Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

The very reliable vegan George Laraque (hahahah) (ok, he was right about Las Vegas, I'll give him that) said on radio that Bergevin was to announce a blockbuster on June 24th. A trade that would change the face of the team.

Laraque states that 2 different sources of his told him so.

If it's a done deal as he implies, why wait until draft night to do it? Doesn't make much sense.

If it's a done deal as he implies, why wait until draft night to do it? Doesn't make much sense.

Exactly. He sures misses the spot light.

Georges misses the spot light, mind you he has a code. So who knows. :)

Yea, this is just him playing the percentages. If Montreal makes a big move he just says look at me if they don't he'll just say the normal well it fell through at the last minute.

Again I say, if want to move up that much/ask Columbus to drop that much..Gallagher would seem starting point.

If not him, think of something along those lines, or Columbus would likely deal with Calgary, Buffalo or Arizona who have more to offer.

Habs simply don't have a lot to offer, unless you are thinking of trading for a later 1st round pick, which is more doable.

Again I say, if want to move up that much/ask Columbus to drop that much..Gallagher would seem starting point.

If not him, think of something along those lines, or Columbus would likely deal with Calgary, Buffalo or Arizona who have more to offer.

Habs simply don't have a lot to offer, unless you are thinking of trading for a later 1st round pick, which is more doable.

Well we aren't giving up one of the heart ans soul guys on the team.

Chicago just gave up a 21 year old who put up 35 points with Andrew Desjardins and Philip Danault as his most common linemates to get some cap space to probably spend it on Andrew Shaw.

Anything can happen at this point including 3rd for 9th and Eller.

Chicago just gave up a 21 year old who put up 35 points with Andrew Desjardins and Philip Danault as his most common linemates to get some cap space to probably spend it on Andrew Shaw.

Anything can happen at this point including 3rd for 9th and Eller.

Now that would be quite a deal.

lol.. it would take more than Eller...

I could see Columbus liking Eller.. but way more..

9, Eller, McCarron, Fucale, plus next years 1?

Why not throw in price and subban while you're at it?

Gorges was a heart/soul player. :spamafote:

He was. Very true, and I for one thought we just gave him away. We cannot do that again. Heart and soul guys are hard to come by. I don't know, the team loved him and the management didn't. do not understand why, but c'est le guerre.

good point.

Obviously not, but it simply would be darn costly to move up that far to peak Columbus's interest and outbid others.

The big Finn RWer would be quite an addition to 16-17 roster and he did tear up the world juniors... in his draft year, so just how good will he end up being?

Ha.. The actual joke is the offers people think Columbus will accept. If you want to move to 3, you gotta pay. Eller and Scherbak wont get it done

Go with it this way. Say we had the third overall pick. Wasn't so long ago we did. What would you be fine accepting a trade for?

give them the 9 and one of the guys we don't want. :nuts:

• Upvote 1

Go with it this way. Say we had the third overall pick. Wasn't so long ago we did. What would you be fine accepting a trade for?

Great question, and exactly the one we should be asking.

That said, the rumour began in the first place because apparently Columbus's management doesn't see much separation between the #3 pick and those below him. If we thought we could get a player of similar potential to Galchenyuk with, say, the #7 pick, then trading down would indeed make sense if you could pick up additional assets in the process. So the real thought experiment should be, 'if you thought you could get a player roughly comparable to the #3 pick by trading down, would you?' And in that case it makes sense if the package is right.

Guest Stogey24

Ya, there were Rumours that Columbus really liked Brown and didn't see puljujarvi becoming a centre in his career.

Yes, but drafting for position seems is not recommended way to go...best player available, unless have two equally ranked kids ( e.g. Habs with Price and Marc Staal, flip a coin situation)

But you would think the Finn GM would kinda lean towards drafting a possible Finn superstar, or maybe he knows something he isn't so keen on with Puljajari?

Yes, but drafting for position seems is not recommended way to go...best player available, unless have two equally ranked kids ( e.g. Habs with Price and Marc Staal, flip a coin situation)

But you would think the Finn GM would kinda lean towards drafting a possible Finn superstar, or maybe he knows something he isn't so keen on with Puljajari?

I doubt the Finn thing matters a whit. Any GM worth his salt wants to win, not to pander to nativist sentiments.

I agree with the BPA philosophy, but I don't think it's universally accepted as the best route in every instance - especially if there is no clear-cut 'best player' in a given group of prospects. Could be that CBJ thinks 'positionally' in this case.