Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

That blue chip d would have to be young and under team control for a long time cause thats three pretty big pieces given up in a 1st, mete and poehling.

could that net a Theodore out LVK or a Lindholm out ANA?

I think that would help us gain a step but not burn future but I don't think that 1st round would be for next year's draft tho

5 minutes ago, ehjay said:

could that net a Theodore out LVK or a Lindholm out ANA?

I think that would help us gain a step but not burn future but I don't think that 1st round would be for next year's draft tho

Im a fan of both players.

Lindholm Id do it and i can see why he would make a good target as anaheim needs to rebuild.  Id lottery protect the pick but im fine with giving up this years if we make the playoffs.  Yes i know we host the draft but bergevin also offered a high pick for aho via offersheet 

With all vegas has done lately, i cant see them giving up theodore.  They seem to want to win not sell.  Doubt that changes even with them outside the playoffs right now.  Vegas has to be thinking they need to add a defenceman and a backup goalie and they can make a run.

I had a list written out the other day and potential options that we could have targeted  in the recent past included both Lindholm and Fowler.

I’ll redo a list off the top of my head 

Hamphus Lindholm 

Cam Fowler 

Quinn Hughes 

Oskar Klefbom 

Jack Johnson (yes I know but he is relatively mobile and sometimes you never know) Pittsburgh did choose him

Ben Hutton

Jake Muzzin
Shayne Gostisbehere 

T.J Brodie

Were Lindholm, Fowler or Klefbom even available? If they are available what is the price seeing as no one else traded for them?

Hughes could have been taken over KK and I even ranked Hughes higher.  That said we are at least 4 years away from knowing who was better.  Also if we had Hughes but not KK... wed still be looking for a high end centre.

Hutton or Johnson would be yet another third pair defenceman... This team doesn't need yet another third pair guy, they need a guy to play with Weber.

We could have drafted Hughes. He wasn’t my pick. I wanted Zadina. I’m just saying he technically could be on our blue line and even you wanted him. It does depend how Kotkaniemi pans out when judging that one. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

That blue chip d would have to be young and under team control for a long time cause thats three pretty big pieces given up in a 1st, mete and poehling.

I wouldnt want someone who is 27 for that with like 2 years til ufa.

Id need a guy who is 22 and coming off an elc.

The number of stud 22 year old d who are moved is pretty low. Like almost zero.

I would settle for a 23-24 yo  with a minimum of 3 years of control remaining in hope we can extand him as a RFA or something.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

We could have drafted Hughes. He wasn’t my pick. I wanted Zadina. I’m just saying he technically could be on our blue line and even you wanted him. It does depend how Kotkaniemi pans out when judging that one. 

I didn't want Hughes. Then I read commandments rankings. Then I researched and watched Hughes footage. Then I wanted hughes.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Sorry i meant klefbom 

Hughes vs kk... yes i wanted hughes but then wed still be unsure of our centre position and the jury is out on who is better long term.  Ill fix my post 

22 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

I would settle for a 23-24 yo  with a minimum of 3 years of control remaining in hope we can extand him as a RFA or something.

Its variable depending on player and contract.  I said id take lindholm for that price.

Just saying i need it to be a real stud and tons of control for three pieces where its a first round pick and two players who are 20 and look like surefire nhlers.

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Galchenyuk is really struggling in Pittsburgh.  He's UFA in the summer. 

Would you take him back as a rental for a third round pick?

Yes. That would really make the Domi trade look good.  Max Domi for a 3rd round pick. I'll take it.   Chris has a point, he is not a Julien type player.  

I think at this point there would be no question about what he is, a winger. 

I also think he's got that one timer that he can score on the right side of the ice, and would giver us the type of pure sniper we don't really have. 

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Would Julien even play him?

Gonna take a lot more guaranteed offense to get Cousins out of Claude's lineup. 

No question, Cousins is playing really well and has been a great and cheap addition.  Suzuki just continues to impress, so smart with the puck. 

31 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

If we are considering Galchenyuk then how about PK Subban?

Alzner

2nd

Ikonen

🤠

Now that you mention that, it seems like while both players (Galchenyuk and Subban) could potentially help the team, neither are likely to be acquired due to the fact that they have a history with the organization. They were both traded for reasons that were hockey, as well as non hockey related.

Interesting story in the Athletic today about Jake Gardiner where he mentions turning down a multiple year deal from Montreal at around $5 million per year, on July 3rd.  Have to wonder what the offseason would've looked like had he signed... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nhfarber said:

Interesting story in the Athletic today about Jake Gardiner where he mentions turning down a multiple year deal from Montreal at around $5 million per year, on July 3rd.  Have to wonder what the offseason would've looked like had he signed... 

Heres the quote.  After years in toronto he didnt want another tough media market.

“And also the Canadian market I think, I’m a little bit older now, I’ve got a kid, and it’s just kind of nice to be in a place where, in a sense, it’s a little bit more relaxed. You can breathe a little bit more.”

Gardiner’s friends and family thought passing on Montreal was the right decision. They watched up close as he was overwhelmed last year with the Leafs – by the injury, the pressure, the booing and the pending contract decision."

It is almost as if there are other factors that go into a player's decision where to sign other than the GM. 

*in the not so distance future somewhere on HabsWorld: BERGEVIN FAILED TO SIGN GARDINER!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Heres the quote.  After years in toronto he didnt want another tough media market.

“And also the Canadian market I think, I’m a little bit older now, I’ve got a kid, and it’s just kind of nice to be in a place where, in a sense, it’s a little bit more relaxed. You can breathe a little bit more.”

Gardiner’s friends and family thought passing on Montreal was the right decision. They watched up close as he was overwhelmed last year with the Leafs – by the injury, the pressure, the booing and the pending contract decision."

+/- they say not good stat, but when one is so far out of whack with teammate peers, poor play has to be part of it.

Hamilton +23

Slavin +19

Pesce +10

Gardiner -17 and playing just 16:07, not sure Carolina will like paying him for 3 1/2 more years and i dont think he has heard the last of the Booos.

1 hour ago, DON said:

+/- they say not good stat, but when one is so far out of whack with teammate peers, poor play has to be part of it.

Hamilton +23

Slavin +19

Pesce +10

Gardiner -17 and playing just 16:07, not sure Carolina will like paying him for 3 1/2 more years and i dont think he has heard the last of the Booos.

His pdo.was close.to.900 earlier in the season and is still bad. Its not his fault his goalies couldnt make simple saves when he was in the ice.

His possession and scoring chance  and xg numbers show hes creating more offensive chances than hes giving up.

Still a good top 4 d, who is playing onnthe third pair cause Carolina might have the leagues best d.

I still think hes a good but not great player.

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

His pdo.was close.to.900 earlier in the season and is still bad. Its not his fault his goalies couldnt make simple saves when he was in the ice.

His possession and scoring chance  and xg numbers show hes creating more offensive chances than hes giving up.

Still a good top 4 d, who is playing onnthe third pair cause Carolina might have the leagues best d.

I still think hes a good but not great player.

What's xg standing for ?