Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I don't think Dumont's going anywhere. In today's or yesterday's paper here in Nashville there was a huge article with Arnott. He was blowing Dumont and Radulov the entire article. Basically, saying management needs to realize how important they're friendship, on and off the ice is to the team and he hopes they get a deal done soon to keep Dumont in Nashville.

I'm not saying it will or won't happen but hey. Besides didn't Dumont choose not to sign with us a few years ago?

Arnott said somewhere that he'd ask for a trade if Dumont would leave (via trade or free agency).

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=228572&hubname=nhl

I'm surprised the rumored Mon-Cal trades haven't been mentioned today (haven't been to Ek's site today yet..... :lol: ) since Phaneuf's getting an extension.... and the Flames need to make room for his contract extension.

Gainey will not trade for Arnott no matter what.

Because of Muller ? If Gainey thinks Arnott could improve the team, if Carbo wants to use Arnott... Do you think the "Dman assistant coach" will change their mind?

That said, I'm not at all intending that Arnott will be traded. I was just reporting his words... and I think his words mean that Nashville will try their best to retain Dumont... In order to retain Arnott too :P

"The Canadiens are looking like the team in the driver's seat right now to possibly grab Jokinen"..................... thanks for the update Ek.

Funny how every "rumor" is so specific............. :rolleyes:

I would love to see someone with real insider information start a blog and put that guy out of business. He grabs hold of every rumour circulaing and posts it as possible. I too go to his site, but not often. Mainly to get the other teams rumours as ours all get posted here. Never can give any weight to a trade rumour, but it is fun to speculate.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Like i said earlier, don'T expect Bob to make any big trades. He said so in an interview on RDS a couple of days ago. He said that a minor little deal might be possible, but that it was very hard to make trades in today's NHL and that he thought the Habs didn't need much.

Don't expect to see Tanguay, Jolkinen, Hossa or Marleau to show up on our doorstep this spring!

Like i said earlier, don'T expect Bob to make any big trades. He said so in an interview on RDS a couple of days ago. He said that a minor little deal might be possible, but that it was very hard to make trades in today's NHL and that he thought the Habs didn't need much.

Don't expect to see Tanguay, Jolkinen, Hossa or Marleau to show up on our doorstep this spring!

Even if he had a deal in place to land ALL these guys, he would still tell us not to expect anything... so don't read anything into anything coming from Bob.

8. Nashville trades winger J.P. Dumont - a UFA July 1 - to Montreal for a second-round pick in 2009 and rookie centre Kyle Chipchura. Unless Dumont signs before Feb. 26 he'll likely be dealt. The surprising Habs can use a top-six forward and native son Dumont fits the bill.

Source: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/01/30/lebrun_deals/

I would not like to give up Chips and a pick for Dumount. If Bob could get him for less it might be a good pick up.

It's tough cause to get a solid player, the other team asks for a promising prospect... but I wouldn't wanna give up any of ours... and I don't think Gainey does either... so... unless we can find a Kovalev for Balej type deal, I can't see much happening.

D'agostini maybe? But he wouldn't get as much as Balej did... Balej was the leading AHL scorer when we traded him.

I would not like to give up Chips and a pick for Dumount. If Bob could get him for less it might be a good pick up.

For Gainey to trade Chips would take a hell of a lot more than Dumont.

Yup. TSN undervalue Chipchura. He's captain material. Doubt that he ever be anything more than a second-third liner, but I think his play is very matured.

In my opinion it's Smolinski and Streit that the Habs could use to make a deal without risking to much. Streit because Dandeneault value should be lower due to his contract and Smolinski because I see Chipchura or Lapierre to taket that role in a year or two.

Yup. TSN undervalue Chipchura. He's captain material. Doubt that he ever be anything more than a second-third liner, but I think his play is very matured.

In my opinion it's Smolinski and Streit that the Habs could use to make a deal without risking to much. Streit because Dandeneault value should be lower due to his contract and Smolinski because I see Chipchura or Lapierre to taket that role in a year or two.

Smolinski has a NTC I believe (since we only got him for one season anyways) and has no trade value anyways.

Ridiculous trades. It is amazing how little research these guys do. Nice to see these guys earning their 6 figures.

You should see what they have in the new Hockey News.

to Montreal - Jarret Stoll

to Edmonton - Chipchura and S. Kostitsyn

Campbell thinks this would be great for Montreal. Uhh watched any habs games lately Mr. Campbell.

These guys lose more credibility to me with every passing day.

Ridiculous trades. It is amazing how little research these guys do. Nice to see these guys earning their 6 figures.

You should see what they have in the new Hockey News.

to Montreal - Jarret Stoll

to Edmonton - Chipchura and S. Kostitsyn

Campbell thinks this would be great for Montreal. Uhh watched any habs games lately Mr. Campbell.

These guys lose more credibility to me with every passing day.

Quite the ######ed and far-fetched rumor. Can't see S.Kostits being dealt away. Maybe if the other name coming back was Crosby or Ovechkin.

Yup. TSN undervalue Chipchura. He's captain material.

I agree about the fact that Chipchura is Captain material, hoever, more and more people around the team are saying that the Next Captain for the Habs will be Komisarek. the reporters who follow this team on a daily basis keep saying that this Kid (OK, he,s no longer a KId) is becoming more and more mature and he's taking more room in the dressing room.

Habs wont get Jokinen.

Gainey wont give up what they want.

Gainey will not trade for Arnott no matter what.

For Gainey to trade Chips would take a hell of a lot more than Dumont.

You sure know what Gainey won't do. Any idea what he might do? LOL

Hey wait a minute.......Bob? is that you? :lol:

Just pulling your leg JMMR! :lol:

Just another reason that helps you realize that 90% of these writers are full of shit.

Just because you write for a living does not mean you are an expert.

I'm starting to feel more and more like we should trade Ryder no matter how minimal the return is. I still haven't given up the idea of riding him for the stretch run and playoffs, but if he continues to play like this he doesn't deserve to be in the lineup. He hasn't most of the season. So even if we got a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him it would be better than nothing.

Edited by Neech

I'm starting to feel more and more like we should trade Ryder no matter how minimal the return is. I still haven't given up the idea of riding him for the stretch run and playoffs, but if he continues to play like this he doesn't deserve to be in the lineup. He hasn't most of the season. So even if we got a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him it would be better than nothing.

I am amazed no rumours have surfaced out of Vancouver. Those guys are desperate for seconday scoring with the Sedins. Dangling a three-time 30-goal scorer might be more than they can resist.

You sure know what Gainey won't do. Any idea what he might do? LOL

Hey wait a minute.......Bob? is that you? :lol:

Just pulling your leg JMMR! :lol:

I know but I know he wont get arnott not even for a 7th rounder

And Jokinen will cost to much.,

I am amazed no rumours have surfaced out of Vancouver. Those guys are desperate for seconday scoring with the Sedins. Dangling a three-time 30-goal scorer might be more than they can resist.

Well, now that you've posted it, I'm sure we'll see such rumours surface. :rolleyes: