Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

59 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I had forgotten Semin.  Then there is the original  Radulov signing,  a signing no one gave him credit for .  No question MB made some blunders but it seems like the people who criticize MB for any bad signings also criticize him for leaving cap room.  The big question for me is what do we do moving forward or do we continually rehash the past. 

I rarely criticize the recent management group for bad signings but always criticize the cap space. I don’t even mind the Alzner signing when I think about it, because we still have cap space we haven’t used. The dollar amount has been irrelevant when one thinks about it. He’s just not a great player. 

The only thing I have to criticize about the Radulov signing is that even at the time of the signing, I would have liked more than 1 year. Of course, we can then get into the debate about whether or not Radulov would have taken it. At that point in time, I don’t see why he wouldn’t have, however. 

5 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I rarely criticize the recent management group for bad signings but always criticize the cap space. I don’t even mind the Alzner signing when I think about it, because we still have cap space we haven’t used. The dollar amount has been irrelevant when one thinks about it. He’s just not a great player. 

The only thing I have to criticize about the Radulov signing is that even at the time of the signing, I would have liked more than 1 year. Of course, we can then get into the debate about whether or not Radulov would have taken it. At that point in time, I don’t see why he wouldn’t have, however. 

No doubt, looking back, it would have been great to sign Radulov for more than one year.  Radulov originally left the NHL with questions about his character and commitment so I think GM's were reluctant at the time to take a big chance with him. He obviously has matured a bit since then.

7 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I wish he could have re signed mid season. 6 for 6 was what I proposed in December when he was a hab. I dont know if they tried early and he just said no thanks I wanna test free agency. 

20 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

He made a lot of mistakes.  Also some good moves.

Armia for cap space.

Domi for galchenyuk 

Byron for nothing

Tatar suzuki for pacioretty 

Chariot is looking like a good sign

Petry for picks

MB has not filled the ld hole, but he is not inept.

This doesnt mean I like losing and missing the playoffs. Just that he appears to be willing to adapt. As does julien. These are strong traits for a leader. I give him another full season if I'm molson.

Agree,  MB's body of work the last couple years has been far far better than the first part of his tenure as GM. That's why I am willing to give him a break as I think he has started to figure it out.  Obviously, still a lot of work to do. 

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Yeah, because MB’s track record has shown that he has never gone out and signed washouts like Alzner, Briere, Streit Pleks and others.

Every GM makes mistakes.

However you always focus on the negative and never give credit for anything positive.  This post is no different.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree,  MB's body of work the last couple years has been far far better than the first part of his tenure as GM. That's why I am willing to give him a break as I think he has started to figure it out.  Obviously, still a lot of work to do. 

Many people like to treat GMs and coaches as if they are static robots who have certain programming and can never change instead of realizing that just like players they adapt and develop throughout their careers 

Im not sure the relevance of a hriere move from years ago.compared to moves today.

Also semin and streit are old moves and both players were 1 year deals under 1 million.  They were no risk signings.  Did they work? No.  But who cares? No damage was done.  Its silly to make these kinds of signings the key part of an argument.  Why not critique sklenicka or some 7th round pick that didnt work? Those are just as relevant.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Like i said, MB is average at best, scouting is average at best, 

If being average and missing the playoffs is what you want, MB is your man 

4 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

He made a lot of mistakes.  Also some good moves.

Armia for cap space.

Domi for galchenyuk 

Byron for nothing

Tatar suzuk and Struble for pacioretty 

Chariot is looking like a good sign

Petry for picks

MB has not filled the ld hole, but he is not inept.

You forgot...

Weber for Subban ;)

Prust for nothing

Malhotra for nothing

Turning Weise into Gold

Danault stolen for nothing

Great deals to pacioretty and Gallagher

Vanek for Coberg

Flynn for nothing

Kulak for nothing

But all we talk about is Briere (free) or signing Subban to a bridge or horrible move for Alzner. F'n please... why must I feel compelled to defend this guy with common sense

Sure let's focus on his swing for the fences/ lightning in a bottle chances on Semin (free) and Hemsky (free) moves which turned out to be mistakes but were of zero risk with the potential for a short term fix! lets talk about bad signings like Alzner but then complain about not doing anything with UFAs etc or RIP Chiarot after a week...

Its stupidity that bleeds into every bloody thread...

In a 12month span  he lost

EMELIN TO expansion

MARKOV TO free agency

Shergachev to try and fix Center

Beaulieu to trade

Has he done enough to address this position since? Shit... 17 players that I can count!

Alzner Streit as ufas

Reilly Benn Schlemko in trades

Mete  Fleury Juulsen as rookies

Jerebek n  Svlenica n  Moracivik overseas

Ouellet Dupris Olaffson  reclamation

Kulak Follin in more trades 

Leskinon overseas

Who am I forgetting?????

