Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

That’s the thing. The market seems to be nice for sellers this year but because of that, the real top end guys may actually be too expensive. You can’t trade players for peanuts now that the market has been set because you look like a fool. On the other hand, the steep price may end up being too much given, the current market. I wouldn’t want to be trading Tatar or Petry, for instance, at the deadline. If we do, however, I’m certain the return will please most. 

You can certainly sell your good players and reap the benefits of the current market value, 

I have a feeling that MB will do nothing because he truly believes this team is good, which is just crazy 

36 minutes ago, Chris said:

You can certainly sell your good players and reap the benefits of the current market value, 

I have a feeling that MB will do nothing because he truly believes this team is good, which is just 

Or that he holds all the cards...

I see MB as a buyer at the deadline...

But he isnt going to move any of the below yet⬇️

Petry signed through next year

Tatar signed through next year

Domi RFA

13 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Or that he holds all the cards...

I see MB as a buyer at the deadline...

But he isnt going to move any of the below yet⬇️

Petry signed through next year

Tatar signed through next year

Domi RFA

As I note in the "Deadline" thread, if Petry and Tatar are not moved by September, then the Habs had better be terrible again next season. Otherwise there is a real risk we end up getting nothing at all for them (or else resign them).

2 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

I would hope that the chance for a cup is more important than pride but who am I to know.

You'd hope. But I have less faith in the rationality of the average NHL general manager. Even though his offer was a joke, MB is still probably perceived to have committed a Code Violation, which to a hockey "mind" is roughly equivalent to the greatest atrocities ever conceived by a depraved human race. 🙄

1 minute ago, EMELINATOR said:

https://twitter.com/commie22/status/1231672406118404096?s=21

Commie seems to think there’s some Price talk also lol

Commodore is a troll.who just likes to stir shit up this time of year.  He has no sources outside of what we all.see on Twitter and then he just tweets a little more to stir crap.

19 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Commodore is a troll.who just likes to stir shit up this time of year.  He has no sources outside of what we all.see on Twitter and then he just tweets a little more to stir crap.

Realize that. Hence the “lol”

3 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Both Lebrun and Basu have mentioned that word around the league is that Bergevin appears to be gearing up for major moves over the summer. 

F**k I hope so. Just sick and tired of the same thin, dreary gruel.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I like your new avatar, fits you like a glove “mille sabords de mille sabords“

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Subban for weber

Drouin for Sergachev

Domi for Galchenyuk

Pacioretty for Tatar-Suzuki

eh?

He has had 8 years, should have at least 1 big deal/yr, is that what your talking about?

32 minutes ago, DON said:

Subban for weber

Drouin for Sergachev

Domi for Galchenyuk

eh?

He has had 8 years, should have at least 1 big deal/yr, is that what your talking about?

What he should have is a coherent plan and make moves according to need.

subban-weber = lateral move

drouin-Sergechev = huge hole in puck loving LD depth with top line potential for another winger who can’t even consistently keep a spot in the top 6

domi-Galchenyuk- worked out, but still don’t have a real legit top centre and Domi this year has regressed the same way Galchenyuk did after his 30 goal year

pactioretty for Tatar/Suzuki = good move, but still resulted in two straight years out of the playoffs.  Move would have been better if he got a return for Tatar - we should have been able to increase the return for him by eating half his salary

where are the essential moves - a real nhl calibre back-up goalie instead of continuously scraping the trash heaps for the likes of neimi and Kincaid.

where is the top line legit centre.  Domi isn’t it, Danault isn’t it, maybe KK or Suzuki grow into that role, but only ottawa (wings have Larkin) have worse in the #1 centre position in the Atlantic.

and finally, where is markov’s replacement????

MB has made the moves you’ve listed and a million more for grunt players, but hasn’t been able to put an actual team together that can be considered a legitimate playoff team - let alone a contender.

As a GM, at best MB is a dog chasing his tail.  Oh, if in case you haven’t heard, he’s been very, very unlucky.

10 hours ago, DON said:

Subban for weber

Drouin for Sergachev

Domi for Galchenyuk

eh?

Yet we are still a non playoff team...and our record is roughly the same...the year of the great collapse not notwithstanding.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul - We had a hole at D but it wasn't there as long as the hole at C so we trade our best D prospect for a winger and convert him to C and expect that to be what saves us. MB is an excellent trader but this move was short sighted and poor judgement and it didn't address our needs and created a bigger need. This has nothing to do with Drouin as the player or Sergachev as a player, it was a poor move.

If you want a good steak then you have to pay for it. You aren't getting  a good steak for cheap and definitely not getting a good steak by buying a good piece of salmon.

16 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Both Lebrun and Basu have mentioned that word around the league is that Bergevin appears to be gearing up for major moves over the summer. 

This is all we are asking for. Please bring us help! and no MB, bringing in another Cousins or Thompson (I love them both) is not good enough.

This team needs some real help.

• 1 month later...