Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Duclair would be fine as a 22 year old project, it fits in a context where you are rebuilding, both age and potential wise, its no Semin or Hemsky signing at least. He just seems to have more chance of being a bust than a pheonix rising from the ashes.

Good. I am even more afraid of Bergevin making a stupid deal than I am at  the prospect of us entering the season with a centre lineup of Drouin, plexs, Danault and dela Rose

TVA Sport reporting Bergevin rumored to have a 2 year 2.75 AAV contract offer on the table for Duclair to ponder, an answer is possible tomorrow.

Also reporting Calvin De Haan is asking for 5 years and 5mill AAV, and that Habs have interest but not on those terms.

17 minutes ago, Link67 said:

TVA Sport reporting Bergevin rumored to have a 2 year 2.75 AAV contract offer on the table for Duclair to ponder, an answer is possible tomorrow.

Also reporting Calvin De Haan is asking for 5 years and 5mill AAV, and that Habs have interest but not on those terms.

And Duclair has to think about that?? Is there a better offer in the KHL?

And thankfully the Habs don't want that guy at 5 mill per over 5. I'd rather give Alzner a raise than commit that much dough to him, no matter how much cap space is available. 

Man these are dark times

4 minutes ago, illWill said:

And Duclair has to think about that?? Is there a better offer in the KHL?

And thankfully the Habs don't want that guy at 5 mill per over 5. I'd rather give Alzner a raise than commit that much dough to him, no matter how much cap space is available. 

Man these are dark times

Personally I think the offer on Duclair, if true, is a little rich for a "Project" player, but ultimately he is 22 years old, has talent, and i'm not opposed to a 2 year trial on a kid from our backyard with connections to some of our core top 6 guys.

De Haan is a good player, a puck mover who rarely makes mistakes throughout a game in his own zone, we would be much better off with his 5 mill than we are with Alzner's 4.6. But that ship has sailed, and now might not be the right time to invest in guys like De Haan, I find myself indifferent on the matter, If we don't grab him, cool, better odds of finishing in the bottom 10, there will be more UFA D around when the time is right. If we grab him, he will still be good in 2 or 3 years when this thing has hopefully turned around, but he will help us not finish as low as we would likely need to this season. 

He hurts the present goal but still helps the future one, so I'm indifferent to what road we take on this one. 

At this point would you shop Weber? Tell teams we will eat the max that we can on his contract if we get a top prospect, a 1st round pick and a young NHL ready player?

19 minutes ago, Metallica said:

At this point would you shop Weber? Tell teams we will eat the max that we can on his contract if we get a top prospect, a 1st round pick and a young NHL ready player?

I am convinced the Oilers would give us so much for him. Chia would have his Chara. He'd give up a ton for that.

31 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I still want Spezza and the Stars first rounder. 

Try and get Heiskanen!

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I am convinced the Oilers would give us so much for him. Chia would have his Chara. He'd give up a ton for that.

Edmonton has about 7mil in cap space but they have to sign Nurse , Strome  and Slepyhev. So Nurse would be the big contract out of the 3. Lets say Nurse gets 4.5mil a year Storm gets 1.5mil  that's 6mil which would leave them 1mil in cap space. So in order to make this work lets say habs eat 3mil of Weber's contract , that would put him at 4.8mil a year which isn't bad. So we would have to take on more money so

To Edmonton 

Weber 

To habs

1st round pick, top prospect and Klefbom 

That would even everything out 

3 hours ago, Metallica said:

Edmonton has about 7mil in cap space but they have to sign Nurse , Strome  and Slepyhev. So Nurse would be the big contract out of the 3. Lets say Nurse gets 4.5mil a year Storm gets 1.5mil  that's 6mil which would leave them 1mil in cap space. So in order to make this work lets say habs eat 3mil of Weber's contract , that would put him at 4.8mil a year which isn't bad. So we would have to take on more money so

To Edmonton 

Weber 

To habs

1st round pick, top prospect and Klefbom 

That would even everything out 

I want Weber traded along with Price, but there is no way we can eat any amount of that contract given the cap hit remaining.  I’d try Gallagher + Weber + Schlemko for Draisaitl+Klefbom+Lucic (if he waives)+Puljujarvi 

Than take Lucic and eat have his contract. We need a proper rebuild. It will take 3 to 4 years at least to be a true contender and by than best case is Price and Weber will be in decline and worst case is that they become anchors.

My plan would be a three team trade.

Contact Edmonton, tell them Weber is available. Tell them that we would take Lucic and flip him to the team he wants to play for. In doing this, we want two first round picks and a prospect. If they don't want help losing Lucic then Weber only costs a first, second, and prospect.

Once we got Lucic we can negotiate with anyone for him. Hurricanes make sense. We would retain cap if the Hurricanes give us a strong draft pick back, otherwise we will move him as a cap dump.

Yes, I believe Chia would give us two first rounders for Weber. He would be looked at as the missing piece for Edmonton.

12 hours ago, Link67 said:

$2.75 million per?  Chicago didn't bother qualifying him at $1.2 million.  That would be an extraordinarily stupid contract to give out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

$2.75 million per?  Chicago didn't bother qualifying him at $1.2 million.  That would be an extraordinarily stupid contract to give out.

$2.75M for two years makes more sense. $1.375M for two years. Maybe he has a few offers and we have to outbid, even if Chicago didn't qualify him at $1.2M.

18 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

$2.75M for two years makes more sense. $1.375M for two years. Maybe he has a few offers and we have to outbid, even if Chicago didn't qualify him at $1.2M.

Still a bad idea but that would be defensible at least, particularly because of the second year.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Still a bad idea but that would be defensible at least, particularly because of the second year.

I'm not against giving him a shot but two years just because he's 22 and had a good rookie year with Domi is dangerous. Can he receive a two way deal?

7 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I'm not against giving him a shot but two years just because he's 22 and had a good rookie year with Domi is dangerous. Can he receive a two way deal?

Anyone can sign a two-way deal.  He'd still need waivers if they wanted to put him in the minors, however.