Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

18 minutes ago, DON said:

How many Finns is "too many"?

Wonder what he would cost...or is he simply a bust and not worth much of a risk? 

Pretty sure the Chiarelli had shopped him before he was fired.  Considering a deal was never made with any team, I would guess there trying to a lot for him.  I'd speculate that they would want Mete or another player of that caliber.  Personally I wouldn't trade for him this year.  He's one more season like this away from having Yakupov value (3rd and a minor leaguer).  That's when I would pounce.  Of course, he could turn things around too and be worth more than he now.  It's a gamble either way. 

But, he is only 20 and may do better once away from Oiler shiteshow?

Maybe he is basically a Armia clone, both 6'4" RW RH shots, just one is 20 and other is 25.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

A pity about Hudon, who always seemed like a guy on the cusp of being good. They definitely owe it to him to trade him somewhere that will give him another chance. I have a feeling Europe is where he'll eventually end up, however.

28 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

A pity about Hudon, who always seemed like a guy on the cusp of being good. They definitely owe it to him to trade him somewhere that will give him another chance. I have a feeling Europe is where he'll eventually end up, however.

Pecca and Hudon both looked really solid in their last 3 or 4 games. The Anaheim and Winnipeg games were some of the best 4 line hockey this team has played in years. 

32 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Does MTL owe him?  They gave him tonnes of time to develop properly in the AHL with top line minutes. They give hime ample games last year as well as this year to take hold of a starting spot. he hasn't seized that opportunity. it's not on MTL its on him. HE owes Montreal i would think....

42 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Does MTL owe him?  They gave him tonnes of time to develop properly in the AHL with top line minutes. They give hime ample games last year as well as this year to take hold of a starting spot. he hasn't seized that opportunity. it's not on MTL its on him. HE owes Montreal i would think....

Look, if a team has no room for a young guy who has a reasonable shot at an NHL career, they ought to give him a chance with another organization. I believe that's a longstanding norm in NHL circles. And it makes sense. This is a man's career we're talking about. Decency suggests that you move him along rather than consign him forever to the minors; just because he's not a fit with your group, or your coach, doesn't mean he won't be a fit elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

He had Lefebvre as his coach the whole time... not sure that is how you properly develop anyone. 

im just saying the idea that we owe him isn't  accurate either. We gave him 3 seasons to develop in the AHL "properly" (Levebre or not) and now 1 1/2 seasons of opportunity to take hold of a roster spot. Its his time now to perform and he just hasn't been able to.

And I'm sure MB will end up moving him for another grinder 4th liner or career AHLer... we don't owe him anything though

11 hours ago, Neech said:

I'd still like to see Hudon get a run of games in our lineup before we trade him.  It's not like Deslauriers or Weise are outperforming him.

yes cause we are going to get nothing for him

22 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

We owe him a chance to start afresh elsewhere. He's a human being, not a piece of meat.

I never said he was a piece of meat. I said we don't owe him anything and that is because we don't! He had a chance again last night, DeLauriers spot in the line up is there for the taking, he's to slow, sure he's a big body but for me he's to slow! What did Hudon do last night to warrant another look? NADA 

Every player in the NHL who cant crack their teams line up deserves to be traded to another team for a another chance for a fresh start.

If you've given up on him at 24, then what is the point of keeping him around? Flip him somewhere else and get an asset back. That's the decent thing to do and it also makes sense in terms of asset management. I'm not sure why you're so agitatedly against the idea that giving him a new chance elsewhere is simple decency.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If you've given up on him at 24, then what is the point of keeping him around? Flip him somewhere else and get an asset back. That's the decent thing to do and it also makes sense in terms of asset management. I'm not sure why you're so agitatedly against the idea that giving him a new chance elsewhere is simple decency.

Because he is better player than any forwards in Laval. In case are 3 injuries up front is my guess why Bergy wants a player not a pick for Hudon (assume another needing a  change of scenery.

39 minutes ago, DON said:

Because he is better player than any forwards in Laval. In case are 3 injuries up front is my guess why Bergy wants a player not a pick for Hudon (assume another needing a  change of scenery.

Well, I didn't say give him away for nothing, or immediately and instantaneously do what he wants. But yeah, move him for a comparable player who needs a fresh start. I suspect it's pretty rare to condemn a young player to eternal 'marginal player' status. Usually guys get a shot in a couple of organizations before their fate is sealed.

49 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, I didn't say give him away for nothing, or immediately and instantaneously do what he wants. But yeah, move him for a comparable player who needs a fresh start. I suspect it's pretty rare to condemn a young player to eternal 'marginal player' status. Usually guys get a shot in a couple of organizations before their fate is sealed.

He did have 72 games last year (10g 30pts as a rookie) and 31 this year.

3 hours ago, DON said:

If Hudon goes, I wouldn't be shocked if it's for an older rental player over an underachieving youngster in need of a change of scenery.  Hudon is essentially a rental himself as his arbitration eligibility will make it unlikely he'll be qualified this summer anyway.  

26 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Apparently Habs haven't interest in Duchene. I dont really see how that's possible,  I'm sure Ottawa wants the moon for him. 

You mean, they have an interest? I find that shocking unless they believe they can lock him up. Otherwise, just wait for July 1. Either he or Stone would be great additions.

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You mean, they have an interest? I find that shocking unless they believe they can lock him up. Otherwise, just wait for July 1. Either he or Stone would be great additions.

Lol, yes. This auto-correct drives me insane. 

I was listening to sportsnet panel, Doug Maclean had said don't count the Habs out on Duchene....

July.1 makes way more sense.