Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

So much for Attorney Client privilege :P

basically... if I ran this guy's firm, I'd fire the hell out of him and probably report him to the bar....

if his bio were true........

Edited by simonus

BTW the last I read (can't remember where) about the Komisarek/Bonk to NYI deal was that Bob rejected the offer of Martinek, Bergenheim and Colliton and countered with Nokeleinen + Grebeshkov + pick.

nokeleinen will be a good player, don't know much about grebeshkov but a young player that returns this country..don't wan't him..the pick would have to be a 1st round or a 2nd.

Well just to correct you with his weight. I rather him be 186 Pounds of muslce then fat. A lot of people neglect this fact that muscle is heavier then fat so hes more of 186 pounds of muscle. Wich brings out more speed power and agility.

:lol:

If Malkin wieghs 186 pounds, he doesnt have any muscle, and thats my point. When Gretzky was a rookie, I bet he could bench more than Malkin can right now. When Gretz started, he couldn't even bench 140 lbs. :rolleyes:

Lacks the ideal size of a true No. 1 center.

Thats a quote regarding Lagkow, and he's HT: 5-11 WT: 192. So where exactly would that place Malkin? :P

About Malkin being too thin - well, he's 6'3 so you can't complain about his size. And clearly you've never heard of Christoph Ullmann! :lol:

This sint basketball, its hockey. Height isnt the most important stat, weight is. Malkin is at least 20 lbs underweight, and thats 20 lbs of solid muscle. This 20 lbs would just get him to a normal weight for his size and wouldnt even mean he'd be strong. He'd still only be average toughness for his height at 206.

Look at Samsonov, he's probably the toughest guy pound for pound for his size, @ HT: 5-8 WT: 194. Now look at Kovalev, @ HT: 6-1 WT: 220. Then take another look at a pretty much anorexic Malkin @ HT: 6-3 WT: 186. Malkin cant throw his wieght around at anyone, because he has no weight to throw.

Malkin will be a great player, but I highly cant see him being a 1st line Center, ever, or even remainng a C for very long, he'll most likely end up a winger. Also, being his size, I bet he'll be injury prone, big time. I realise he is young, and can put on muscle as he ages, but still. I dont think he'll ever get to regular weight for his height because he's so small right now. Even being his age, he should have more weight on him by now. I cant imagine that as a top NHL prospect he's never seen a weight room.

A lot of you people seem to be confused. The Russian coaches etc who say Malkin is better than AO, they are talking offensively. AO isnt tiny, and he can hit people. Malkin wouldnt even be able to hit people during Habs practices. Malkin would bounce off and crumple to the ground attempting to hit Habs players like Ryder and Ribs. :o

I'm not validating any of these silly rumors by posting here, but knocking Malkin's weight is silly. He's still just a 20 year old kid. He has a great frame and shouldn't having a problem getting his playing weight up over 200 pounds. He didn't need the weight in Europe, so he didn't try to put it on. Now that he needs it, he'll start eating a lot of carbs and protein while hitting the gym.

This sint basketball, its hockey. Height isnt the most important stat, weight is. Malkin is at least 20 lbs underweight, and thats 20 lbs of solid muscle. This 20 lbs would just get him to a normal weight for his size and wouldnt even mean he'd be strong. He'd still only be average toughness for his height at 206.

He isn't a strong or physical guy but the extra inches do help him a little. He's a bigger body hence a little tougher to push off the puck even if he's weak. If Ribeiro were a little taller it would help him out even if he didn't use his size.

I've read this, make what you want of it.

To PHI... Naslund

To VAN... Ryder, Perezhogin

To MTL... Gagné

You could replace Perezhogin's spot with Kostitsyn, for example.

Edited by FuRy

To PHI... Naslund

To MTL... Gagné

That would be great for us. I would love to see this happen. Where did you get it from?

To PHI... Naslund

To MTL... Gagné

I don't think it has a single chance to happen but it would be sweet

To PHI... Naslund

To MTL... Gagné

I don't like it. :(

Gagné isn't worth Ryder & Perezhogin - not in the least. :angry::angry::angry:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

To PHI... Naslund

To MTL... Gagné

Naslund to the Flyers makes sense. Paired with his friend Forsberg, they will light up the lamp. I'd trade Ryder and Perezhogin for Gagne any day.

Now all we would need was a top flight centerman to feed him the puck, if Koivu is not up to snuff.

If this trade happens, we will benefit almost as much as Philadelphia.

A lot of things regarding Montreal in there.

Bergeron, Tanabe, Gagne, Langkow, Briere, Marleau and Conroy.

He also mentions Bonk to Washington for picks like other sources has done.

I am starting to me reminded of a few years ago. Some people would not want to risk the farm for proven NHL stars because after all, the prospects must be better. A few years have passed and Garon, Hossa, Ward, Balej, hainsey etc never amounted to anything substantial and were traded after their value was at it's highest.

