Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

On the Habs Gallagher is a #1 RWer, who else they got to play there?

Intangibles, hocus pocus stuff, the big Finn would fill his slot in 4 months, not years. Galchenyuk- Pacioretty-Pujujarvi sounds nice to me.

And also frees up more cap space to add a Okposo to beef up the RW slot, so WIn-Win. :popcorn:

You make some good points Don, which is unusual for you :rofl: I am kidding.

On the Habs Gallagher is a #1 RWer, who else they got to play there?

Intangibles, hocus pocus stuff, the big Finn would fill his slot in 4 months, not years. Galchenyuk- Pacioretty-Pujujarvi sounds nice to me.

And also frees up more cap space to add a Okposo to beef up the RW slot, so WIn-Win. :popcorn:

IF we sign Okposo, then yes, the deal makes a lot more sense. Of course, we won't know until July 1 whether that crucial ingredient could be added.

DON, what were your expectations of Galehenyuk, out last #3 overall pick? Did you expect him to fill the #1 slot right away? Because he also was a major talent, and it's taken him 3 years to really become a front-line player.

Gallagher makes 3.75 million which is an absolute bargain for what he brings.

If freeing up cap space is your motivation, he's the second last person you do that with. Only Pacioretty is a bigger bargain on our team/

The third overall pick in the draft will get a bonus laden contract at about $3.25 million per season.

You won't be freeing up much cap space.

IF we sign Okposo, then yes, the deal makes a lot more sense. Of course, we won't know until July 1 whether that crucial ingredient could be added.

DON, what were your expectations of Galehenyuk, out last #3 overall pick? Did you expect him to fill the #1 slot right away? Because he also was a major talent, and it's taken him 3 years to really become a front-line player.

Okposo and Gallagher is the way to go. Not trade one to free up a miniscule amount of space.

If freeing up cap space is your motivation, he's the second last person you do that with. Only Pacioretty is a bigger bargain on our team/

The third overall pick in the draft will get a bonus laden contract at about $3.25 million per season.

Okposo and Gallagher is the way to go. Not trade one to free up a miniscule amount of space.

Good stuff, Commandant. Who would YOU offer for the 3rd overall pick? And do you think it would tempt Columbus - ?

Good stuff, Commandant. Who would YOU offer for the 3rd overall pick? And do you think it would tempt Columbus - ?

I don't see what we have that would tempt Columbus. They are searching for a big centre... I'd throw McCarron +9 + 39 but I doubt that tempts them.

If it doesn't (and I don't think it will) I'd be content to just sit at 9 and take what falls to me.

My one move though would be 39+45 to get back into the first round somewhere around 25-30 and grab a falling kid there.... I think this draft is about 25 guys deep before it falls off a cliff in the second round, If someone falls falls into the 20s on D McAvoy, Fabbro, Bean; or at Fwd Kunin, Bellows, Rubtsov, Gauthier, Jones; I'd be there to snap them up.

Someone always takes a tumble on draft day. I'd be using one of my 2 seconds to move up.

If they don't trade up i want two LHD between picks 39, 45, and 70.

DON, what were your expectations of Galehenyuk, out last #3 overall pick? Did you expect him to fill the #1 slot right away? Because he also was a major talent.

No, but the 46 point pace Galchenyuk had as a rookie was nice, but his missing year also lowered expectations a bit, unlike the Finn who tore up the world juniors (17pts in 7 gms) and scouts are raving about.

And if the Finn played #2 RW behind Okposo, that would seem about right.

Here is bit on him:

"With his size, skill and skating ability, Jesse Puljujarvi has the potential to be a first line, franchise defining winger in the NHL. His playing style is comparable to Marian Hossa, however we caution that this is a style comparison only and not one based on skill levels. Puljujarvi appears to be very close to NHL ready, and it would not be shocking to see him in the NHL next season."

What are the odds that Gallagher will ever be a "franchise defining winger"? Come on, must be tempting to agree?

But

I don't see what we have that would tempt Columbus. They are searching for a big centre... I'd throw McCarron +9 + 39 but I doubt that tempts them.

If it doesn't (and I don't think it will) I'd be content to just sit at 9 and take what falls to me.

