Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

18 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

What is going on with him in Guelph? Barely over a point per game 

He may have been playing hurt

or 

He may have taken some time to find chemistry on a new team

Either way its a small sample I wouldn't be worried given his much larger sample in Owen Sound

On 2019-02-22 at 4:21 PM, Habopotamus said:

What is going on with him in Guelph? Barely over a point per game 

A goal and 3 assists tonight so far. Maybe he read your post? 

A potential call up this year TSN guys were speculating on is Poehling coming up close to the end of the year.

This got me thinking we’re does he slot in? Potentially the 4th, 3rd line? Does Kotka move up to second? Does Domi move to the wing?

I don’t think I like the idea of moving Domi to the wing considering he’s doing so well at centre. 

CJ will give him the same treatment as Kotka, playing him with Lehkonen and Armia for defensive purposes. at least for a while. I don't mind the forward combos for next year.

LD is where MB needs to do something

In no particular order

Tatar Domi Suzuki

Drouin Danault Gallagher

Byron Kotka shaw

Lehkonen Poehling Armia 

You could roll 4 lines all night

1 hour ago, Chris said:

CJ will give him the same treatment as Kotka, playing him with Lehkonen and Armia for defensive purposes. at least for a while. I don't mind the forward combos for next year.

LD is where MB needs to do something

In no particular order

Tatar Domi Suzuki

Drouin Danault Gallagher

Byron Kotka shaw

Lehkonen Poehling Armia 

You could roll 4 lines all night

If we get a real sniper in the place of Suzuki I like the look of those lines.

17 hours ago, Neech said:

If we get a real sniper in the place of Suzuki I like the look of those lines.

Who is better than Suzuki and how does that help the only big hole in lineup at LH-d?

• 1 month later...

Jeff Cox (@JeffCoxSports) tweets that Hurricanes RD prospect Adam Fox is returning to Harvard for his senior year instead of signing with the Canes.  He adds, "favors becoming free agent next summer".  I don't know who this Jeff Cox guy is, or if the rumor about him testing free agency is true.  If it is true, Habs should be on this one next summer.  I know they have a lot of depth on RD, but it could allow the team to move RD from the roster or prospect pool to fill a need elsewhere.  Unfortunately, having all that depth on RD could be a deterrent for Fox wanting to sign here. I'm sure the Canes are going to get all kinds of low ball offers for him in the offseason.  It will be interesting to see if the Canes try to move him or gamble that he changes his mind.

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

There were some reports earlier that the Habs were the favourite to sign him but it doesn't appear that that will be the case.

Gotta think not being able to guarantee an NHL game played this year was a factor. 

Had the Habs locked up a spot or been out of the race entirely... might have been a different story.

• 3 weeks later...

Friedman thinks the Habs will make an offer to Duchene if he hits free agency.

If that happens and he signs, do they move Domi to wing after the season he just had? Does someone else get moved for a defenseman?

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

If that happens and he signs, do they move Domi to wing after the season he just had? Does someone else get moved for a defenseman?

I hope not, I would much rather see the cap space used to bolster the top 4 D.

I don't want to be shuffling with anything in regards to Domi when he is coming off a 70 point season, leave him where he was, playing with the guys he was playing with, everyone seemed to benefit there. The forwards provided enough offense, what we are missing first and foremost, is a real steady force on the left side. If that gets done by trade, which is more likely than a signing, then the only forwards we should be going after are ones to fill the void left after a potential trade for a Dman gets made.

But the D is first, you make that move, you allocate cap space towards that move, and then, after that, you can look at forwards if you have indeed created a hole worth filling in the top 9 because of a trade.

42 minutes ago, Link67 said:

I hope not, I would much rather see the cap space used to bolster the top 4 D.

I don't want to be shuffling with anything in regards to Domi when he is coming off a 70 point season, leave him where he was, playing with the guys he was playing with, everyone seemed to benefit there. The forwards provided enough offense, what we are missing first and foremost, is a real steady force on the left side. If that gets done by trade, which is more likely than a signing, then the only forwards we should be going after are ones to fill the void left after a potential trade for a Dman gets made.

But the D is first, you make that move, you allocate cap space towards that move, and then, after that, you can look at forwards if you have indeed created a hole worth filling in the top 9 because of a trade.

I think the habs could use an elite forward. They definitely need a top 4 left defense, but I wouldn't turn my nose up ar duschesne for the right money.  I think they should offer sheet marner 10 million. Marner is awesome. 

42 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I think the habs could use an elite forward. They definitely need a top 4 left defense, but I wouldn't turn my nose up ar duschesne for the right money.  I think they should offer sheet marner 10 million. Marner is awesome. 

Marner ain't going no where, Leafs will match anything, he is, imo, their best forward, has been all year pretty much. If you blow the 8 - 9 mill it would take to get Duchene, you end up doing what you can with what's left for that LD spot. For me its about priorities, I am not saying we couldn't use another talented forward, I am saying this season, I found myself watching this team going "Man we could really use a stud on that top pair" a heck of a lot more than "I wish these forwards would score more".

I simply want that LD hole filled while we have all our resources available, before spending what is left of those resources on a potential forward, not the other way around.

Duchene is not worth 8-9 mil. MB will not be bold enough to put an offer to a restricted player so the only hope is packaging exsiting assets in a trade. It's unfortunate because the team is young and  the first years you will give up will be late pick. 

13 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Duchene has spent a good chunk of time on the wing in his career.  I could see him taking faceoffs and then swapping spots with Domi who would remain the defacto centre on the line then.

11 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Marner will get more than $10 million and given Bergevin's recent comments about not wanting to risk unprotected first rounders in an offer sheet, they won't be going that route (at least for top-end guys).

Duchene has proven over his career that he's not the guy who you want to be your best paid forward.  UFA signings are often fool's gold and I'm leary of committing superstar money to good but not great players.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-02-25 at 10:53 AM, Chris said:

domi

Kotka 

Danault

Poehling should be the 4 centers next year

St cloud should make a deep playoff run

We just resign Thompson and Weal don't see Poehling making the team unless he has a really good preseason. I don't want them to put him back and forth on the wing and at center. Leave him at center and let him develop at center. So our centers next year should look like this 

Danault 

Domi 

Kotkaniemi 

Thompson / Weal 

But its nice to have depth and options at center on this team.