Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Jimmy Murphy is a horrible source.  

That said we are deep on D and for the right price Im sure Hughes would trade him, but hes not giving him away.  I think the only ones hes not willing to move (for the right price) are Guhle, Hutson, and Reinbacher

34 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Harris is available as someone will have to go eventually. I don't think Hughes is in a rush.  Not sure what he is saying about Broberg. 

Bader is just comparing them and saying they have had equal results more or less so far and rumours from reliable sources say Broberg could get the oilers a nice rental.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Jimmy Murphy is a horrible source.  

That said we are deep on D and for the right price Im sure Hughes would trade him, but hes not giving him away.  I think the only ones hes not willing to move (for the right price) are Guhle, Hutson, and Reinbacher

From previous reports, add Xhekaj to that list as well.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

From previous reports, add Xhekaj to that list as well.

Is he completely untouchable or is he a guy the Habs were unwilling to sell at his lowest value when in the AHL?  I dont know the reports said either way.

I think we can say that he wont be cheap though.

41 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Is he completely untouchable or is he a guy the Habs were unwilling to sell at his lowest value when in the AHL?  I dont know the reports said either way.

I think we can say that he wont be cheap though.

Nobody is completely untouchable, but I would say Xhekaj is just as untouchable as the defencemen you listed.  While he was in the AHL Montreal was offered "a young NHL forward and a former first round pick with second line potential," according to the fourth period.  That offer was rejected, which seems like a substantial offer for Xhekaj.

13 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Nobody is completely untouchable, but I would say Xhekaj is just as untouchable as the defencemen you listed.  While he was in the AHL Montreal was offered "a young NHL forward and a former first round pick with second line potential," according to the fourth period.  That offer was rejected, which seems like a substantial offer for Xhekaj.

I agree, no one is completely untouchable but Arber will not come cheap nor should he.  No doubt that other teams recognize what he brings and the potential there. 

23 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

The fourth period is kind of a shit source too.  They arent Murphy level bad but still no where close.to Friedman, Lebrun, Seravelli, Johnston, Dreger, Bobby Mac, Lavoie, who are the gold standards.

They also didn't mention who the player was and how close they are to fulfilling that "2nd line potential".   Xhekaj has 2nd pair potential too.  Defencemen are harder to find than wingers so all things being equal a 2nd line winger < 2nd pair defenceman.

Hes not completely untouchable but i dont consider "young potential second liner" to be that great without knowing who.  There is a huge range of prospects that meet such a description.  Some worth it, some not.

29 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

You are correct that nobody is completely untouchable, but I think the consensus (here and elsewhere that I heard/read) was that the young NHL forward and a former first round pick with second line potential was someone whose "potential" was of the "once upon a time had" context.

38 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

You are correct that nobody is completely untouchable, but I think the consensus (here and elsewhere that I heard/read) was that the young NHL forward and a former first round pick with second line potential was someone whose "potential" was of the "once upon a time had" context.

While that's what it could mean, it also could mean they were picked in the first round and still has second line potential.  Without knowing who it was and what was actually meant that statement, making an assumption either way is equally as inaccurate.

5 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

While that's what it could mean, it also could mean they were picked in the first round and still has second line potential.  Without knowing who it was and what was actually meant that statement, making an assumption either way is equally as inaccurate.

I agree.

So without knowing who it was, we shouldnt assume that Xhekaj is valued by the team to the same level as Guhle, Reinbacher, and Hutson either.

Assuming that is also assuming that the 4th period report is accurate, and that the player is currently on that trajectory. And thats without getting into the fact it would take way more than a second liner to get any of the three named above.

I mean on Reinbacher alone we have a more accurate insider saying the Habs turned down Cutter Gauthier.

The thing with Xhekaj is - even if we rate him as high as a potential 2nd pairing guy, he will be no ordinary 2nd pairing guy. He brings attributes that are both rare and exceptionally valuable: (a) a ridiculously cannonading 107-MPH shot and (b) off-the-chart physical prowess. The latter, especially, is really hard to find. His specific exceptional qualities will make him significantly harder to replace than a “normal” 2nd pairing guy.

All of which is to say, the Habs would be within reason to be asking a LOT to give up WiFi. (Whether this is actually the case, I have no idea).

There’s maybe a slight analogy with a guy like Lucic, forgetting for a moment about that jackass’s other issues. Offensively, in his heyday Lucic produced like a 50-60 point guy - good but not great - but I don’t think anyone doubted that he was worth waaay more than a standard guy with that profile, because he was a gorilla on skates. I’m not saying WiFi is a player of that level of impact…just that his value may be skewed upward because of his exceptionally rare skill-set.

58 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The thing with Xhekaj is - even if we rate him as high as a potential 2nd pairing guy, he will be no ordinary 2nd pairing guy. He brings attributes that are both rare and exceptionally valuable: (a) a ridiculously cannonading 107-MPH shot and (b) off-the-chart physical prowess. The latter, especially, is really hard to find. His specific exceptional qualities will make him significantly harder to replace than a “normal” 2nd pairing guy.

Agree 100%, he has a combination of qualities that is rare.