Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

If i couldnt get a good deal, Id honestly just play Domi at RW

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Lehkonen  - KK - domi

I like that idea. Here we are clamouring for a skilled winger, and perhaps we already have it in domi 

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Only two years younger. With attitude issues. And no defensive attributes.

I think we should just agree to disagree on their relative values.

Yeah, the whole point is that Armia and Domi are very different players with different attributes. That's kind of why you would trade one for one. If you want a 50-point one-dimensional C, just keep Domi.

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Domi > DD

Which I said when I brought DD's name into it. My point was merely that they are in the same category, i.e., 2nd-line C with significant limitations and holes in their games.

16 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I like that idea. Here we are clamouring for a skilled winger, and perhaps we already have it in domi 

I don't get it. I thought Domi actively disliked being on W? And that his production level at W has been substantially below what it's been at C? If either is true, then this is no solution.

9 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Lehkonen  - KK - domi

He wasn't happy being played at LW ... and it would seem that one of the factors in his regression was his not being happy about where he played and with who ... can't imagine RW would be any better (maybe worse)

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, the whole point is that Armia and Domi are very different players with different attributes. That's kind of why you would trade one for one. If you want a 50-point one-dimensional C, just keep Domi.

Which I said when I brought DD's name into it. My point was merely that they are in the same category, i.e., 2nd-line C with significant limitations and holes in their games.

I don't get it. I thought Domi actively disliked being on W? And that his production level at W has been substantially below what it's been at C? If either is true, then this is no solution.

Well then, never mind this, I guess the topic is Anderson now 

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Lehkonen  - KK - domi

The problem with that is Domi wants to play  center. Plus we really don't know how much more money his asking for. But i would think Domi and our 16th overall pick would of gotten us a better player.

9 hours ago, Habsfan89 said:

The problem with that is Domi wants to play  center. Plus we really don't know how much more money his asking for. But i would think Domi and our 16th overall pick would of gotten us a better player.

Teams knew that Domi and the 16th were available ... have to assume that nobody offered anything significantly better than Anderson

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Hopefully not as a presumed top 9 solution ... IMO he fits as a 4th liner who might get PP time in front of the net and have the opportunity to work his way up the lineup ... my fear is that MB sees Anderson as the missing top 6 winger and Simmonds on the third line ... Simmonds reminds me of Semin ... a low-cost Hail Mary ... Semin was only one season away from a 22 goal season (pro-rated 27) when signed ... Simmonds is three seasons away.

I still think a scoring winger is what MB is after.. 

Drouin - Suzuki - ?

Gallagher - Danault - Tatar

Armia - KK - Anderson

Lehks - Evans - Byron/Poehling/Belzile/Weal

Add Taylor Hall to that lineup and it looks pretty good

2 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Drouin - Suzuki - ?

Armia - KK - Anderson

Unfortunately, the Habs can't pay Hall with Monopoly money.  They don't have anywhere near enough cap space for Hall or even players in the next tier.

38 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Good god no.  Is MB going back to beat gem in the alley with big guys??

did he not see how speed and skill won the COVID cup??

13 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Drouin - Suzuki - ?

Armia - KK - Anderson

Scoring winger is not how I would describe what Simmons is today.

8 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Scoring winger is not how I would describe what Simmons is today.

That's true. I would have loved to have the Wayne Simmons of 5 years ago but the Wayne Simmons today has a lot of miles on him. His style of play does not translate to a long career. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That's true. I would have loved to have the Wayne Simmons of 5 years ago but the Wayne Simmons today has a lot of miles on him. His style of play does not translate to a long career. 

I don’t think he is a fit but 2008-2009 was his first year pro with 82 gp so he’s already had a long career so your point is incorrect regarding his style of play leading to short carrer.

he is 11-12 years in already, that ship has sailed.
again, I don’t want him on Habs but to use that generic phrasing is just incorrect.

Hes actually got an impressive amount of GP/season so his style of play has not kept him out of action.  Years are gonna catch up to all players, him included.

25 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

I don’t think he is a fit but 2008-2009 was his first year pro with 82 gp so he’s already had a long career so your point is incorrect regarding his style of play leading to short carrer.

he is 11-12 years in already, that ship has sailed.
again, I don’t want him on Habs but to use that generic phrasing is just incorrect.

Hes actually got an impressive amount of GP/season so his style of play has not kept him out of action.  Years are gonna catch up to all players, him included.

My apologies for using generic phrasing. My point is that guys that play the style of a Simmons or a Gallagher (I admire both players) are generally not nearly as effective when they reach their early to mid thirties. I think there has been concern expressed on this board about giving Gallagher a big long term contract for that reason although he probably deserves it. 

For the record I wasn’t hoping for Simmonds. He’s not a top line winger..

Hall, Laine, Mantha, Nylander.. top liners

Although I think Schwartz would look good on that line as well.

9 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Rumor has it Toronto is shopping Johnsson for a pick. Would you take a gamble on him if it's a 4th or 3rd round pick? He would add scoring depth.

One 20 goal season, last year prorated to 15gaols in 82 games ... don't know that he is a good investment of $3.4M for 20/21 and two seasons beyond

Just now, Scott462 said:

Dreger has the Habs in on Hall.

that doesn’t mean much.  I think around 20 teams probably have some interest, some will actually be willing to give him the $ and the term he wants.  I just can’t see Hall being interested. He’s repeatedly said he wants to play for a playoff team and be on a contender.  We definitely aren’t a contender and at this point it’s uncertain that we’re actually a playoff team. 

i can see him doing a short deal with the Avs, otherwise I think he’ll be looking for term and $ on a team that has more chance to be a contender.