Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

14 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think youd probably be looking at them asking for someone like Armia.

That's a steep price when Armia is going from strength to strength, and Gostisbehere has been on a downward slide for the past few seasons.

34 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

That's a steep price when Armia is going from strength to strength, and Gostisbehere has been on a downward slide for the past few seasons.

Well they arent going to give him up for Byron or Cousins and those are the next 2 steps down on the forward depth chart imo.  They will want some value.

29 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Well they arent going to give him up for Byron or Cousins and those are the next 2 steps down on the forward depth chart imo.  They will want some value.

As much as I hate suggesting this: Kovalchuk?

52 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

We signed an aging forward who was consistently getting scratched in LA. He's done all right so far, I think. So just because a player is getting scratched doesn't mean he is a writeoff.

Also have signed, Semin-Ott-Gonchar-Hemsky-King-Briere who flopped and being a healthy scratch isnt a good sign at all for a 26yr old $4.5m/yr player.

Would Chiarot-Mete-Romanov-Kulak and this guy solidify left side enough?

I guess trading a Armia or Lehkonen for him might be worthwhile and he is signed for several more years.

18 minutes ago, DON said:

Also have signed, Semin-Ott-Gonchar-Hemsky-King-Briere who flopped and being a healthy scratch isnt a good sign at all for a 26yr old $4.5m/yr player.

Would Chiarot-Mete-Romanov-Kulak and this guy solidify left side enough?

I guess trading a Armia or Lehkonen for him might be worthwhile and he is signed for several more years.

If I am going to trade anyone its going to be lehkonen. Armia is better and the power forward we have been looking for. Lehkonen and Byron to me are expendable 

• Upvote 1

I think this administration sees lehkonen as close to an untouchable though.  He is one of the last players Bergevin and Julien would trade.  Young, one of the best defensive forwards on the team, effective on the forecheck, willing to play any role the coach will put him in and about to have his second 15 goal season...

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

It's true that they would want some value. But that value drops quickly as the player's ice time and production drop, and he starts getting scratched. He might yet get back to where he was two years ago -- or he might not. So there is a significant risk for anyone making a deal with the Flyers.

Armia is 27th in the NHL for RW scoring (Gallagher is 14th) so he would be first-line material on many teams. Are we willing to risk giving that up in the hopes that Gostisbehere's 2017-2018 career year was not a fluke? Packaging a less player with a prospect or a pick could be an option maybe?

I'm not even valuing him on the 60 point season. 

I'm valuing as a 35 point defencemen... something he's been virtually every season. 

There is just as much an argument that this season (With the limited icetime after Vigneault broke up the Provorov-Sanheim pair and moved Sanheim to ld) is the outlier, as there is for the 60 point season.   So I value the guy as a puck mover with 35 points a year.  That costs something, and it can't be Byron. 

Armia is also having the best season of his career, so there is the argument for him too. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think this administration sees lehkonen as close to an untouchable though.  He is one of the last players Bergevin and Julien would trade.  Young, one of the best defensive forwards on the team, effective on the forecheck, willing to play any role the coach will put him in and about to have his second 15 goal season...

But Armia does all very similar but stronger and just starting to show he has a skilled set of mitts also.

And both #40-62 signed for another year at about $2.5...so $5.0m for those two is a pretty sweet deal to give up vs $4.5 for Philly d-man.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canadiens

Of the two i just think Lehkonen is the better player.  Everything ive heard suggests similar is how the org sees him.

And 4.5 for a 35 point, top 4 d, is not steep at all.  Its less than we offered gardiner and i think ghost is better than gardiner.

Just now, Commandant said:

Of the two i just think Lehkonen is the better player.  Everything ive heard suggests similar.

And 4.5 for a 35 point, top 4 d, is not steep at all.  Its less than we offered gardiner and i think ghost is better than gardiner.

But for Gardiner didnt have to lose a Finn.

Just now, DON said:

But for Gardiner didnt have to lose a Finn.

I get that.  Was just commenting on if the contract is fair or not.

We didnt get gardiner.

We havent had good.success with UFAs lately.

So the option is trade.  What is ghost worth? 

Looking at our roster, and the flyers wanting a forward.  I dont know any other option unless there is a three team trade where maybe we give up picks or prospects and they give a forward to philly.  

• Like 1

See... I would try with a draft pick and only a roster player that's a rental....

Thompson and a  3rd for Ghost??

Byron is un-tradeable at this point due to his injury.

I personally think that Armia is just starting to scratch the surface of his career. Buried down the line up  in Winnipeg he has finally been given minutes and responsibility in Mtl.

And I'm with Comm, Lehks is a solid solid hockey player.

19 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

See... I would try with a draft pick and only a roster player that's a rental....

Thompson and a  3rd for Ghost??

Byron is un-tradeable at this point due to his injury.

I personally think that Armia is just starting to scratch the surface of his career. Buried down the line up  in Winnipeg he has finally been given minutes and responsibility in Mtl.

And I'm with Comm, Lehks is a solid solid hockey player.

I really like Lehks and Armia, I think they are just going to get better.  I don't think Thompson and a 3rd is enough to get it done. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

I get that.  Was just commenting on if the contract is fair or not.

We didnt get gardiner.

We havent had good.success with UFAs lately.

So the option is trade.  What is ghost worth? 

Looking at our roster, and the flyers wanting a forward.  I dont know any other option unless there is a three team trade where maybe we give up picks or prospects and they give a forward to philly.  

Yes. $4.5M is probably fair. But Armia’s and Lehkonen’s contracts are low enough to provide additional value.

Philadelphia Inquirer claimed that the Flyers are looking for depth at C, so if that’s true, maybe it could be Thompson as part of a package.

We have 2 2nds in this draft, a 2nd and a depth forward like Cousins or Thompson should get Gostisbehre.  I know he should be valued higher, but for as much as he has been scratched and 3yr @ 4.5m has his value low.  

Philly is right up against the cap, the cap space alone is of real value to them, so they may take a 3rd and a cheap depth forward.

4 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

We have 2 2nds in this draft, a 2nd and a depth forward like Cousins or Thompson should get Gostisbehre.  I know he should be valued higher, but for as much as he has been scratched and 3yr @ 4.5m has his value low.  

Philly is right up against the cap, the cap space alone is of real value to them, so they may take a 3rd and a cheap depth forward.

They have no real use for a cheap veteran depth forward though.  Thompson might be worth a 4th or 5th round pick and Cousins probably less than that.  A second and a late-round pick isn't going to get Gostisbehere.  A regular defenceman that's two years removed from a 65-point season that's under team control is going to get more than that, even if he's struggling or they won't move him.  Yes, they don't have much cap space but they're not going to give him away for next to nothing either as I suspect they haven't given up on him entirely just yet.  If they can't get good value for him, they'll hold him over selling low.  If they need cap space, they'll probably move Justin Braun first.

In actual rumour news, the Penguins inquired about Domi and were told that he's not available.

https://athletique.com/1597726/2020/02/10/john-marino-injury-update-penguins-trade-rumors-jim-rutherford/?source=shared-article

The Athletic reported today that the Habs would be interested in Jonas Brodin (And Matt Dumba)  from Minnesota.

The name of Max Domi is thrown out there in these rumours.

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

The Athletic reported today that the Habs would be interested in Jonas Brodin (And Matt Dumba)  from Minnesota.

The name of Max Domi is thrown out there in these rumours.

That is a trade I would like very much it MIN adds a 1st round pick