Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

10 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Always loved Dumba as a player, but isn't Minnesota in the same boat as us ? They're either resetting or rebuilding, but don't want to trade their core group of guys.

If i was a minnesota fan, id want to keep him

That said... two weeks ago darren dreger said he might be available

And then in his 31 thoughts this week freidman said the leafs were talking to the wild about him.

If hes on the market... hes a replacement for petry to me.

25 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If i was a minnesota fan, id want to keep him

That said... two weeks ago darren dreger said he might be available

And then in his 31 thoughts this week freidman said the leafs were talking to the wild about him.

If hes on the market... hes a replacement for petry to me.

You know their going to ask for romanov as a key part of any trade talk for dumba 

What do you guys think of this. It seems

li a hell of a gamble. I would love to see Lafreniere in Montreal but I think that deal is a bit too much. From gohabsgo

Norman Flynn confessed to Martin Lemay that he would offer nothing less than Nick Suzuki, Alex Romanov, Cayden Primeau and the Canadiens 2020 first round pick overall to bring Lafrenière to Montreal.

31 minutes ago, PMAC said:

What do you guys think of this. It seems

li a hell of a gamble. I would love to see Lafreniere in Montreal but I think that deal is a bit too much. From gohabsgo

Norman Flynn confessed to Martin Lemay that he would offer nothing less than Nick Suzuki, Alex Romanov, Cayden Primeau and the Canadiens 2020 first round pick overall to bring Lafrenière to Montreal.

That's a lot to give up. Having said that it would be worth it if you got a McDavid/McKinnon type player however I don't think Lafreniere is projected to be that. It would also put a whole lot of pressure on a French Canadian kid to be the saviour.  A lot of #1 picks have not lived up to the hype. I would rather give up less and maybe get Byfield although that's probably a longshot. 

Lafreniere is the clear number 1 in this group.  

That said, he's not a McDavid, or a Matthews, or an Eichel, or a MacKinnon, or in that range. 

He's more like a Taylor Hall level of number 1 overall pick... and that alone, especially as a winger, is not enough without a team around him.  We've seen it time and time again. 

Heck even as good as Eichel has been this season, the Sabres are going nowhere. 

This group is deep though, there are probably 10-15 really good players at the top of this draft... but the number 1 is not elite

I like Byfield, probably the youngest player in this draft, has been a beast for Sudbury this year. He did not shine at the world juniors but neither did Lafreniere last year.  Lafreniere is almost a whole year older than Byfield, that's a big difference at this age. I love Byfield's size and skating ability. 

I think Byfield will be a good NHLer too.  I just don't think he's going to be McDavid or MacKinnon level either. 

He'd be something like a Ryan Getzlaf or a Jason Spezza if he hits his potential.   Good enough to be a number 1 centre on a team... but no one is going to confuse him for a top 10 player in the NHL. 

15 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think Byfield will be a good NHLer too.  I just don't think he's going to be McDavid or MacKinnon level either. 

He'd be something like a Ryan Getzlaf or a Jason Spezza if he hits his potential.   Good enough to be a number 1 centre on a team... but no one is going to confuse him for a top 10 player in the NHL. 

I would take a young Ryan Getzlaf any day of the week. 

Here's a question would you dangle Petry to other bubble  teams in the top 10 of the draft to move into a top ten spot if we're not picking in the top ten? I am looking at New Jersey they  could use a guy like Petry on their D and aren't rebuilding. So if they're picking lets say anywhere from 5-10 would they take a trade of Petry + Byron for  a pick from 5-10 if they had one?  That's if there was a guy in the draft there that we really wanted.

26 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Here's a question would you dangle Petry to other bubble  teams in the top 10 of the draft to move into a top ten spot if we're not picking in the top ten? I am looking at New Jersey they  could use a guy like Petry on their D and aren't rebuilding. So if they're picking lets say anywhere from 5-10 would they take a trade of Petry + Byron for  a pick from 5-10 if they had one?  That's if there was a guy in the draft there that we really wanted.

If someone wanted to give a top.10 pick for.him... sure.

At 32 and with one year left on his contract... i think its highly unlikely a jersey or ottawa or other top 10 team would do it.

But if they agreed... sure.

19 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Funny thing is we could of had him in the draft but took AK.

Yup. A lot of teams probably regret passing on Getzlaf, was the 19th player taken in the 2003 draft and I would argue the best player from that draft. 

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Sure. Id love to have him.

Im not trading suzuki primeau romanov and the habs 1st for him though

Agree, I didn't suggest the Habs give up that much,  I suggested the price for Byfield would likely be less than the price suggested for Lafreniere. Let's say the Habs have the 10th pick. would you give up that pick and Caulfield to move up to no 2 to get Byfield?  Would that be enough? 

7 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree, I didn't suggest the Habs give up that much,  I suggested the price for Byfield would likely be less than the price suggested for Lafreniere. Let's say the Habs have the 10th pick. would you give up that pick and Caulfield to move up to no 2 to get Byfield?  Would that be enough? 

Caulfield will be our version of Gaudreau, I wouldn't trade him at all.

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

That was a deep draft , Weber and Bergeron went in the 2nd round.

Those are pretty darn good 2nd round picks.  Hopefully the Habs can do the same thing with one of their 2nd round picks. That's why I keep cheering for Chicago to lose, woud like that pick to be high in the 2nd round. 

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Those are pretty darn good 2nd round picks.  Hopefully the Habs can do the same thing with one of their 2nd round picks. That's why I keep cheering for Chicago to lose, woud like that pick to be high in the 2nd round. 

Yeah hopefully some players fall out of the 1st round and we can get them in the 2nd.

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

Caulfield will be our version of Gaudreau, I wouldn't trade him at all.

I think they are different types of players, Caulfield more of a sniper, Gaudreau is a better skater and more of a dangler. I sure hope Caulfield works out, he sure can shoot puck the puck. 

21 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think they are different types of players, Caulfield more of a sniper, Gaudreau is a better skater and more of a dangler. I sure hope Caulfield works out, he sure can shoot puck the puck. 

Yeah if caulfield was taller he would of been top 5 pick