Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

But why would they?  In particular, a Dumba-Domi deal would probably be pretty close to a 1-1 swap.

I was thinking more of the rumour about Brodin.

Brodin and 1st round pick for Domi and <INSERT NAME HERE> 

12 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I was thinking more of the rumour about Brodin.

Brodin and 1st round pick for Domi and <INSERT NAME HERE> 

Brodin is one year away from UFA eligibility, Domi two.  It doesn't really make sense for Minnesota to part with a first-round pick to gain only one guaranteed year of team control.  Now, if Domi is amenable to an early extension, it makes more sense but with the year he's having, how willing is he going to be to sign long-term?  (I wouldn't be shocked if he opts for a one-year deal this summer in the hopes of restoring some value.)

The Habs keep saying they're not rebuilding so how much of an enticement is a first-rounder (likely protected considering Minnesota's current non-playoff status) to add basically a rental for next season?  (And how good is the insert name here guy?)  If they're parting with a core player in Domi, they probably want a core guy in return that's guaranteed to be around for a while.

If both Domi and Brodin are willing to sign long-term deals this summer, I could see a swap making some sense but if that happens, it's likely a 1-1 move or close to it at that time given the (likely) relatively equal team control.

Tampa Bay is believed to have been watching the Habs a lot lately.  I wonder if Thompson is who they're getting a look at, someone to shore up their faceoffs and penalty kill.

33 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Brodin is one year away from UFA eligibility, Domi two.  It doesn't really make sense for Minnesota to part with a first-round pick to gain only one guaranteed year of team control.  Now, if Domi is amenable to an early extension, it makes more sense but with the year he's having, how willing is he going to be to sign long-term?  (I wouldn't be shocked if he opts for a one-year deal this summer in the hopes of restoring some value.)

The Habs keep saying they're not rebuilding so how much of an enticement is a first-rounder (likely protected considering Minnesota's current non-playoff status) to add basically a rental for next season?  (And how good is the insert name here guy?)  If they're parting with a core player in Domi, they probably want a core guy in return that's guaranteed to be around for a while.

If both Domi and Brodin are willing to sign long-term deals this summer, I could see a swap making some sense but if that happens, it's likely a 1-1 move or close to it at that time given the (likely) relatively equal team control.

Tampa Bay is believed to have been watching the Habs a lot lately.  I wonder if Thompson is who they're getting a look at, someone to shore up their faceoffs and penalty kill.

Could also be watching kovalchuk, they got  some injuries to their top scoring forwards. Could see kovalchuk as a fill in tell they get back.

1 hour ago, Habsfan89 said:

Could also be watching kovalchuk, they got  some injuries to their top scoring forwards. Could see kovalchuk as a fill in tell they get back.

It's possible but Kucherov, Stamkos, and Cirelli are all game-time decisions tonight so they're at least close to coming back.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I would add a young LD that would be pushed out by Brodin:

Brodin and 1st round pick 2020 (conditional to Domi signing extension if not, 3rd round pick 2020)

Domi and Kulak 

35 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Yeah that still.doesnt make.sense for minny

Because they are rebuilding and would get a lesser D with a struggling Domi. I know, I see that too. 

I would do Domi, Kulak and Mete for Brodin and 1st if Brodin signs. It would solidify the CH's LD and give Romanov time to establish himself, sheltered by Chiarot, Brodin and Scandella. On RD we would be getting old with Weber and Petry, but Fleury and Brook would have time to develop.

But, I know that would be overpaying for a defensive LD and an unpriven 1st round pick 3-4 years away

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Because they are rebuilding and would get a lesser D with a struggling Domi. I know, I see that too. 

I would do Domi, Kulak and Mete for Brodin and 1st if Brodin signs. It would solidify the CH's LD and give Romanov time to establish himself, sheltered by Chiarot, Brodin and Scandella. On RD we would be getting old with Weber and Petry, but Fleury and Brook would have time to develop.

But, I know that would be overpaying for a defensive LD and an unpriven 1st round pick 3-4 years away

Take out kulak and add Mete and a 2nd and maybe Minnesota takes it.

So what's the over and under on Bergevin signing Zack Bogosian, when buffalo cuts him? 🤔

Considering he cleared waivers and went to Rochester... I'd say it won't happen.

