Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

This was posted on another forum but it is worth mentioning here...heck the guy that posted it (Polarice) probably lurks here too. That makes 3 separate sources confirming the rumour. Could still be a complete joke though.

"When I first heard this rumour I laughed out load in my office, however, on the way home I was listening to my XM and they had Gibson and Ecklund both confirming this rumour.

Both of their contacts was a player on the Montreal Canadiens. Ecklund went as far to say that Malkin was believed to be staying in Montreal, and the reason he suddenly left Russia(Finland) was that Pittsburg was considering trading him to Montreal. Apparently one of his hero's is Kovalev.

Also, it was Pittsburg who contacted Montreal about the trade, the reason being is that the new soon to be owner, believes in a depth system. A team building around one player, the new owner had something to do with Nashville I guess, and that was the type of team they are wanting to build.

They were also saying that this trade would help Pittsburg compete for a playoff position now rather than later.

They also mentioned that this would work perfectly for the Habs freeing up cap space for Dumont, and allowing them to keep Danis, who they were in fear of loosing if they had to call him up this year. They weren't sure about the Danis situation but from that stand point it all made sense. They figured the only position Montreal wouldn't be filling with this trade was Souray's and they mentioned Leetch being available.

This is a crazy rumour, very hard to believe, however its so strange that it could just be true."

I heard on the radio this morning that the Habs are officially out of the Dumont sweepstakes - Gainey didn't make him an offer. Apparently his agent released an announcement about it yesterday.

Id rather not trade Souray....

Trade Ribs, Ryder and a pick to St.Louis for Brewer, Sign JPD and call it a day Bob :D

:hlogo:

ridicolus but sounds good (to me)

We trade Ribs, Ryder, Souray, Aebi and maybe a draft pick or a prospect to Pittsburgh for Malkin OR Crosby...

The Penguins have Crosby/Malkin and Staal as first two centers and need experience for a spot in the playoffs.

We sign Dumont (=> Ryder), Briere or Gomez (=> Ribs) and a D-man (=> Souray) and the game is done!

:D

ok, ok, in Italy is called "fanta-hockey" ...but as a Habs fan I like this rumor!

Edited by cristianp6

OK - it seems everyone is in love with this idea. I'm concerned about the thought of trading such important components of today's roster for one player. I know he's ballyhooed to be another Ovechkin or Crosby, but there's a huge risk in such a move. If for whatever reason he doesn't adapt to the NHL game as expected, is a 'head case' as aforementioned, or just does 'OK' but doesn't become an impact player, we've just given up Souray, Ribs, Aebischer and a first with little return (this assumes that Dumont = Ryder). That would hurt.

It seems we're quick to point out the flaws of our own players, but fail to consider those of a prospect. I guess it's assumed that since we don't see him play often, he must have god-like talent and never make mistakes. When we have seen him play, it was middling at the World Cup, and good at the Olympics - but not superstar performances. With Malkin, it's all about potential - which can go boom or bust (see Wickenheiser, Doug).

The potential reward can be appealing, but it would be foolish to disregard the risk.

I completely agree with you Mount Royale!!!

I have been putting off commenting on this rumor just because I feel it is way too much to give up on a CHANCE that this guy can be a dominant player in the NHL, and it would not be a popular stance amung the Souray/Ryder haters on the board.

I'm sorry to all who love trading almost an entire line (D,RW,C,G and first pick) for a 20 year old player that is not a guarantee of anything, but Gainey cannot let this happen.

This trade is waaay too steep for any player in Pittsburgh not named CROSBY!

Edited by Habitforming

I REALY REALY LIkE this rumor,

I hate that we would loose Souray, Ryder,and 1st rounder BUT:

I not only get turned on by line combo of Sammy, Kovy and Malky(!),

But we would keep Kosty, Lats, Chips and other prospects....Carle, Kosty II, Price...(lions and tigers Oh MY!!)

Maybe sign Dumont (he does want to play here and count for s**t loads in MY book),

There are still a few Ds avalable out there and who knows another trade by the GREAT Bob might be possible.

More cap room for rent a player possibility

and if the scouting is on then we have our 1st line center.

IN BOB WE TRUST.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Also for the ones who say " it's risky" this game is all about risks, If Mtl didnt that that risk with bonk We would have never found Huet and been stuck with mr. open door for the hole season. so I love this trade :D cammon WORK BABY WORK.

I doubt BG will risk comprimising our habs for such a childish unstable player such as Malkin who takes off on his team / agents in a second. With the Russian Mob more present than ever here in MTL, i think Malkin here just spells BAD NEWS.

I like our line up as it stands but if any changes are to come, it's Dumont.

I doubt BG will risk comprimising our habs for such a childish unstable player such as Malkin who takes off on his team / agents in a second. With the Russian Mob more present than ever here in MTL, i think Malkin here just spells BAD NEWS.

I like our line up as it stands but if any changes are to come, it's Dumont.

*laughs* Yes, damn those childish players who leave teams or refuse to play with a team or who even refuse to come out of the crowd when they're drafted to put on the jersey of the team that's drafted them.

Mario Lemieux, I'm looking at YOU!

