Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Knowing what a fan of Habs coaching and management, I didn't want to start an argument

Oh...its on! kidding.

4 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Weber, Danault, Smith Pelly, etc. Don't be frightened, DON, I'm not asserting this as absolute fact. Just a theory.

Unhealthily added Danault and Shaw, you might be alone on that. Not sure what Pelly and Weber have to do with Chicago, but like you said basically a theory you pulled out of thin air, so not meant to make much sense I suppose.:spamafote:

27 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

This rumor may carry more weight than any trade rumor if true:

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-news-incriminating-information-concerning-carey-price

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/carey-price-snaps-at-practice-after-shocking-rumors-of-incriminating-video-surface

It would certainly explain Price having sucked for an extended period better than just being displeased with Therrien.

4221396001_5278381352001_5278375061001-v

Just to add to the Pateryn tweet posted in the NYR game thread, word is Pateryn is available because Habs brass didn't like his overly candid comments about Therrien after the firing, ("Felt like someone was constantly breathing down my neck") and also his wife tweeted out in an apparent reaction to Julien being hired, "Different day, same French ######" (which has since been deleted.) 

Doubt he'll fetch much of a return, but also doubt he'll still be on the Habs 8 days from now. 

A link to evidence of the tweet for those interested: http://imgur.com/HvzXc6N

2 hours ago, sbhatt said:

This rumor may carry more weight than any trade rumor if true:

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-news-incriminating-information-concerning-carey-price

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/carey-price-snaps-at-practice-after-shocking-rumors-of-incriminating-video-surface

It would certainly explain Price having sucked for an extended period better than just being displeased with Therrien.

Coming from Claude Poirier, it probably isn't true. 

6 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Just to add to the Pateryn tweet posted in the NYR game thread, word is Pateryn is available because Habs brass didn't like his overly candid comments about Therrien after the firing, ("Felt like someone was constantly breathing down my neck") and also his wife tweeted out in an apparent reaction to Julien being hired, "Different day, same French ######" (which has since been deleted.) 

Doubt he'll fetch much of a return, but also doubt he'll still be on the Habs 8 days from now. 

A link to evidence of the tweet for those interested: http://imgur.com/HvzXc6N

These are not reasons for dumping an asset. 

10 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

These are not reasons for dumping an asset. 

It is in Montreal.  Remember we are talking about a franchise that gave away carbo AND through in Conroy because he gave the bird to a photographer. 

30 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

It is in Montreal.  Remember we are talking about a franchise that gave away carbo AND through in Conroy because he gave the bird to a photographer. 

Conroy was a throw-in to the Turgeon deal, which happened two seasons later. Carbo for Five Games Montgomery was a 1 for 1.

And word is that Pateryn is on the trade block after what his girlfriend said. Can't recall who reported it. It's why he's in the lineup.

5 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Conroy was a throw-in to the Turgeon deal, which happened two seasons later. Carbo for Five Games Montgomery was a 1 for 1.

And word is that Pateryn is on the trade block after what his girlfriend said. Can't recall who reported it. It's why he's in the lineup.

Thanks for the correction.  Both were incredibly stupid trades that were part of gutting the habs in the mid 90's and have the habs management resemble the Harold Ballard leafs.

21 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Frank Seravelli of TSN reported it. 

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

OOOOOH tell me ,tell me do what did his girlfriend say that pissed off MB. I hope we have not actually stooped to the level of trading guys over what their piece of tail of the week says.

34 minutes ago, habs rule said:

OOOOOH tell me ,tell me do what did his girlfriend say that pissed off MB. I hope we have not actually stooped to the level of trading guys over what their piece of tail of the week says.

In fairness, its his wife. 

Not that we should be trading guys based on what the wife says, but she's not the flavor of the week. 

My point on this is that we should be focusing on the asset, not irrelevant crap, when making personnel decisions. Like Habs29, I have no respect for moves motivated by ego or childishness.

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

My point on this is that we should be focusing on the asset, not irrelevant crap, when making personnel decisions. Like Habs29, I have no respect for moves motivated by ego or childishness.

I agreed with you; i just didn't like the H-R implying that this was just some random girl... she is his wife. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I agreed with you; i just didn't like the H-R implying that this was just some random girl... she is his wife. 

!st of all obviously would not have said that if the rumour that was on here was his wife. They said it was his girlfriend, a lot of difference. Let's be fair here garbage in garbage out. Also no one has yet to say what she said.

well isn't she just a wonderful young lady.  I take it she doesn't like Montreal. Or the habs for that matter. I have to assume that MT talked to Greg and it wasn't just her. I take it Greg wants out, which is too bad cause I liked how he played. This is going to have a big impact on his career and not in a positive way.  Hello ice caps here comes Pateryn. Far as I am concerned, waive him and if he clear, leave him in the minors till his contract  expires. Back to buses and hot dogs, my friend.

47 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Nice wife.  What an idiotic thing to do to any professional in the public eye.  

Brutal. If Pateryn wants to stay here, he should probably issue a statement expressing his love of Montreal and his profound regret over his wife's misplaced 'attempt at humour.' If, on the other hand, that's how they talk in the Pateryn household, then maybebI should rethink my earlier stance about dumping him, because we probably don't need anti-French bigots in the Habs dressing room.

The funny thing is Pateryn seems kinda popular with the RDS crowd. 

14 hours ago, Commandant said:

In fairness, its his wife. 

Not that we should be trading guys based on what the wife says, but she's not the flavor of the week. 

Hell now that I know what she said I have even less respect for her. She is ruining her husbands career. Was she  drunk when she went on this tirade.I hope she gets the help she needs. Obviously a disturbed individual. Jack Nicklaus once said the only 2 things he wanted his caddy to do were to carry his bag and tell him he was the greatest golfer in the world.  Hockey wives should adopt that as their motto.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

Hell now that I know what she said I have even less respect for her. She is ruining her husbands career. Was she  drunk when she went on this tirade.I hope she gets the help she needs. Obviously a disturbed individual. Jack Nicklaus once said the only 2 things he wanted his caddy to do were to carry his bag and tell him he was the greatest golfer in the world.  Hockey wives should adopt that as their motto.

Keep em barefoot and pregnant!

37 minutes ago, DON said:

Keep em barefoot and pregnant!

Well let me ask you, would your wife write a letter to your employer calling them all sorts of names and swearing at them. Mine sure as hell wouldn't. Barefoot and pregnant don't have anything to do with it. Don't ruin you husband's very lucrative job with insane ramblings. That would be the point.

25 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Well let me ask you, would your wife write a letter to your employer calling them all sorts of names and swearing at them. Mine sure as hell wouldn't. Barefoot and pregnant don't have anything to do with it. Don't ruin you husband's very lucrative job with insane ramblings. That would be the point.

Relax, just goofing around.