Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I still don't see how a younger winger who has 70+ points in all three years of his career, and 80+ last year..... is worth Pacioretty (who has zero 70 point seasons in his career) in a straight up trade. 

That's madness.

Bergevin would be laughed off the phone for proposing it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Let's just say Pacioretty's trade value isn't at its peak right now considering the year he had - that made it go down, not up.  Panarin, meanwhile, left Chicago and excelled which proves that he's not just a 'system' player.  That only helps his value.  Let's look at it this way - one year from now, Panarin's probably looking at upwards of $10 million a year on his next contract.  Pacioretty's getting a raise but his next contract isn't coming close to that.  If they're not close to equal on their next contract a year from now, they're not equal in a trade.

How much does 2:00 on the PK/game vs none on the PK factor in to contracts?

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I still don't see how a younger winger who has 70+ points in all three years of his career, and 80+ last year..... is worth Pacioretty (who has zero 70 point seasons in his career) in a straight up trade. 

That's madness.

Bergevin would be laughed off the phone for proposing it. 

Panarin's last 3 seasons: 88 goals in 243 games

Pacioretty's last 3 seasons: 82 goals in 227 games

They are pretty close to the same level of goal scorer, but Panarin is a much better playmaker. But nah, same value.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Ok, we can all agree to disagree, but the trade value is NOT CLOSE.

It would take multiple pieces plus Pacs to get Panarin. Fact.

Yes but we would also be getting multiple pieces back and not just Panarin. 

I think back to the Saad for Panarin deal with Chicago. It involved some prospects and draft picks going both ways. I think Pacioretty is better than Saad. I also don’t think it makes sense for Montreal to trade Pacioretty and anything else for only Panarin since his contract ends after this season as well. The trade would most likely include two or three players going each way. 

3 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

I don't like Torts, but watch that game and tell me Pacioretty isn't dragging ass out there

I have seen #67 play a game or two before and mailing it in, isn't what he does. He is not a Brett Hull-type.

18 minutes ago, DON said:

I have seen #67 play a game or two before and mailing it in, isn't what he does. He is not a Brett Hull-type.

That's my view too. Last year, for example, he tries being a play maker for a while and he also tried being the energy/puck-hound on his line to contribute otherwise than with scoring (because he wasn't scoring)

It screwed up his game, but he was trying

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not sure where Ouellet would fit in (he's a fringe guy at best) but Rieder could be an interesting fit as a speedy 2nd/3rd liner.  The Habs are pretty deep already on the wings, however.

He could be signed and sent to Laval, like Deslaurier last year.

6 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

He could be signed and sent to Laval, like Deslaurier last year.

How many left-shot d-men do they need in Laval?  They already have six (assuming Valiev/Taormina clear waivers).

As many as they can get:

1) they haven't hired Montreal & Laval D-coaches

2) they need to rebalance, rebuild their D prospect pool

3) we will lose a D or two through waivers

4) with the upcoming expansion draft we will lose a roster player too.

Might as well stockpile LDs

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

As many as they can get:

1) they haven't hired Montreal & Laval D-coaches

2) they need to rebalance, rebuild their D prospect pool

3) we will lose a D or two through waivers

4) with the upcoming expansion draft we will lose a roster player too.

Might as well stockpile LDs

1) I don't think having a D coach or not having one should impact their pursuit of a player.

2) I agree that they need to rebuild their prospect pool but Ouellet is not a prospect - he's a fringe NHL player.

3) They might lose a D on waivers - Taormina will go unclaimed and I think Valiev will as well.  Lernout's (RD) a little iffy - all the more reason to focus on getting a RD (or two...or three), not more LD's.

4) Chances are that Ouellet, if signed, wouldn't still be in the organization by the expansion draft so he wouldn't be a factor for it.  He'd get a one-year deal and then with arbitration eligibility next summer, would probably get non-tendered (as we saw a lot of on Monday).

Simon Despres, another LHD, is also out there asking for an AHL contract to play in Laval

He had a bunch of concussions, went to Europe last year, and wants a path back to the NHL

No word if the Habs are interested

All the Roussel and Rieder talk makes me think there has to be a trade coming soon to clear out some wingers, and if Pacioretty is the one getting traded, we won't be getting a forward back for him. Roussel is a gritty LW, Rieder can play wherever.

There's a serious logjam on the left when you look at either natural left wingers or guys who can play the left side: Pacioretty, Domi, Hudon, Lehkonen, Deslauriers, Drouin, Byron, Danault, and DLR. Drouin can play RW (and supposedly C), Byon can play RW, Danault can play C, and DLR can allegedly play C. 9 guys for four spots.

There's too many bodies before we even get into adding someone. 

14 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

All the Roussel and Rieder talk makes me think there has to be a trade coming soon to clear out some wingers, and if Pacioretty is the one getting traded, we won't be getting a forward back for him. Roussel is a gritty LW, Rieder can play wherever.

There's a serious logjam on the left when you look at either natural left wingers or guys who can play the left side: Pacioretty, Domi, Hudon, Lehkonen, Deslauriers, Drouin, Byron, Danault, and DLR. Drouin can play RW (and supposedly C), Byon can play RW, Danault can play C, and DLR can allegedly play C. 9 guys for four spots.

There's too many bodies before we even get into adding someone. 

Here's a thought,   We keep putting center onto the wing why don't we move winger's onto center. Lets put Pacioretty as our top center? I think I got heat stroke if I am thinking like this.

Domi  - Pacioretty  - Drouin 

Do it, Marc. No Tavares, no other options to get better quickly. Just take the assets for a cap dump and hope that you #LoseForHughes.

Edit: And Hossa is a Blackhawk! Your favourite!

9 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Do it, Marc. No Tavares, no other options to get better quickly. Just take the assets for a cap dump and hope that you #LoseForHughes.

Edit: And Hossa is a Blackhawk! Your favourite!

I'm not a huge fan of the 3 years.

I like the ideas I wrote about.... Spezza, Ennis, Hagelin (1 year deals) or Callahan (2 years)..... by 2020-21 I want to be ready to start competing again. 

Cobourn and Girardi would be another two good ones. 

Matt Moulson is another (1 year, $5 million), but the sabres don't need space. 

Kronwall and Nyquist but the Wings don't need space. 

Lehtera from the Flyers

Mason from the Jets, but we don't have room for goalies. 

2 hours ago, Metallica said:

Here's a thought,   We keep putting center onto the wing why don't we move winger's onto center. Lets put Pacioretty as our top center? I think I got heat stroke if I am thinking like this.

Domi  - Pacioretty  - Drouin 

:lol: Why the hell not? Worth a try anyway