We tried for Willy Butcher we tried to get Gardiner, tried to trade for Fowler and God knows who else I'm missing that we tried to sign as A UFA and failed or they tried to trade for that also failed!

We loaded up on draft picks of LD from

Norlinder and Struble to Fairbrother and Harris to Romanov and LeGuerrier.

So yes he has failed to trade suzuki or another major player for the Pietrangelo or Letang or Doughty that's just NOT even freakin available! 

IS gostisbere or Martinez the answer? I dont know. BUT this team should not trade Suzuki for a D is all I know for sure.

Let's see recent trades 

-Hall to NJ for nothing

-Karlsson for a 1st a 2nd and 2 x conditional picks if he signed and 4 mid prospects

-McDonough and Miller for a 1st a 2nd and prospects

Not much!!!!

So what's the Rumour??????,

Suzuki or KK or Domi or Gally to where for who?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Every GM makes mistakes.

However you always focus on the negative and never give credit for anything positive.  This post is no different.

Hab29retired when he hasn't insulted Bergevin for 30 seconds:

x5q34.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DON said:

NO, he hasnt. He was just a healthy scratch in Dallas.

And then came back the following game and achieved 1G, 1A. Including not surprisingly the game winning goal. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

And then came back the following game and achieved 1G, 1A. Including not surprisingly the game winning goal. 

Has nothing to do with being a loose cannon and perhaps scratching him worked.

Looks like habs aren't in the mix for Hall

as per Lavoie 

"Lots of talks about Taylor Hall who’s on the trading block. The @canadiens are not in the mix I’m told, so don’t bet on that possibility. Question is now where he will land and can it be done before the Hollidays trade freeze on December 19 ?"

3 hours ago, DON said:

It has to do with Radulov having potentially matured since his time in Nashville. Because last time he got scratched, he bolted to Russia for 10 years. This time, he came back the next game and scored the game winning goal.

Scratch works = mature player.

6 hours ago, DON said:

The Radulov that came and played for Montreal was a much more mature guy than the one who played for Nashville. I believe the Habs had zero issues with him.  Benn should have been scratched early in the year but it's hard to embarrass your captain.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:53 PM, Trizzak said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/blackhawks/are-canadiens-eyeing-possible-trade-blackhawks

Bergevin being interested in a Hawks player is basically "water is wet" reporting, but I guess it's notable that Habs have been scouting both the Hawks and their AHL affiliate a lot recently. 

I wonder if they're scouting someone in particular in Rockford.  Gustafsson makes sense if the Habs are looking for LD help, but why would they also be scouting Rockford.  Maybe it's a bigger multi player deal or maybe Bergevin is looking at a smaller trade (minor leaguer for minor leaguer type).

The rental LD market

Torey krug (boston wont trade him, id be bidding if he hits ufa)

TJ Brodie (calgary have turned around their season so not sure he'll move.  If he does it would be a hockey trade)

Alec martinez

Gustafsson

Kulikov (winnipeg is back to winning.  Cant see them selling)

Ericsson (hes terrible and not an NHL player)

Greene (jersey will move cheap at 37 heres a hainsey type)

Muzzin (leafs not sellers)

Scandella (sabres would sell but again would have to he a hockey trade.  They need forward depth and have extra D)

Hainsey (the hainsey type)

Dillon (could move if sj doesnt turn it around)

Edmundson (carolina would want a forward, hockey trade)

Bouwmeester (not a selling team)

Daley, forbort, manning, hunwick (they stink)

Holden (if vegas sells thats a hainsey type)

Hutton (i always liked him as a depth option and LA will sell)

Honestly, why do we have Price and Weber on this team, if this is the route Bergevin insists on taking. It's a contradiction 

This gm is such a bum. He sees this team as non-playoff team, and that's perfectly fine, apparently. I cannot believe this guy still has a job. 

10 minutes ago, Habber31 said:

Honestly, why do we have Price and Weber on this team, if this is the route Bergevin insists on taking. It's a contradiction 

This gm is such a bum. He sees this team as non-playoff team, and that's perfectly fine, apparently. I cannot believe this guy still has a job. 

This dude just cannot resist, eh.

Do you get a notification on your phone, everytime Bergevin's name is brought up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habber31 said:

I keep my mouth shut about Bergevin

1 hour ago, Habber31 said:

At least Cucumber and 29 are consistent in their endless dislike of all things Habs related and don't flip flop.

12 hours ago, DON said:

At least Cucumber and 29 are consistent in their endless dislike of all things Habs related and don't flip flop.

I keep my mouth shut until a press release  comes out where our g.m blantly says he's doing nothing. Not sure how thats flip flopping. 

• Upvote 1