sports must be a high priority."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-slava-voynov-pleads-no-contest-domestic-violence-case-20150702-story.html

He admitted guilt through his agent. Stop trying to create some wiggle room to excuse Bergevin out of another bad decision. Doesn't look good on you.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

So it's okay to beat your wife if she stays with you? Gotcha.

He put her in the hospital.  The guy is a despicable human being. 

I am ashamed of any person who says they want him on their team. 

• Upvote 3

Sometime before Round 2, Montreal went to Max Pacioretty with a trade offer from the Kings. An extension was included. It was time-sensitive, because 2018 draft picks were included. Pacioretty said no, and switched agents to Allan Walsh. Can it be revived? Not sure. I do think the Kings considered adding two scorers, not stopping with Ilya Kovalchuk. But the issue is going to be Pacioretty’s next contract.

I do believe he would like to play in Los Angeles, but would also like to make up for what he left on the table with the Canadiens. LA can’t fit that. Pacioretty is upset and the Canadiens are upset, so even though word was they may keep him now, that’s going to be awkward if it happens. GM Marc Bergevin will revisit this, maybe depending on who misses their target on July 1.

7. There were rumblings Jake Muzzin was part of the Pacioretty trade, but that was denied. The Canadiens are believed to have inquired about Carolina’s Victor Rask.

4 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I do believe he would like to play in Los Angeles, but would also like to make up for what he left on the table with the Canadiens. LA can’t fit that. Pacioretty is upset and the Canadiens are upset, so even though word was they may keep him now, that’s going to be awkward if it happens. GM Marc Bergevin will revisit this, maybe depending on who misses their target on July 1.

Interesting, thanks! I'd speculated before that Patches wants a huge payday to make up for his disaster of a contract. This seems to reinforce that idea.

The stars appear to be aligning for the Habs to be forced to move a surly Patches, his value hampered by onerous contract demands, at a discount. I hope I'm wrong, but this does not seem to be a healthy situation at all.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

On top of that, how do we know it took years to move Subban?  He was on the market in January and dealt in June, according to most reports. 

Bob Mckenzie (I think it was) said were rumours Habs had offered up that ex-hab the draft before he actually went.

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-slava-voynov-pleads-no-contest-domestic-violence-case-20150702-story.html

He admitted guilt through his agent. Stop trying to create some wiggle room to excuse Bergevin out of another bad decision. Doesn't look good on you.

Yeah and you look wonderful around here with all your constant positivity and hopeful attitude in every topic including this one.

I don’t excuse Bergevin for anything but this wouldn’t be a bad decision just because your feelings are hurt about something he did that has nothing to do with hockey. Voynov’s a good hockey player. 

It’s completely besides the point. People laugh about Bergevin and his character and attitude expressions and then they are in awe when he talks to someone who has had character issues. Give me a break.

35 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Yeah and you look wonderful around here with all your constant positivity and hopeful attitude in every topic including this one.

I don’t excuse Bergevin for anything but this wouldn’t be a bad decision just because your feelings are hurt about something he did that has nothing to do with hockey. Voynov’s a good hockey player. 

It’s completely besides the point. People laugh about Bergevin and his character and attitude expressions and then they are in awe when he talks to someone who has had character issues. Give me a break.

If that was your mother that he beat, would you feel the same way? 

You a hit a woman once, you'll do it again. So gutless 

That shit is TERRIBLE for a dressing room, among many other things

• Upvote 2

The same people who are complaining about this situation right here are the same ones who poke fun at the types of player Bergevin acquires due to intangibles instead of skill. We were going to draft Tkachuk just because of "character" and that's just one example. What Voynov did in 2014 was terrible. I'm a good person and I care about the "women and children". With that being said, what he did 4 years ago would not take away the 35-40 points he would be guaranteed to put up with us given a full calendar year. Will we sign him? I completely doubt it. Whoever signs Voynov will still get that 35-40 point defenseman and that in and of itself should be good enough to crack some smiles in the locker room. 

• Like 1

Everyone deserves at least a 2nd chance at life is all I’d say. His wife has given him one, why can’t a hockey team and their fans... im sure the moment he sets up a game winning goal or fires a one timer from the point all will be forgiven.... either way i dont think he’s the answer cause 

A) we need a LD

B) it goes against the very principles MB and co. are trying  to instill at the core 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I'm a good person and I care about the "women and children". With that being said,

With that being said you are perfectly fine with a woman being beaten up if it means 35-40 points for your hockey team. No we get it. 

33 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Everyone deserves at least a 2nd chance at life

He's a multi-millionaire. Nobody is stopping him from playing hockey. He can play in the KHL until he retires.

• Upvote 2

Hey, you support wife beaters... good for you.