I get the feeling Columbus is looking at 4/5/6 and seeing which of the west teams really wants Puj enough to swap picks and add. Say they find out Edmonton wants Tkachuk. They could swap with Vancouver, get an extra pick and prospect out of it and draft Dubois at #5.

$$ was a total afterthought and figured top pick bonuses might add up some, didn't think it would be that even though.

My one move though would be 39+45 to get back into the first round somewhere around 25-30 and grab a falling kid there.... I think this draft is about 25 guys deep before it falls off a cliff in the second round, If someone falls falls into the 20s on D McAvoy, Fabbro, Bean; or at Fwd Kunin, Bellows, Rubtsov, Gauthier, Jones; I'd be there to snap them up.

Someone always takes a tumble on draft day. I'd be using one of my 2 seconds to move up.

If they don't trade up i want two LHD between picks 39, 45, and 70.

Do you think trading a player like Gallagher and swapping picks with Columbus would be an overpayment by Habs?

Do you think trading a player like Gallagher and swapping picks with Columbus would be an overpayment by Habs?

Yes.

I don't think giving up Gallagher is worth the difference between Pulju and one of Nylander/Jost/Keller/Brown/Serga/Juolevi

If it was #2, I'd trade Gallagher in a heart beat. I'm not sure of puljarjavi is as sure of a bet as Laine.

Guest Stogey24

I don't even like Pacioretty, but he probably has the best contract in the nhl. He's basically untouchable at this point

I don't see how the team improves by trading one of the league's top snipers for a guy who projects to be one of the league's top snipers.

You guys do know we're not rebuilding, right? Teams in a Cup window generally don't trade their best forward for a draft pick, no matter how 'sure fire' that pick is.

Yes.

I don't think giving up Gallagher is worth the difference between Pulju and one of Nylander/Jost/Keller/Brown/Serga/Juolevi

Thanks Ben, seems a lot to move up 6 spots, but the big Finn kid could be a real impact player also, whereas we hope Jost is an all-star centre down the road but odds a bit lower for sure.

Rumor has it Scott Hartnell has agreed to waive his NMC. He has 3 more years at $4.75 mil per season and 34 years old. 23 goals/49 points this past season. Anybody think the Habs would have some interest? Should they be interested? Perhaps it could be an opportunity to make a trade and send some salary the other way while acquiring a big, physical second line winger?

Rumor has it Scott Hartnell has agreed to waive his NMC. He has 3 more years at $4.75 mil per season and 34 years old. 23 goals/49 points this past season. Anybody think the Habs would have some interest? Should they be interested? Perhaps it could be an opportunity to make a trade and send some salary the other way while acquiring a big, physical second line winger?

I have always wanted Hartnell. If we could convince the Blue Jackets to take Eller and/or Emelin off of our hands I'd make the deal. I doubt that's what Columbus wants to do though.

Part of the reason Columbus would be moving him is to shed salary since they're up against the cap. That third year is also a big concern, you're probably only going to get two good years out of him, he'll be on IR for most of the rest.

I'm really hoping we sign Okposo has always been one of my favorite Islanders and I still think there's even more potential in his game. I met him like 8 years ago in a golf outing and he won longest drive was absolutely crushing the ball. Funny thing is it was like his 2nd time playing golf.

I'm really hoping we sign Okposo has always been one of my favorite Islanders and I still think there's even more potential in his game. I met him like 8 years ago in a golf outing and he won longest drive was absolutely crushing the ball. Funny thing is it was like his 2nd time playing golf.

He seems like a naturally broad fella, he could be stronger than the average NHLer even. We could use exactly that type of RW. A guy with a lot of skill, but also some size and strength for the RW. To top it off, he fits right in with our supposed "window". I can't think of a better fit.

The very reliable vegan George Laraque (hahahah) (ok, he was right about Las Vegas, I'll give him that) said on radio that Bergevin was to announce a blockbuster on June 24th. A trade that would change the face of the team.

Laraque states that 2 different sources of his told him so.

Now, the blogger Jeff Drouin from Dans Les Coulisses says that he tried to read between the lines and that it would not involve Subban.

However, it COULD involve the #3 overall pick as he believes Bergevin to be one of the most active GMs to try to grab this pick.

He says that Jarmo Kekalainen was with St-Louis back in the days and that he loved Lars Eller.

http://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/grosse-transaction-du-cote-de-montreal/

Probably not happening, but who knows ?