Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I can deal pretty easily with the 2 year 2.75mill if it is indeed an AAV of 1.375, if it doesn't work out it is easily something you waive and put in Laval anyway.

But 2.75 AAV seems very rich and not a realistic thing for Duclair to expect or Bergevin to offer imo

Exactly, the 2.75 must be the total over the 2 years, equaling 1.375 AAV, it has to right?

Also of note, the article on TVA sport reporting the rumored deal on the table for Duclair has been removed from the front page and is now an article about our continued interest and ongoing talks with Duclair and De Haan by MB.

Not fishy at all.

• Upvote 1

Looks like Danault is looking for top center money even though he is a 3rd line center. His agent is making the point that, that's were the habs are going to play him because hes at the top of the depth chart when it comes to centers.  Could we be seeing then end of Danault as a habs ?

18 minutes ago, Metallica said:

Looks like Danault is looking for top center money even though he is a 3rd line center. His agent is making the point that, that's were the habs are going to play him because hes at the top of the depth chart when it comes to centers.  Could we be seeing then end of Danault as a habs ?

Any source of this, or just making it up?

7 minutes ago, huzer said:

Any source of this, or just making it up?

If you have bleachers report its on there.  Hes looking for 1/2 center type money.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If he's trying to hardball Bergevin that might be why the team already has 13 forwards with Danault, DLR, and Armia RFA. Or maybe just waiting for the right deal. I'm guessing he eventually agrees to something for three years around $3M-$4M.

Or he can package Danault with Pacioretty and see what he can get?

I don't see why we trade danault.  Hes the #2 c on the team now... and he will be the #3 when ready to compete.  Hes 25... not old.

That tweet has no source... and is an unverified account.  Habs will sign danault and the deal will be reasonable.  No reason to chicken little this over that tweet.

Danault already cooked all the pre-existing notions during his golf tournament, wants to be a Hab for life, wants a long term deal that is good for everyone. Fiset then followed that up in his own interview stating Danault really wants to stay here for a long time, thinks they can reach an agreement quickly once MB takes care of the other stuff he had going on.

Nothing screams out he wants 5mill+ here, or that this is going to be some trench warfare type of negotiation. He is likely going to come in on a 5 or 6 year deal paying around 3.75 per year

Kovar is a 28-year-old centre who has spent the last five years in the KHL.  He was one of the top scorers in the league two years ago but struggled last season.  Still, for a team looking to take a flyer on centre help, I wouldn't be shocked if the Habs were among the teams interested.  Walsh and Bergevin certainly seem to work out a lot of contracts for international players too (Sekac, Jerabek, Moravcik, and Sklenicka are all fairly recent examples).

• Like 1

I know Markov is a LD and Weber is RD so it doesn't make sense positionally, but if Molson and Bergevin are looking for a feel-good story after learning that Weber won't be back til December, then getting Markov out of his KHL contract and onto the Habs for a season would definitely work on me. 

1 year, $4 000 000, NTC. He gets to 1000+ games with the Habs, probably moves into the top 15 all-time in points, and if he wants a shot at a cup then he can pick a contender that wants some PP help in the playoffs.

It's a much better ending to his career as a Habs than a contract dispute.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

I know Markov is a LD and Weber is RD so it doesn't make sense positionally, but if Molson and Bergevin are looking for a feel-good story after learning that Weber won't be back til December, then getting Markov out of his KHL contract and onto the Habs for a season would definitely work on me. 

1 year, $4 000 000, NTC. He gets to 1000+ games with the Habs, probably moves into the top 15 all-time in points, and if he wants a shot at a cup then he can pick a contender that wants some PP help in the playoffs.

It's a much better ending to his career as a Habs than a contract dispute.

I would love this.  And for the love of God,  why did the idiot say no mid season? He is a total moron, but geez.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I would love this.  And for the love of God,  why did the idiot say no mid season? He is a total moron, but geez.

