Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I know, that is strange. I was thinking about that last night. The cap room is there and if healthy he would make a big difference and we get to keep all the prospects.

Wouldn't surprise me for Gainey to pull that out of his ass. Low Risk, High Reward.

You think he is looking for money? Or a Cup run?

Forsberg is looking for a Cup Contender. It wouldn't make any sense for him to come back just for the Money. He's already stinkin' rich!

Plus, Forsberg will most likely not even finish the season...you just know he's gonna get injured again. He's finished, his ankles are done for!

Forsberg is looking for a Cup Contender. It wouldn't make any sense for him to come back just for the Money. He's already stinkin' rich!

Plus, Forsberg will most likely not even finish the season...you just know he's gonna get injured again. He's finished, his ankles are done for!

Yeah, but you never know. Like I said, if he pulled it off it would be low risk/high reward

I think that deal is insane. Basically we'd look like - and suck like - Atlanta, minus Hossa. Non merci.

I don't know - but I mentioned that I'd only do it if the team had other good D (which we obviously don't).

If Kovalchuk was ever traded, that's what he would get in a trade, anyway.

Higgins and Koivu for Jokinen and Weiss...Who would do it?

Huh?

I don,t know if i'd make this trade? As muchas Jolkinen is far superior to Koivu, i really like Higgins, and I wouldn't want to see him go! I know Higgins will never be a 40 goal scorer, but he could become a consistent 25 to 30 goal guy who is solid defensively.

I don't know if Weiss will be very good. He's a decent NHL'er...i just don't know. I like Higgins too much to let him go! Let's not forget that if you trade Higgins, you might have an unhappy camper in Komisarek, and we don't want that!

I don't know - but I mentioned that I'd only do it if the team had other good D (which we obviously don't).

If Kovalchuk was ever traded, that's what he would get in a trade, anyway.

No he wouldn't, no team would sell their entire future for one player. Whats the point? Sure you get a great sniper in Kovalchuk that can score 40+ goals a year but your defense is gutted and you lose a great starting goaltender.

It's not like adding Kovalchuk makes you an instant contender, ask the Thrashers.

No he wouldn't, no team would sell their entire future for one player. Whats the point? Sure you get a great sniper in Kovalchuk that can score 40+ goals a year but your defense is gutted and you lose a great starting goaltender.

It's not like adding Kovalchuk makes you an instant contender, ask the Thrashers.

You're right, I just wanted to point out that Kovalchuk is on pace for like 70+ goals this year which is pretty nuts! Though he's not the only one at such an incredible pace.

Well, I don't think Huet's value is too much due to the fact that he'll be getting a raise end of season - look at Bryzgalov getting waived.

Anyhow, the point's moot.

Huet is top 5 in the league for save % and top 10 in GAA. His value is very high and I don't believe for one second that Bryz getting waived was because of a lack of interest, I choose to believe something shady went on behind the scenes there. No way Gretzky gets handed a respectable starting goalie for nothing.

You think Bettman wouldn't put in a call to help out one of his struggling franchises? I would put money on it if Edmonton finishes in the bottom 5 they win the lottery for 1st pick overall, a little "scratch my back i'll scratch yours" from king Bettman.

BTH: I see your point, that trade would be tempting to make and then put your hopes on Price, O'Byrne and maybe Donoughy to see if they can patch things up. Hell maybe even grab a UFA.

Huet is top 5 in the league for save % and top 10 in GAA. His value is very high and I don't believe for one second that Bryz getting waived was because of a lack of interest, I choose to believe something shady went on behind the scenes there. No way Gretzky gets handed a respectable starting goalie for nothing.

That's ridiculous, you can wear your tin-foil hat if you want to though.

No, personally, I wouldn't make that trade, I was just pointing out that Kovalchuk is not just a 40+ goalscorer. Now that he's hitting his prime, he could be a 50/60/70 goalscorer which the league hasn't seen in many years. He's still not worth our top pairing and top goalie though.

You think Bettman wouldn't put in a call to help out one of his struggling franchises? I would put money on it if Edmonton finishes in the bottom 5 they win the lottery for 1st pick overall, a little "scratch my back i'll scratch yours" from king Bettman.

BTH: I see your point, that trade would be tempting to make and then put your hopes on Price, O'Byrne and maybe Donoughy to see if they can patch things up. Hell maybe even grab a UFA.

Better watch what you say, your asking for it..... :lol:

My thoughts on any big business, and/or political back scratching are much like yours. That's just how it is and your a fool if you think otherwise. There are much more serious events that go on in this world but I'm still scratching my head at the whole gambling thing with Tochett. How does he get fried for a so-called gambling ring where only one person ever made a wager with his people. That one person was friggn Janet Gretzky. How did it get quiet so fast? How did nothing ever come out of the investigation? Except one bet. What kind of ring was that. It was a simple, personal bet. YA RIGHT!!!

There is plenty of conspiracy in this world and it will always revolve around money and tight friendships with benefits.

O-ya Huet? I have to agree he has plenty of value, problem is that every team thinks they are really close to a play-off spot that they are unwilling to part with anything of VALUE. That is the sole reason we aren't seeing many trades and that's what is making the market seem small. And salary cap issues as well.

That's ridiculous, you can wear your tin-foil hat if you want to though.

I don't see how it outside the realm of possiblity. This sort of backdoor deal goes down every second of the day what makes the nhl so immune to such things?

Then again this is my favourite movie.....