I'm not going to support him.  #### him and anyone else who hits a woman.  Gutless puke.

• Upvote 4

If Bergevin is kicking the tiers on Voynov that kind of shows me he is almost desperate. If he's going into July 1st in desperate mode then its scary to think who he's going to over pay for. Being a habs fan in Toronto having to listen to these so called TV analysts and leafs fan laugh at his signings.... Its going to be a long summer.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Hey, you support wife beaters... good for you.

I'm not going to support him.  #### him and anyone else who hits a woman.  Gutless puke.

No one cares if you support him. 

And stop being a drama queen.

• Upvote 2

No one cares if you support him. 

And stop being a drama queen.

There is no context where it is any sort of good idea to allow a shit stain like Voyonov to stink up a sports franchise, much less ours. Who cares about his point totals, and what he can do on the ice, its not all about what happens on the ice. This is a sport, a professional sport, it should hold integrity and project decency by any who practice it, anything less is a poor example to the general public and a direct reflection of the values you live by.

In this case, Character does indeed win over Talent, MB should stick to the f####n program.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Link67 said:

This is a sport, a professional sport, it should hold integrity and project decency by any who practice it, anything less is a poor example to the general public and a direct reflection of the values you live by.

You do know you are talking about the NHL? Where guys will cross check each other from behind into the boards, what was a penalty in the 1st period-isn't a penalty in the 3rd, owners have to hide where injuries are so other players don't crack a stick across their broken hand, wonky knee or fractured ankle, guys like Dale Hunter, Tie Domi, ULf Salmmussson, Cooke, Kromwall etc etc exhibit Neanderthal like tactics, fighting is still allowed, guys accidently-on-purpose run over goalies... 

BUT, I agree and wouldn't touch that Vonov dude with ten foot pole. 

Would you guys take a chance on Duclair if he isn't qualified by the Hawks ?

I know he's not been great at all, but he sure has talent (at least).

9 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Yakapov-like.:P

17 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

No.  He didn't play well in Arizona the last couple of years, didn't play well in Chicago after they traded for him, and there are attitude concerns as well.  He's not going to be good enough to play in the top six and his weaknesses make him too much of a liability to play in the bottom six.  I think going to the KHL would be the best move for him to be honest.

On Voynov

https://theathletic.com/401952/2018/06/21/what-nhl-teams-considering-signing-slava-voynov-should-know/

"Voynov, who went to jail for almost two months after pleading no contest to corporal injury against a spouse," "Those clubs must remember that, according to the police report obtained by The Athletic, Voynov and Varlamova got into an argument that turned physical, and the details are grotesque.  A statement included within that report states that, while attending a team Halloween party, the two began arguing, during which Voynov removed [Varlamova’s] costume glasses and stomped on them in front of the guests. When they continued arguing outside the venue, Voynov “punched her in the left jaw with a closed fist.”

Court documents detail how the fight continued when the two arrived home and the contents are equally grim.  In one motion, filed on behalf of the District Attorney’s office, it states that Voynov “wrapped both of his hands around Ms. Varlamova’s neck and began to squeeze, making it difficult for her to breathe.” Voynov, according to the motion, “continued to choke her while repeatedly pushing her to the floor of the bedroom,” telling her to “get out,” that there would be “no more money for her,” and that she would be “gone.” These clubs should also know that Varlamova’s seven-year-old daughter was reportedly at home at the time of the incident, and apparently, it did not end there.

According to the motion, Voynov then “kicked her five or six times all over her body” and when she attempted to stand he “pushed her down directly into the bottom corner of the flat screen television that was mounted to the bedroom wall.” Varlamova sustained “a head laceration that resulted in severe bleeding” and throughout all of this “she repeatedly screamed for him to stop.”

If the clubs were not previously aware, they should know that the screaming was apparently so loud that a neighbor called emergency dispatchers, fearful of what was taking place. According to the 911 transcripts obtained by The Athletic, the concerned neighbor said she heard 20 minutes worth of screaming and said there were “terrible noises.”

It sounds like a woman is not being treated well,” the neighbor told the dispatcher. In the middle of describing the location of the house to the dispatcher, the neighbor stops to say: “Oh my God. She’s really screaming.

When asked what led to the argument with her husband, Varlamova responded:

“He’s very aggressive every time. He gets tired. He gets aggressive every time.

“And it’s not first time.”

According to the transcript of the police interview, the exchange ended with Varlamova telling the officer:

“Please help me [crying]. Please at first and after this, I speak about all of this. Please help me, please.”

-----

This is the guy we are talking about.  I just want to make this clear.  This isn't a one-time incident, and this isn't a minor little thing, he beat the crap out of her.  

Voynov has no place in the NHL, no place on the Habs IMO.

• Upvote 2