(people (all of us, this is not a specific comment) grow up)

To whom this may concern:

Why would you go and shut down such an innocent poll (Re: Fanpuck's shutting down my poll on whether there should be only one thread for habs rumours)?

What is this a dictatorship? Are you needlessly censoring any poll or healthy dialogue that might cast your opinions in doubt?

All I was trying to do was gauge the members feelings on the Habs rumours. And by the number of responses on this thread, it seems that there are lots of people who love rumours!

Anyone who has a comment on this issue, please reply.

FYI, take it for what it is worth...and stop reading if you hate rumours.

"The Code" had a public chat today and here are a few things he said about the Habs:

He believes both the Komisarek and the Malkin Rumours are bogus

The Habs are hot after Briere but will likely pull out because the asking price is too high.

The have inquired about Marleau (who is being shopped), but prefer Briere. The Sharks are looking for a number 1 d-man in return. Washington is also hot after Marleau

They have inquired about Vishnevski.

The Habs have talked trade with Columbus regarding Aebischer.

He doesn't rule out Dumont signing with Montreal just yet as he wants to see how the Briere thing shakes out. he also things The Habs are still his likely destination.

Why would you go and shut down such an innocent poll (Re: Fanpuck's shutting down my poll on whether there should be only one thread for habs rumours)?

What is this a dictatorship? Are you needlessly censoring any poll or healthy dialogue that might cast your opinions in doubt?

All I was trying to do was gauge the members feelings on the Habs rumours. And by the number of responses on this thread, it seems that there are lots of people who love rumours!

Anyone who has a comment on this issue, please reply.

Gman...this thread is clearly labelled...why do you open it and read it if it bothers you????

This is a new thread so until some of the guys realize that they should post rumours only in this thread, without opening any new ones...then it is going to happen. It is for entertainment purposes only...don't take it seriously.

Because it was a pointless poll that gave the illusion that things could be changed when it wouldn't.

Change "dictatorship" with "ownership" and "opinions" with "decisions". HW didnt grow on trees. There is people who spent money, time and energy to build it from the ground up, without charging you a dime or stuffing ads down your throat.

HabsWorld was created with two specific ideas in mind: QUALITY and DIVERSITY of membership. Preserving quality means putting certain boundaries, the posting of bogus or fickle rumors being one of them, ie. people who make stuff up and try to pass it as rumors. Facts over fantasy is the objective here. There's enough boards and forums cluttered with random so-called "rumors" out there.

Besides, those bogus rumors are still allowed. They're just concentrated in one thread rather than allowed to spread all over the place. I dont see why someone would have a problem with that.

This isn't a rumors board. Rumors are not this board's main topic. There is no reason, then, to have bogus rumors crop up all over the place. I think that's quite simple to understand.

Of course some people love rumors. Some people also love dancing hamsters. Some other people, however, love reason and quality too. I'm glad HW usually sides with the latter.

:clap: KoZed

Are you needlessly censoring any poll or healthy dialogue that might cast your opinions in doubt?

This isn't about my opinion. It is about the fact that those who run and pay for this site (myself included to a small degree) have set up rules for the site. One of those rules is that people do not post BS links, and those in charge decided that blogs and such sites are not legitimate sources, and are thus BS sites.

I think we were more than generous allowing a thread for such rumors. There is obviously interest in the rumors, but as KoZed pointed out, this is not a rumor site. Every other thread should not be about some random person's blog. Allowing the permanent thread is a very generous compromise to those members who enjoy such things.

I think official rumours are cool. You can respect Kyle Richarson because he cites input from actual newspaper articles. 9 times out of 10 the rumour may be wrong but it is in print.

Blogs are too loose to really trust. I never apologized for the last time I ran a blog rumour. But, I was under the weather when I did it. A little self induced flu :P

Gosh................

Thanks for this thread.

I hope, pray, plead, beseech, entreat, appeal, ask, beg, implore, importune, petition, supplicate, crawl on my knees before you saying:

Let's keep all of the rumours on this string instead of creating an unending stream of threads dealing with all of these things... something like last year's permanent thread on signings "UFA SEASON (Selänne to Anaheim)" :(:(:(:o:(:(:(

Thank you.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I agree with Mount Royal too.

The main reason why I wouldnt do the trade: HT: 6-3 WT: 186 :blink:

I think the real reason nobody knows where Malkin is right now is because he blew away in a windstorm. :lol:

It's risky putting all your eggs into 1 basket, or with regards to hockey, into 1 player. No 1 player has single handedly won the Cup. Gretzky always had quality team mates when he won Cups.

I'm not so sure Malkin is 1 of the cry baby Lindros types, especially just because he took off from his Rus club Magnitogorsk. After all, Magnitogorsk is his home town, so it would probably be pretty hard to hide out there. Also, he was under some duress when he signed his last contract to stay with Magnitogorsk, so that in itself should make it null and void.

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat tho for AO or Crosby, but thats even less likely to happen.

I guess 1 huge benefit if this crazy Malkin trade does go through, its highly likely that most of the players the Habs give up, this would be their last season as a habs anyway. Malkin would be a habs for a long time untill he becomes a UFA. However, I still wouldnt say that would justify such a trade.

