Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

As someone who now works with battered women, the statement of "Any woman with an iota of self-respect would have been gone long ago" is completely wrong. 

Many, many women go back time and time again thinking that their abuser is going to change and it will never happen again.  There is a certain amount of stockholm syndrome that often happens in these cases.  And its not just Hockey players wives where this happens.  I see it every day. 

Nice of someone to downvote me for saying that I work with battered women.

Wow whoever did that is a real asshole

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Here we equate going out past curfew to severly beating a woman to the point that she goes to hospital and Voynov went to prison

Yup same thing

Yup that’s exactly what I said. Congrats on making that clear.

:sarcasm_on:

Nice of someone to downvote me for saying that I work with battered women.

Wow whoever did that is a real asshole

You’re the king of downvoting on this site. No surprise you’re always in the middle of it.

27 minutes ago, Link67 said:

The fourth period is a shitty rumour site that rarely gets things right

Bob McKenzie and Elliotte Friedmann are the two best insiders in hockey, both say he was traded to the Kings pending him agreeing to an extension. 

Hmmmm.... which one should we believe. 

5 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

You’re the king of downvoting on this site. No surprise you’re always in the middle of it.

Whatever, I have no respect for anyone who still supports the idea of signing voynov after reading what he did

Condoning the behavior is almost as bad as participating in it

You can go on my ignore list now

• Upvote 1

I’m actually hoping MB either makes a decent deal for ROR where he doesn’t give up more than Pacioretty, or he completely stiles out on UFA’s like Stasny, otherwise we are going to have a roster full of overpaid old men who aren’t going to be producing anywhere near to their ability and we will be looking at another decade of futility.

if MB strikes out, hopefully he finally gets fired and hopefully we get someone who can turn this sinking ship around. I don’t see how we can possibly be a serious cup contender with anyone on this core given the centres available on the market or through UFA, with what we have to give up in return.  We just don’t have any assets of value other than price, Weber and Gallagher that could be part of a package for a front line centre.  I would have been thrilled at a Trochek for Sergachev trade, but that ship has sailed.

tavares was his last hope at a quick fix. That’s gone. Signing Tavares and Stasny would have made sense, just signing injury prone Stasny is stupidity.

5 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Whatever, I have no respect for anyone who still supports the idea of signing voynov after reading what he did

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The fourth period is a shitty rumour site that rarely gets things right

Bob McKenzie and Elliotte Friedmann are the two best insiders in hockey, both say he was traded to the Kings pending him agreeing to an extension. 

Hmmmm.... which one should we believe. 

I'd go with Bobby Mac any day for reputable info, just pointing out the vast array of reports now seemingly on polar opposite sides of the globe towards this LA trade situation.

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’m actually hoping MB either makes a decent deal for ROR where he doesn’t give up more than Pacioretty, or he completely stiles out on UFA’s like Stasny, otherwise we are going to have a roster full of overpaid old men who aren’t going to be producing anywhere near to their ability and we will be looking at another decade of futility.

if MB strikes out, hopefully he finally gets fired and hopefully we get someone who can turn this sinking ship around. I don’t see how we can possibly be a serious cup contender with anyone on this core given the centres available on the market or through UFA, with what we have to give up in return.  We just don’t have any assets of value other than price, Weber and Gallagher that could be part of a package for a front line centre.  I would have been thrilled at a Trochek for Sergachev trade, but that ship has sailed.

tavares was his last hope at a quick fix. That’s gone. Signing Tavares and Stasny would have made sense, just signing injury prone Stasny is stupidity.

Our forwards are actually quite young

Drouin Domi Lehkonen Scherbak Hudon Danault all under 24

Gallagher 26

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Good job overreacting. It’s alright if you ignore my posts, no one’s opinion other than yours is ever right anyway. I have no respect for you. 

• Upvote 1

Our forwards are actually quite young

Drouin Domi Lehkonen Scherbak Hudon Danault all under 24

Gallagher 26

Which of them is a centre???  Is adding Stasny going to make us a contender?  You can have all the wingers in the worked, but name me a recent cup winner that didn’t have a dominant centre.

In the past we at least had Markov and Subban to move the puck up, who do we have now?? 

3 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Which of them is a centre???  Is adding Stasny going to make us a contender?  You can have all the wingers in the worked, but name me a recent cup winner that didn’t have a dominant centre.

I agree with you but someone on that list can always surprise. I think it’s better to add Stastny and hope that maybe Drouin will get 60 points as a center next year. I know it’s wishful thinking but it’s not entirely out of the realm. The other thing I’m optimistic about is Mete playing well on our left defense this year. Something that I feel people overlook quite a bit. 