I've said before...MB manages by personal ego. It's a major reason why the team is as wretched as it is.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Because they never would have got him?  Assuming the KHL team would have let him out of his contract (despite having no logical reason to do so), Markov would have had to gone through entry waivers where any team could have claimed him for free.  Someone would have claimed him and the Habs still wouldn't have had Markov (and Markov wouldn't have gotten his wish to return to Montreal so neither side would have been happy).  It would have made zero sense for that to have happened.  Conveniently, in his rush to post this to Twitter on Friday, the author of that tweet conveniently neglected all of this. 

If they want to work something out now and the KHL team is open to releasing him from the second year of his deal (a fact that is conveniently neglected in the article that went up yesterday), sure.  There's no entry waivers at this point of the season so why not?  Once the season starts though, it's no longer a feasible option (something that any somewhat-respectable hockey writer already should know).  But hey, it makes for good click bait...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I've said before...MB manages by personal ego. It's a major reason why the team is as wretched as it is.

I was literally going to say the same thing. 

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Because they never would have got him?  Assuming the KHL team would have let him out of his contract (despite having no logical reason to do so), Markov would have had to gone through entry waivers where any team could have claimed him for free.  Someone would have claimed him and the Habs still wouldn't have had Markov (and Markov wouldn't have gotten his wish to return to Montreal so neither side would have been happy).  It would have made zero sense for that to have happened.  Conveniently, in his rush to post this to Twitter on Friday, the author of that tweet conveniently neglected all of this. 

If they want to work something out now and the KHL team is open to releasing him from the second year of his deal (a fact that is conveniently neglected in the article that went up yesterday), sure.  There's no entry waivers at this point of the season so why not?  Once the season starts though, it's no longer a feasible option (something that any somewhat-respectable hockey writer already should know).  But hey, it makes for good click bait...

Seems questionable for sure 

8 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

He had to say no midseason.

No choice on this.

Remember once Markov played one game after the NHL season started.. he would have to clear waivers.  Markov pn a one year deal would never clear.  Bergevin would be handing a defenceman to a competitor

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2018 at 4:15 PM, dlbalr said:

Kovar is a 28-year-old centre who has spent the last five years in the KHL.  He was one of the top scorers in the league two years ago but struggled last season.  Still, for a team looking to take a flyer on centre help, I wouldn't be shocked if the Habs were among the teams interested.  Walsh and Bergevin certainly seem to work out a lot of contracts for international players too (Sekac, Jerabek, Moravcik, and Sklenicka are all fairly recent examples).

We can cross Kovar off the table - he signed a one-year, $2M deal with the Islanders.  I'd have given him that from a Montreal perspective...

35 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

We can cross Kovar off the table - he signed a one-year, $2M deal with the Islanders.  I'd have given him that from a Montreal perspective...

Sportsnet radio saying they have sources claiming Bergevin showed interest early on in this matter but Kovar wasn't interested in coming to a big market as a first destination.

No mention of whether there was an offer made or if we walked away after we got blown off, or if any of it is even true, because you know that seems to be the case 85% of the time.

37 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I must admit I have respect for Lou Lamoriello so that’s a preface to my statement here but I find it somewhat amusing in a sadistic way towards the Habs that after losing Tavares, Lamoriello has gone out and taken a flyer on players like Filpulla and Kovar. Perhaps both will be a bust, but they are low cost options for a team who lacks center depth. Rather than trade Weber or Pacioretty to fill a need, those are the types of signings I would make as GM until the youngsters in Kotkaniemi and Poehling are ready to take the reigns.

I really feel that we should have added a center outside of the obvious Plekanec this off season. I don’t believe Filpulla was a popular signing in New York, and I doubt that he would have been a popular signing here, but with Filpulla and Kovar, one can at least see that Lamoriello attempted to tackle the problem right away.

17 minutes ago, Link67 said:

Sportsnet radio saying they have sources claiming Bergevin showed interest early on in this matter but Kovar wasn't interested in coming to a big market as a first destination.

No mention of whether there was an offer made or if we walked away after we got blown off, or if any of it is even true, because you know that seems to be the case 85% of the time.

Which of the Sportsnet stations were you listening to?