Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

5 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

There goes that..

Surprised MB didn’t come in with a. higher offer than Carolina. 

I'm not.   Probably that  Bergevin was offering something like $12M  for 2 years.

Gardiner has a bit of an anchor contract written all over.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Helmethead said:

There goes that..

Surprised MB didn’t come in with a. higher offer than Carolina. 

How do you know he didn't? Why do people assume the highest offer automatically gets the player?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Habber31 said:

Carolina probably didn't even want Gardiner, but they heard Habs were interested... 

I don't like Gardiner, but that's a really good contract. There has to be some back issues, those numbers make no sense. 

Based on taxes, Montreal would have to offer $500,000 more if Carolina is paying 4.05... could be a factor. Who knows.

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I don't understand the deal. 

Where is Carolina going to play him. 

Do Jake Bean and Haydn Fleury ever get to play. 

Bean in a Hab jersey would be OK.

3 hours ago, DON said:

$4.833m RH d-man 35pts, not a good fit for Habs.

No not for the Habs, I doubt they would want to consider trading with us after the offer sheet.

I figured he would be the guy moved out to make room for some of the youngsters and to help them acquire another forward. 

8 hours ago, Meller93 said:

The word I've heard is Faulk gets moved

That’s what we all heard.... A few posts above yours :)

11 hours ago, Scott462 said:

No not for the Habs, I doubt they would want to consider trading with us after the offer sheet.

I figured he would be the guy moved out to make room for some of the youngsters and to help them acquire another forward. 

never know? man said MB did him a "favor" with the offer sheet

12 minutes ago, ehjay said:

never know? man said MB did him a "favor" with the offer sheet

Sure he said that but I doubt he really meant it. I doubt the owner is too happy paying close to the entire revenue the Carolina Hurricanes might make this year to a single player in the first year of his contract.

Who knows though a smart GM wouldn’t get emotional about it and still look for the best deal available in any event.

• Like 2

*meanwhile at the Defenseman Blackjack table*

Bergevin: "HIT ME"

Julien: "Marc, I have enough guys. You can stop now."

Bergevin: "HIT ME, DAMMIT!"

Julien: "Please stop."

DJ Khaled: "Another one!"

Bergevin: " You're god damn right. Hire this man! And HIT ME."

fin

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

I was hoping Bergevin would target Honka at last year's deadline.

Undersized, but what does that really mean anymore 

Apparently, Carolina is another team that's interested in Honka. Are they just trolling Montreal or....

Can’t have enough depth defensemen.

With the right side being so deep, I don’t really get this from a Habs perspective but if it’s a deal, we all know MB can’t resist a good deal!

1 hour ago, Scott462 said:

Can’t have enough depth defensemen.

With the right side being so deep, I don’t really get this from a Habs perspective but if it’s a deal, we all know MB can’t resist a good deal!

Bottom pair is up for grabs on the right side. Honka is definetly worth a look. It may come at the cost of Brook + though, which I don't like. 

11 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

Bottom pair is up for grabs on the right side. Honka is definetly worth a look. It may come at the cost of Brook + though, which I don't like. 

True, but we have enough depth and prospects to be able to fill it accordingly. 

I’m not against putting in an offer but at this point it would have to be a good deal and certainly not one of our best defensive prospects.

I think the challenge here (same as with Puljujarvi) is that Honka would not clear waivers, so he would need to play with the Habs or not at all.

So would the Habs coaching staff be able to get Honka back on track? I don't think the Finnish connection would help here; it might with Puljujarvi, but Dallas has had Lindell and Heiskanen who are not that much different in age. But would he fit better into the Habs' system?

7 hours ago, Habber31 said:

No chance they are getting a prospect like brook for honka.

I think... one for one hudon for honka.

Honka ans hudon are in very similar situations.  Prospects who flashed talent but ultimately lost faith of coaches, arent nhl regulars, cant go to the ahl without waivers and are regular scratches.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Seems like the Stars would rather a pick than a player:

From what I have read, a 3rd- or 4th-round pick might suffice. I do think we have some of those. But it would make more sense to send over Hudon. Who knows, he might find more success with the Stars.