That said, he's a UFA july 1st.  If they just want a body to play RD while Weber is hurt, there are worse options, but the salary is so big, I'd rather use our cap space to get an asset from a team in the race ala the Mason/Armia deal.

8 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Considering he cleared waivers and went to Rochester... I'd say it won't happen.

That said, he's a UFA july 1st.  If they just want a body to play RD while Weber is hurt, there are worse options, but the salary is so big, I'd rather use our cap space to get an asset from a team in the race ala the Mason/Armia deal.

Oh I know but you know Bergevin.............

55 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Technically, they could do both.  They can take on nearly $14M in full season salary as of today, $17M by the deadline.  Plus, in lieu of getting Buffalo to retain money, they could move Kinkaid in a 1-1 trade to offset some salary.

4 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

He's the worst Until this team makes the playoffs on a regular basis. Sorry but regularly missing the playoffs doesn't give you the title of a good gm.

So if he traded away all our decent prospects and picks but made the playoffs for four years in a row (but lost in the first round every year) he’d be a better GM?

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

So if he traded away all our decent prospects and picks but made the playoffs for four years in a row (but lost in the first round every year) he’d be a better GM?

If this team was a playoff team every year and was a cup contender every year I will call him a good gm. Its not a matter of trading all our picks and prospects.

He goes all in on 1 player Every July 1st and if he doesn't get him , he has no plan b or c.  So he realize on a weak farm system full of  no NHL ready talent and bottom 6 caliber talent to be successful.

There's gm's in this league that manage to make the playoffs on a regular basis and still keep a good prospect pool and draft picks, also able to make trades to improve and upgrade theIr team.

So I am sorry but Bergevin has done nothing to me to show me he's been a good gm the past 8 years when it comes to the NHL club.

Has he done a good job on this reset yes he has. But that doesn't give him a pass on the last 8 years with this team sorry it doesn't.

14 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

If this team was a playoff team every year and was a cup contender every year I will call him a good gm. Its not a matter of trading all our picks and prospects.

He goes all in on 1 player Every July 1st and if he doesn't get him , he has no plan b or c.  So he realize on a weak farm system full of  no NHL ready talent and bottom 6 caliber talent to be successful.

There's gm's in this league that manage to make the playoffs on a regular basis and still keep a good prospect pool and draft picks, also able to make trades to improve and upgrade theIr team.

So I am sorry but Bergevin has done nothing to me to show me he's been a good gm the past 8 years when it comes to the NHL club.

Has he done a good job on this reset yes he has. But that doesn't give him a pass on the last 8 years with this team sorry it doesn't.

tenor.gif?itemid=16327298

Ok, you are going to have to give me a couple examples of GMs who are retooling through the draft, and making the playoffs consistently, while also being contenders..

1 hour ago, Link67 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=16327298

Ok, you are going to have to give me a couple examples of GMs who are retooling through the draft, and making the playoffs consistently, while also being contenders..

Its not retooling its gm's that are able to keep their prospects pool strong at the same time being able to make trades and upgrades to their team, and be a consistent playoff team. 

Its not retooling its gm's that are able to keep their prospects pool strong at the same time being able to make trades and upgrades to their team, and be a consistent playoff team. 

Outside Washington, Pittsburgh and before that Chicago all of which have had elite players. I d not see any other team doing what you are saying.

Examples please, or retract

27 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Outside Washington, Pittsburgh and before that Chicago all of which have had elite players. I d not see any other team doing what you are saying.

Give it to him (formerly) Mr. Potato-Head!:hammer:

31 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Washington and Pittsburgh have two of the weakest prospect pools in the league. 

Chicago had a very weak prospect pool until recently when they have been missing the playoffs and got some high picks. 

So none of those had both a strong prospect pool and a winning team.

There is no team that is doing what H89 is suggesting, which makes it a stupid criteria to judge a GM on.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Washington and Pittsburgh have two of the weakest prospect pools in the league. 

Chicago had a very weak prospect pool until recently when they have been missing the playoffs and got some high picks. 

So none of those had both a strong prospect pool and a winning team.

There is no team that is doing what H89 is suggesting, which makes it a stupid criteria to judge a GM on.

they have weak prospect pools now, but I think they had OK depth at the beginning of their dominant runs. They traded some of their prospects to patch holes in their lineups