While I can't say I agree with the various reasons, I thank you anyways for your explanations.

I just figured that some people enjoy discussing various rumous, whether they are legitimate or not. People like to imagine the potential of such trades, and discuss the pros and cons. I am fully aware that these sites are full of shit, but I still check them twice a day. And I know other members are the same.

And so, I issued the poll to see where the members stood, figuring that the leaders of this site would want to meet the members' requests. You know, give the members what they want.

That being said, I don't run the site.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

I agree with Mount Royal too.

The main reason why I wouldnt do the trade: HT: 6-3 WT: 186 :blink:

I think the real reason nobody knows where Malkin is right now is because he blew away in a windstorm. :lol:

It's risky putting all your eggs into 1 basket, or with regards to hockey, into 1 player. No 1 player has single handedly won the Cup. Gretzky always had quality team mates when he won Cups.

I'm not so sure Malkin is 1 of the cry baby Lindros types, especially just because he took off from his Rus club Magnitogorsk. After all, Magnitogorsk is his home town, so it would probably be pretty hard to hide out there. Also, he was under some duress when he signed his last contract to stay with Magnitogorsk, so that in itself should make it null and void.

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat tho for AO or Crosby, but thats even less likely to happen.

I guess 1 huge benefit if this crazy Malkin trade does go through, its highly likely that most of the players the Habs give up, this would be their last season as a habs anyway. Malkin would be a habs for a long time untill he becomes a UFA. However, I still wouldnt say that would justify such a trade.

Well just to correct you with his weight. I rather him be 186 Pounds of muslce then fat. A lot of people neglect this fact that muscle is heavier then fat so hes more of 186 pounds of muscle. Wich brings out more speed power and agility.

Then they him takin off from his club. I don't blame him what does the mafia have to do with this...The kid wants to play in the nhl and the Russian Federation are ass's mainly because they dont want to let him go when he desires to play with the Penguins, so for him to leave i can't give him shit about it.

And him leaving will benifate our team more then everyone knows. You lose Ribs, Loser Ryder but resign Dumont. Lose Souray but everyone freaks out about him when hes gonna get traded but during the season they call him a " Defensive liability". So i don't know what to say about souray..You lose abby wich is great you lose 2 million dollars on a To be UFA. Then Danis comes up wich will be great for him. And our cap will be nice and healthy.

This game is about risks you dont take them you will never have a winning team, it can screw you but it can help you. instance Someone made me realize, Brian Burke is very Risk Free and look where it has brought his teams...Never to the stanley cup finals...But always a good team, but never a Stanly Cup winner.

One more thing, This thread is a good idea but when a million posts get in and a million diffrent rumors its going to start getting messy and hard to find rumors, then some people will get confused of what rumors they might be talking about. It will get confusing soon. Personally i rather not have it. But i don't make the rules.

Edited by koivu-11

I've been on other sites, mostly bands where they have sub threads. Such as lounge, NHL, Habs Prospects. Why don't we open a rumour thread(Habs related).

It is easy to see us Habs fans enjoy them regardless of their nature. BS or not they are fun to discuss and if we open the thread and remember that it is all with a grain of salt, I don't feel that it will make HW look bad in anyway. Besides, Spector is making a living from it. It's not hurting him in anyway when things don't develop yet we all go to his page 5 times a day.

The new open thread about rumours is cool. It just sucks having to sift through everything to find something you want to read, and half the time the subject gets changed and you get lost.

Problem solved. If you don't like rumours then don't go into the thread.

As far as Fanpuck goes.......Let me start by saying you and HW have done a wonderful job and I enjoy coming to read.

You do jump the gun and blast people a little too soon at times and it's annoying. I speak from experience. I read Spector once about a trade and started a thread, and a minute later, I read something about a Theo trade so I started another thread. When I went to check for replies I had a message from you that I was no longer a member for starting BOGUS threads.

Both threads I started eventually came true.

Since then you have managed the site a little better although the same complaints are creeping in from other members. I think the Sub menu thread on rumours would take the burden of deciding what's WORTHY off your back. We as true hockey(HABS) fans can handle THAT ourselves.

This will soon become a war...i can just see it now. Good old Members Vs. Moderators! Clash of the titans. (not appropriate for all ages)

Except that the good old members ARE the Mods, hehe.

You do jump the gun and blast people a little too soon at times and it's annoying. I speak from experience. I read Spector once about a trade and started a thread, and a minute later, I read something about a Theo trade so I started another thread. When I went to check for replies I had a message from you that I was no longer a member for starting BOGUS threads.

Take a look at your warning history. You were warned and then suspended for name calling and harrassing other members. If you were no longer a member, how are you still posting? :1special: We try to be patient with people, but your repeated abuse of the rules forced our hands.

I think a rumour forum would be a good idea, actually. Keep it right on top of the Lounge, at the bottom. I hate seeing 5 different threads on the same rumour that will never come true - let's just have a sub-forum for all of them and then we can get rid of this thread. :)

About Malkin being too thin - well, he's 6'3 so you can't complain about his size. And clearly you've never heard of Christoph Ullmann! :lol: