Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

On the 31 Thoughts podcast, Friedman mentioned he thinks Montreal was closing in on a deal for Alec Martinez before he got injured.

Depending on what they would have had to give up, that makes some sense. 

So does Gostisbehere, who has been scratched a few times in Philly. 

15 hours ago, Commandant said:

Depending on what they would have had to give up, that makes some sense. 

So does Gostisbehere, who has been scratched a few times in Philly. 

The question is why we see Ghost as an upgrade when he keeps getting scratched

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

that's just a reflection of how bad our D is.  A guy that's being scratched on his team is a better option than what we have.

6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Have you seen our LHD?

He'd be a clear upgrade on that.

Plus he is what you would want on that Left Side with Weber, a guy who can skate and move the puck. 

It also assumes that Vigneault is not making any mistakes in scratching him.  Given his performance under previous coaches, i question if Vigneault is getting the most out of him. He's young, so do we think he's washed up or can he get back to what he was before. 

If there is a chance to buy cheap cause he's fallen out of favour with a new coach, that might not be a bad idea. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd make a move for Ghost.  Standing pat is not an option, because it's not just the string of losses...it's the way we have lost most of those games, and the fact that there was an obvious glaring hole in our roster at LD1 even when things were going well.  If the price is somewhat reasonable, I think MB should pull the trigger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

It also assumes that Vigneault is not making any mistakes in scratching him.  Given his performance under previous coaches, i question if Vigneault is getting the most out of him. He's young, so do we think he's washed up or can he get back to what he was before. 

If there is a chance to buy cheap cause he's fallen out of favour with a new coach, that might not be a bad idea. 

He may simply not fit in well with the Flyers' system (I don't know what it is, so this is pure speculation). But, in any case, if we can get him inexpensively, I'd 100% support taking that chance.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Have you seen our LHD?

He'd be a clear upgrade on that.

Plus he is what you would want on that Left Side with Weber, a guy who can skate and move the puck. 

Make total sense to me. I’m just curious to know more...what the issues have been, etc.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Make total sense to me. I’m just curious to know more...what the issues have been, etc.

Previous coach used to play Provorov and Sanheim together.  Sanheim is a natural at LD, but Hakstoll had him at RD with Provorov. 

Now with them split up, they are the top 2 LD. 

Myers has been playing well as a third pairing RD and is a different style of defenceman.  Big, can hit hard, kills penalties. 

They've tried moving Gost to the rhd on the third pair, but its not working. 

• Upvote 1

philly does seem to be a good fit as they are heavier at LD and we at RD.

Montreal did draft a sh*T tonne of LD in the last few drafts.

Norlinder, Struble, Harris, Fairbrother, Romanov, Leskinon etc.

I just think they will continue playing the long game until someone falls into there lap.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/blackhawks/are-canadiens-eyeing-possible-trade-blackhawks

Bergevin being interested in a Hawks player is basically "water is wet" reporting, but I guess it's notable that Habs have been scouting both the Hawks and their AHL affiliate a lot recently. 

So is he going to try and top the Alzner signing by trading for Keith?

11 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

So is he going to try and top the Alzner signing by trading for Keith?

Yup, get Chicago to throw in some picks. Trade Weber and Petry for picks, Alzner and Keith become our no 1 defence pairing . We end up last and draft Lafeniere or Byfield along with other picks. The rebuild is under way!!!

7 hours ago, Trizzak said:

:tumbleweed:

Its tough to make comments about how horrible the team is and how the sky is falling when they win games. 

So instead he makes up strawmen of bad trades that Bergevin could make and then rails against them, cause god forbid that H29 makes a post without ripping the organization.  He has a streak to maintain, 8301 pessimistic posts in a row.  

53 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Its tough to make comments about how horrible the team is and how the sky is falling when they win games. 

So instead he makes up strawmen of bad trades that Bergevin could make and then rails against them, cause god forbid that H29 makes a post without ripping the organization.  He has a streak to maintain, 8301 pessimistic posts in a row.  

Yeah, because MB’s track record has shown that he has never gone out and signed washouts like Alzner, Briere, Streit Pleks and others.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Who can forget Semin

I had forgotten Semin.  Then there is the original  Radulov signing,  a signing no one gave him credit for .  No question MB made some blunders but it seems like the people who criticize MB for any bad signings also criticize him for leaving cap room.  The big question for me is what do we do moving forward or do we continually rehash the past. 

He made a lot of mistakes.  Also some good moves.

Armia for cap space.

Domi for galchenyuk 

Byron for nothing

Tatar suzuki for pacioretty 

Chariot is looking like a good sign

Petry for picks

MB has not filled the ld hole, but he is not inept.

This doesnt mean I like losing and missing the playoffs. Just that he appears to be willing to adapt. As does julien. These are strong traits for a leader. I give him another full season if I'm molson.

• Like 1