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

Better watch what you say, your asking for it..... :lol:

My thoughts on any big business, and/or political back scratching are much like yours. That's just how it is and your a fool if you think otherwise. There are much more serious events that go on in this world but I'm still scratching my head at the whole gambling thing with Tochett. How does he get fried for a so-called gambling ring where only one person ever made a wager with his people. That one person was friggn Janet Gretzky. How did it get quiet so fast? How did nothing ever come out of the investigation? Except one bet. What kind of ring was that. It was a simple, personal bet. YA RIGHT!!!

There is plenty of conspiracy in this world and it will always revolve around money and tight friendships with benefits.

O-ya Huet? I have to agree he has plenty of value, problem is that every team thinks they are really close to a play-off spot that they are unwilling to part with anything of VALUE. That is the sole reason we aren't seeing many trades and that's what is making the market seem small. And salary cap issues as well.

I have heard things about Gretzky that got swept under the carpet so fast it would make you head spin. Remember that the game has an image it needs to sell and Bettman has pride in his decisions that I am sure someone like him would do just about anything to justify.

But Huet should not be moved, he should be signed for 3 - 4 years and then moved when Price is ready next season. We can't let him walk for nothing.

I don't see how it outside the realm of possiblity. This sort of backdoor deal goes down every second of the day what makes the nhl so immune to such things?

Then again this is my favourite movie.....

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

I don't believe that there are no conspiracies, but you're the type that would suspect a conspiracy everywhere. There's no reason to believe the Bryzgalov move was a conspiracy, yet you think there is. It makes a lot more sense when you rationally weigh the facts that there simply wasn't a big market for a goalie at the time.

I don't believe that there are no conspiracies, but you're the type that would suspect a conspiracy everywhere. There's no reason to believe the Bryzgalov move was a conspiracy, yet you think there is. It makes a lot more sense when you rationally weigh the facts that there simply wasn't a big market for a goalie at the time.

Ok lets weight some facts...

- Phoenix was hurting bad for a goalie, they had like 4 goalies and all were terrible.

- Bettman has stepped in before to make sure things go his way (see Jim Balsillie)

- Burke could have sent him anywhere for a 7th round pick but instead he sends him directly to a DIVISION RIVAL for nothing!

- With the way the selection works they could just wait long enough to get whatever team they wanted first in line (with the worst record) and then send him off.

- There is always a market for a good starting goalie, I can name you five teams in the east that would kill to get their hands on Bryz.

Burke is pulling a brilliant move if he did what it seems. He holds Edmontons pick, right? If he thought that giving a goalie to pathetic Pheonix it will turn there year around and they place over Edmonton, he was probably right. Who would have seen it, Sam Pollock? Edmonton might suck enough to give him 1st over all. I don't credit Bettman with any of this. Burke would come close with the Leafs for Christ's sake. He is good.

Ok lets weight some facts...

- Phoenix was hurting bad for a goalie, they had like 4 goalies and all were terrible.

- Bettman has stepped in before to make sure things go his way (see Jim Balsillie)

- Burke could have sent him anywhere for a 7th round pick but instead he sends him directly to a DIVISION RIVAL for nothing!

- With the way the selection works they could just wait long enough to get whatever team they wanted first in line (with the worst record) and then send him off.

- There is always a market for a good starting goalie, I can name you five teams in the east that would kill to get their hands on Bryz.

The Balsillie thing is different because it deals with ownership and franchise location, which the league office is always involved in directly. This is player movement, which the league doesn't ordinarily tamper with. johnnyhasbeen's post seems like more of a plausible situation than yours. People like you can find a conspiracy where ever they look.

TSN.ca

- Teams interesteded in Rob Blake: Detroit, San Jose, Colorado, the New York Rangers, Montreal and New Jersey.

-According to the San Jose Mercury News, speculation grows that the Sharks may be ready to move C Patrick Marleau, noting that the Bruins, Panthers, Rangers and Canadiens have been scouting the Sharks recently.

TSN.ca

- Teams interesteded in Rob Blake: Detroit, San Jose, Colorado, the New York Rangers, Montreal and New Jersey.

-According to the San Jose Mercury News, speculation grows that the Sharks may be ready to move C Patrick Marleau, noting that the Bruins, Panthers, Rangers and Canadiens have been scouting the Sharks recently.

How recent is 'recently'? Before or after our last two games?

No way Bettman steps in to help a team like the Oilers. Phoenix / Florida / Nashville / Anaheim / Carolina, on the other hand...though in this case, Burke's playing off the Oilers' draft pick is most likely. Think he'll do a deal with their arch-rival Kings?

I highly doubt we're interested in either Blake or Marleau. As so many others have stated, I figure Bob will bring in a replacement for Ryder and/or get a depth C that is good on faceoffs and playing defensively.

But ya never know. I've yet to predict any one of Bob's moves.

IF we dump Dandenault and Ryder we have 9M available (right now we only have 4)

If we don't re-sing Smolinski next season, we have 11M available.

What's best to do with our money anyway? I'd go for Marleau right now since he's at the cheapest he's ever been (in term of trade value).

IF we dump Dandenault and Ryder we have 9M available (right now we only have 4)

If we don't re-sing Smolinski next season, we have 11M available.

What's best to do with our money anyway? I'd go for Marleau right now since he's at the cheapest he's ever been (in term of trade value).

We'll have some decent UFA money, but don't forget that with this young roster we need to keep some room for a few raises. Komi, for instance, is definitely going to need about 2 mil more per year pretty soon. I think a big reason that BG has spent much of his UFA money recently on 1 year K's for older players (e.g. Brisebois, Smoke) is to keep the cap room for RFAs.