46 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I agree with you but someone on that list can always surprise. I think it’s better to add Stastny and hope that maybe Drouin will get 60 points as a center next year. I know it’s wishful thinking but it’s not entirely out of the realm. The other thing I’m optimistic about is Mete playing well on our left defense this year. Something that I feel people overlook quite a bit. 

Hope is not a strategy. And from all I’ve seen from this management team is hope and wishful thinking. 

Brook and fleury and mete look like they can all be solid puckmovers.  Lets see how romanov and harris do this year.

Up the middle you have kotkaniemi, poehling, evans and all the other guys drafted this year.

Help isnt far off which is why i dont mind plekanec... spezza... stop gaps that if things dont go well again you flip for more youth 

This team could be set up well.

I have no faith in bergevin not to mess it up though

What if we make the trade for O'Rielly, then find a way to sign Stasny and De Haan as UFAs

Does that begin to right the ship while we wait for Reinforcements from our youth? I am still on the fence about trying a re-tool to ice a competitive team while we wait for the young promising guys to come in and really help push this thing over.

Or if we just ship anything of value off and start from scratch to hopefully be better off in 5 years, but situations like Edmonton, Buffalo, Pheonix and company scare the crap out of me there. You can go through all that misery and not come out of that cycle for a lot longer than you think.

25 minutes ago, Link67 said:

What if we make the trade for O'Rielly, then find a way to sign Stasny and De Haan as UFAs

Does that begin to right the ship while we wait for Reinforcements from our youth? I am still on the fence about trying a re-tool to ice a competitive team while we wait for the young promising guys to come in and really help push this thing over.

Or if we just ship anything of value off and start from scratch to hopefully be better off in 5 years, but situations like Edmonton, Buffalo, Pheonix and company scare the crap out of me there. You can go through all that misery and not come out of that cycle for a lot longer than you think.

I will take 5 years of complete misery in the basement watching kids with actual superstar potential come here than the current treading water. We have been treading water for so long. Decades now.

98-18

ECF: 2

2nd Round: 5

1st Round: 5

Missed playoffs: 8

Unfair? I should only focus on Bergevin?

13-18

1 ECF

1 Second Round

2 First Round 

2 Missed Playoffs

13th most regular season wins 

18th most regular season losses

19-21 playoff record

Tanking is no guarantee, but it is certainly better than false hope. We haven't selected first overall since 1980. It would be real nice to do it again.

1 hour ago, Link67 said:

The problem with stastny is that he's 32 and he's going to need term to sign

By the time the help is here, his contract is a cap albatross. 

O'Rielly the problem here is how much do you have to deplete the youth to get him?

de haan is 27, i'm fine with him.

44 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The problem with stastny is that he's 32 and he's going to need term to sign

By the time the help is here, his contract is a cap albatross. 

O'Rielly the problem here is how much do you have to deplete the youth to get him?

de haan is 27, i'm fine with him.

Do we need another long term contract on this team?

Price-8 x 10.5mil

Weber - 8 x 7.8mil

Do we really want to see O'Reilly at 5 x 7.5mil added to this group?

I would rather just let Drouin try and be that 2nd line center before put O'Reilly there.

According to EK’s rumour chart (best $19.99 I’ve ever spent) he has the Habs in on Jack Johnson and Calvin De Haan.  I say sign them both.  Then MTL can ice 12 defencemen and 6 forwards.  We is smart.

26 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

According to EK’s rumour chart (best $19.99 I’ve ever spent) he has the Habs in on Jack Johnson and Calvin De Haan.  I say sign them both.  Then MTL can ice 12 defencemen and 6 forwards.  We is smart.

When I feel really really low and need a good laugh, I check out EK site and it always makes me laugh. Now that Johnson and Haan are on there as habs rumors tells me there not coming to Montreal. Because he never gets anything Montreal right.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

When I feel really really low and need a good laugh, I check out EK site and it always makes me laugh. Now that Johnson and Haan are on there as habs rumors tells me there not coming to Montreal. Because he never gets anything Montreal right.

More like he hardly ever gets anything right.

21 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

More like he hardly ever gets anything right.

Pretty much. I got a 37yr ban from Hockeybuzz. Epic rant, might I say. Slightly excessive suspension imo. hehe *why can't you be more like Lloyd!?!

Johnson's speed and tenacity would be quite the compliment to this roster. He hasn't played much center in Tampa over the last few seasons. Im not sure if it's because they have too many centers or if he's better at wing. Le sigh. deHaan is the only UFA dman I see being a great fit with Weber.

If both guys end up in Habs uniforms I'll send Ek an apology.

I actually think spezza is a great idea if you can get a good pick or prospect as well for taking on the contract.  I am really liking brians idea of using cap space to take on short bad contracts and picks/prospects.