Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

7 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That's true. You would need a replacement if you traded Petry, interesting to see what kind of return you could get for him.  Oilers would probably see Bear as expendable next year as they expect Evan Bouchard to make it and he fills the same role as Bear. Not sure if they would be willing to give him up this year. 

I’d try and get Bouchard by offering to take half of Taters salary.

7 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I would do that for sure, don't think the Oilers are ready to give up on Bouchard yet but they will have a surplus of defenceman as they are really high on Bear, Caleb Jones and Bouchard of course. 

26 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don't think that is enough of an enticement to get a top 10 pick who has developped nicely. 

2.25 million in cap space just isn't worth that much.

Get Bear and the draft pick and move on.

Byfuglien is appearing in the Habs rumour mill today. From what I understand he isnt skating yet, but if he is ready to resume I for one would welcome the big man. 

All reliable sources (ie mckenzie, lebrun, friedman) suggest he wont sign with anyone til the summer... if he even signs at all.

Ill take their word for it over the eklund rumour i found when i googled byfuglien habs rumour.

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

All reliable sources (ie mckenzie, lebrun, friedman) suggest he wont sign with anyone til the summer... if he even signs at all.

Ill take their word for it over the eklund rumour i found when i googled byfuglien habs rumour.

Because kovy going to try and get as much points as he can,  and lets his numbers speak for themselves. He's going to try and get as much money as he can.

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Read on hockeybuzz. Rumour. That is this thread right? A rumour is a rumour, nothing more. 

49 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Read on hockeybuzz. Rumour. That is this thread right? A rumour is a rumour, nothing more. 

I was just pointing out that there are other rumours out there that he wont sign before the summer.

I then gave my opinion that i believe the source of those rumours more than ekland.

This is a message board where we discuss things and can have opinions.  I gave my opinion that hockey buzz is clickbait bullshit... nothing more.

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

Because kovy going to try and get as much points as he can,  and lets his numbers speak for themselves. He's going to try and get as much money as he can.

Um what 

We were discussing Byfuglien.

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Um what 

We were discussing Byfuglien.

LMAO

And on top of that if there is one hockey player who doesn't base his decisions on the almighty dollar  some would argue its Ilya Kovalchuk...

Gostisbehere is a healthy scratch again in Philly, and is not happy about it. 

Buy low candidate?

What do you think? I dont know much about him.

38 minutes ago, Chris said:

I dont think he is a top 4 answer, but would be an upgrade on the habs LD position, 

Philly would want a little more than i would give, but that's just me

From the Philadelphia Inquirer:

Gostisbehere has three years remaining on his contract after this season and would be an attractive trade chip ahead of the Feb. 24 deadline. But he’s also just 26.

The Flyers really could use a veteran center. Andy Andreoff and Connor Bunnaman were in the middle of the bottom two lines Friday.

Paging Nate Thompson, paging Nate Thompson ...

1 hour ago, DON said:

What do you think? I dont know much about him.

He'd be a top 4 LHD on our team.  He skates and moves the puck well.  Some defensive issues though. 

It all depends on the price, though.

What do they want?

Apparently they want a centre, but I hear Nolan Patrick is back skating again and looking to return, so that might switch the focus to wing, where we have assets we could move. 

4 hours ago, Chris said:

I dont think he is a top 4 answer, but would be an upgrade on the habs LD position, 

Philly would want a little more than i would give, but that's just me

Agree on that, all depends on the price. How much do you give up for another teams 7th defenceman. There has to be a reason he is getting scratched. 

He'd be a top 4 LHD on our team.  He skates and moves the puck well.  Some defensive issues though. 

It all depends on the price, though.

What do they want?

Apparently they want a centre, but I hear Nolan Patrick is back skating again and looking to return, so that might switch the focus to wing, where we have assets we could move. 

Would you package Mete for Gotisbehere?

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

A lhd for a lhd. . Why would philly do it?

I think youd probably be looking at them asking for someone like Armia.

Because I see Mete’s potential similar to Gotisbehere’s and I do not understand the infatuation with the G-man

is he that much better than Mete in one or two years?

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Because I see Mete’s potential similar to Gotisbehere’s and I do not understand the infatuation with the G-man

is he that much better than Mete in one or two years?

Yes

46 points

39 points

65 points

37 points

Thats Ghost's last four years 

I like Mete but hes never putting up the kind of offence that Ghost has in his worst seasons.

Philly moves ghost cause they have too many LHD... they arent looking for a younger LHD with less offence in return.  They need a forward.

3 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Yes

46 points

39 points

65 points

37 points

Thats Ghost's last four years 

I like Mete but hes never putting up the kind of offence that Ghost has in his worst seasons.

Philly moves ghost cause they have too many LHD... they arent looking for a younger LHD with less offence in return.  They need a forward.

Then, if he is that good: why is he being scratched 

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Then, if he is that good: why is he being scratched 

Cause the flyers have provorov and sanheim who are even better at lhd.

And they keep going back and forth between wanting a steady, physical player on the third pair and wanting an offensive guy who takes risks.

All of this isnt helping ghost and hes played worse defensively with more limited minutes than when he was a top 4 guy.

Hes only 26 so hes not washed up but could be a buy low candidate due to struggling with fewer minutes this season.

16 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree on that, all depends on the price. How much do you give up for another teams 7th defenceman. There has to be a reason he is getting scratched. 

We signed an aging forward who was consistently getting scratched in LA. He's done all right so far, I think. So just because a player is getting scratched doesn't mean he is a writeoff.