Simply put...if, and it is a big if, all of the young players (Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Grabovsky, Chipchura, Latendresse etc ) do reach star status (ie. as good as Gagne, Briere, Marleau) then there is no way the all can play 20 mins a game on the same team. If other teams also feel our prospects are as good as we think they are and we have so many of them...I think it would a very wise decision to trade a couple of them away to make this team more talented now. Also stars want to play with other stars...it would much easier to attract free agents with guys like Gagne on your team compared to guys like Perezhogin.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

A few years have passed and Garon, Hossa, Ward, Balej, hainsey etc never amounted to anything substantial and were traded after their value was at it's highest.

Hainsey was not traded, he was lost on waivers, and has become a solid player in Columbus. Still can be a 2nd pairing guy if he builds on the season he had last year.

Hainsey was not traded, he was lost on waivers, and has become a solid player in Columbus. Still can be a 2nd pairing guy if he builds on the season he had last year.

yes Fanpuck, I know ( I was making a point)...which is even worse...and sorry I don't see him being the star we all wished he could have been. My point is...he could have been traded for a star when he was still a prospect. I remember SJ wanting him for Nolan (who is not the greatest player but sure would have helped with the toughness for a couple years). In retrospect...they should have dealt him.

It definitely makes sense to deal an exciting prospect for a YOUNG proven all-star. I don't know how old Gagne is, but I suspect he's heading into his late 20s. If so, you can look at another 6-7 years of excellence from him; which is plenty. Therefore, I would happily trade the risk (prospect) for the sure thing.

What I wouldn't do is trade a promising top-ranked prospect for anyone over the age of 30, unless the latter was a Gretzky.

Bonk to Washington for a draft pick ?

If the Caps have 2.4 mil to blow, why not try to sign Dumont, Carter, Allison..... ??

Hows this for a ( just for fun ) trade ?

Habs send Kovalev, Ryder and Markov to Pittsburgh for Crosby.

Great deal for Pitt, since they need depth to stand any of chance being competitive next year ( especially at RW ). Last year Crosby put up 100 pts. and they still didn't come close as a sniff at the PO. Dead last, as I recall. They still will have Malkin coming over, and Kovy would be his mentor. Markov would instantly anchor their D. Ryder would add some pop.

For the Habs, this is where it gets interesting......

We save a minimum of 4,200,000 in cap room ( based on Sid maxing out on his bonuses ).

JP Dumont 10 over 4. That's 2.5.

Brian Leetch can be had for about 1.5 We're still ahead by a minimum of 200,000.

Leetch hardly replaces Markov, but Crosby easily trumps Kovy, Dumont replaces Ryder.

Souray, Komisarek, Leetch ? Not a bad D.

The lines ? Shuffle at will.......... B)

Samsonov-Koivu-Dumont

Begin-Crosby-Johnson

Perezhogin-Ribs-Latendresse ( I've got a feeling )

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Throw Bonk into the deal, and have enough room to maybe go after a decent D-man ??

Or just go with the status quo, and beleive in the Forum Gods. :D:D:D

Edited by bigbird19

Bonk to Washington for a draft pick ?

If the Caps have 2.4 mil to blow, why not try to sign Dumont, Carter, Allison..... ??

Hows this for a ( just for fun ) trade ?

Habs send Kovalev, Ryder and Markov to Pittsburgh for Crosby.

Great deal for Pitt, since they need depth to stand any of chance being competitive next year ( especially at RW ). Last year Crosby put up 100 pts. and they still didn't come close as a sniff at the PO. Dead last, as I recall. They still will have Malkin coming over, and Kovy would be his mentor. Markov would instantly anchor their D. Ryder would add some pop.

For the Habs, this is where it gets interesting......

We save a minimum of 4,200,000 in cap room ( based on Sid maxing out on his bonuses ).

JP Dumont 10 over 4. That's 2.5.

Brian Leetch can be had for about 1.5 We're still ahead by a minimum of 200,000.

Leetch hardly replaces Markov, but Crosby easily trumps Kovy, Dumont replaces Ryder.

Souray, Komisarek, Leetch ? Not a bad D.

The lines ? Shuffle at will.......... B)

Samsonov-Koivu-Dumont

Begin-Crosby-Johnson

Perezhogin-Ribs-Latendresse ( I've got a feeling )

Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Throw Bonk into the deal, and have enough room to maybe go after a decent D-man ??

Or just go with the status quo, and beleive in the Forum Gods. :D:D:D

nothing bad about speculation for fun out of boredom, but I don't agree fully with your lines. Your players...yes...but not the lines

Samsonov-Koivu-Dumont

Higgins-Crosby-Perezhogin

Kostitsyn-Ribeiro-Johnson

Begin-Plekanec-Latendresse

Thats what I'd like....If given those players.