Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

nothing yet on Team 990...

can't say I feel good about trading Ryder the day after the comeback.

Me neither, but let's face it, we have no intention of bringing him back after this season so we make both a short-term and long-term improvement.

About 10 minutes ago, CKAC reported a done deal ryder for tanguay!

at 3:59PM eastern, still nothing on the Team 990, RDS or TSN.

Hmmmm... Only could find from CKAC:

Selon certains, les Canadiens feraient l'acquisition de Tanguay en retour de Michael Ryder et d'un choix de première ronde.

Alex Tanguay n'a toujours pas levé sa clause de non-échange qui lui permet d'avoir le droit de véto sur toutes transactions.

Basically nothing done from my limited understanding of the French language. They did mention Ryder plus Calgary gets to choose the first round pick year? Interesting if they were stocking up for 2009/2010 instead of 2008/2009.

Hmmmm... Only could find from CKAC:

Selon certains, les Canadiens feraient l'acquisition de Tanguay en retour de Michael Ryder et d'un choix de première ronde.

Alex Tanguay n'a toujours pas levé sa clause de non-échange qui lui permet d'avoir le droit de véto sur toutes transactions.

Basically nothing done from my limited understanding of the French language. They did mention Ryder plus Calgary gets to choose the first round pick year? Interesting if they were stocking up for 2009/2010 instead of 2008/2009.

I heard on the radio not website.

They were talking bout the deal and then confirmed it, but i guess that was BS :puke:

I heard on the radio not website.

They were talking bout the deal and then confirmed it, but i guess that was BS :puke:

Maybe they confirmed that it was a rumour? :P

Maybe they confirmed that it was a rumour? :P

Actually, I was in my car and the guy from sportsnet was talking and CONFIRMED that THESE RUMOURS were founded... but he didn't confirm any deal.

He said that the most likely player to go to Habsland was Hossa, that however Gainey had now switched his focus to CGY (obviously it's one at a time) and he DENIED any Sundin rumour, saying that Sundin wouldn't go to Habsland, it's just common sense...

NO DEAL yet. That's what he said. as of 3 something PM.

:lol::lol:

Haha nope they said,

It was a done deal!

Nah dude, you must have misunderstood... the guy, Louis Jean said that these were TRUE RUMOURS... so yes it's exciting... but he did say that they were only talking about it.

Actually, I was in my car and the guy from sportsnet was talking and CONFIRMED that THESE RUMOURS were founded... but he didn't confirm any deal.

He said that the most likely player to go to Habsland was Hossa, that however Gainey had now switched his focus to CGY (obviously it's one at a time) and he DENIED any Sundin rumour, saying that Sundin wouldn't go to Habsland, it's just common sense...

Nah dude, you must have misunderstood... the guy, Louis Jean said that these were TRUE RUMOURS... so yes it's exciting... but he did say that they were only talking about it.

Waddel paid to much for Hossa (Heatly I believe) and now he is trying to get equal value back.. I bet he gets nothing and the player becomes UFA next year!

More than likely Habs are going for Tanguay. I am not a huge fan of his, however he does put points up and that is something that would be good for the Koivu-Higgins combo.

No it wasn't Louis Jean who i heard that the deal was done from.

It was the guys on CKAC that confirmed ryder for tanguay.

here ya go :

According to some guys, the Habs would be acquiring Tanguay for Ryder...

Not Done... Still just a rumour.

source:

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/ch_aurai...220-736092.html

Thanks man. That seems definitive. Of note, the time stamp is in the a.m. though, so things may have changed.

Not sure why people wouldn't want Tanguay in the :hlogo: ...he's been a point-per-game producer pretty consistently over his career, has been a fairly solid playoff producer, and plays both C and wing. The latter point is important - he would give us some insurance if indeed Saku Koivu is on the downside, because we still don't have any obvious elite C candidates in our system.

As for losing Ryder, well, given all the abuse that's been heaped on Ryder on these boards (and well before he hit the skids this season), you'd think people wouldn't mind, even if he *is* heating up. Can't have it both ways, i.e., want to dump Ryder for a smelly jock strap when he's slumping, and want to resign him when he's hot. He probably won't resign here anyway: he always was a bitch to sign.

An additional first round pick would be steep, and it would mark an interesting signal that Gainey considers the basic rebuild more-or-less in place. But Tanguay is just 29, and moving a high pick for a player at least makes some sense if that player has several more years in the tank.

In short, not a bad rumour :)