Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

(He has a few other tweets, suggesting that they're not trying to get rid of him and that if a move is likely, Galchenyuk would likely wait to initiate contract talks until he's dealt.)

McKenzie also has Derek Stepan as being out there in trade talks and I've speculated before that he would be the type of centre Bergevin would likely target, defensively responsible with steady mid-50 point production.  (And yes, though it will be an unpopular opinion, I could see Galchenyuk being moved in a deal for Stepan.)

I could see a Galchenyuk and Beaulieu deal for Stepan, Skjei and their 1st

Chucky for Step straight up is not happening

Crazy. but i'd do the deal, then try to swap 21 and 25 to move up and take Maker. 

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

(He has a few other tweets, suggesting that they're not trying to get rid of him and that if a move is likely, Galchenyuk would likely wait to initiate contract talks until he's dealt.)

McKenzie also has Derek Stepan as being out there in trade talks and I've speculated before that he would be the type of centre Bergevin would likely target, defensively responsible with steady mid-50 point production.  (And yes, though it will be an unpopular opinion, I could see Galchenyuk being moved in a deal for Stepan.)

I am hearing a lot of Galchenyuk for Drouin rumours circling as well. While Johnathan is a winger and we need a centre more than anything, I would prefer Drouin to Stepan if they do indeed intend on moving Chucky.

7 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I am hearing a lot of Galchenyuk for Drouin rumours circling as well. While Johnathan is a winger and we need a centre more than anything, I would prefer Drouin to Stepan if they do indeed intend on moving Chucky.

Ha haaaa, yeah, that's just what we need - another pointless lateral move!! Sadly, I can just see it :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Scott462 said:

I'm not sure why TB does that deal.  They have cap issues and galchenyuk is getting more money.  Most of the TB rumours about drouin I've heard are for  a dman.

im sure it's probably the French media beating  the drouin drums 

id do Beaulieu, julson and 1st for drouin, but not chucky

5 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Chucky for Drouin is fair. 

Chucky + 1st is not. 

But it doesn't solve our problem at centre.

52 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, a completely pointless trade. At best it's a way for teams to trade 'problems'

Can we just trade GM's??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Yeah, a completely pointless trade. At best it's a way for teams to trade 'problems'

Not arguing that I would make the trade out of the blue but when Tampa made the final the other year, Drouin was the best player on the ice for many of their games. Not to mention those games had a lot of star power as they faced Detroit, Montreal, New York and Chicago in the final. He ended with 14 points in 19 games but I remember him standing out.

I guess Chucky has been our best player in many games as well though. He had a boat load of game winners this year. 

I would only trade Galchenyuk for a center coming back but I think the value here isn't bad. 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Not that I'm advocating for this by any stretch but here are a few theories as to why they could be interested (if there's anything to this):

- If Galchenyuk's agent indicates he's likely to file for arbitration and a short-term deal, that will take him within a year of UFA status which gives him a lot of leverage in contract talks moving forward.  Drouin still has four years of team control.  With four RFA years versus two, a long-term deal should come in cheaper for Drouin than Galchenyuk.

- Drouin has played a little bit of centre in the past - maybe they envision that he could make the transition now. 

- Drouin doesn't hesitate to shoot - he's more of a pure trigger man than Galchenyuk who tends to look for the more creative play at times.  Montreal doesn't exactly have a lot of pure shooters at any position up front so this may be of interest to them.

19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Not that I'm advocating for this by any stretch but here are a few theories as to why they could be interested (if there's anything to this):

- If Galchenyuk's agent indicates he's likely to file for arbitration and a short-term deal, that will take him within a year of UFA status which gives him a lot of leverage in contract talks moving forward.  Drouin still has four years of team control.  With four RFA years versus two, a long-term deal should come in cheaper for Drouin than Galchenyuk.

- Drouin has played a little bit of centre in the past - maybe they envision that he could make the transition now. 

- Drouin doesn't hesitate to shoot - he's more of a pure trigger man than Galchenyuk who tends to look for the more creative play at times.  Montreal doesn't exactly have a lot of pure shooters at any position up front so this may be of interest to them.

But why would TB want to make this deal?  They are loaded at centre, need to dump salary and need help on defence.  Only way this makes sense for them is a 3 way deal 

Just now, Commandant said:

Some people think Drouin can be a centre. 

Maybe.  But we have a centre who are braintrust doesn't think can play centre.  I guess to them it would be logical that a natural centre can't play centre, but I can seeing them having the ego to think they can convert a natural winger to be a number one centre.

7 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

But why would TB want to make this deal?  They are loaded at centre, need to dump salary and need help on defence.  Only way this makes sense for them is a 3 way deal 

I don't think Tampa would be looking at Galchenyuk as a centre but rather a winger.  (I don't think Montreal is the only team league-wide that has doubts about Galchenyuk down the middle.)  I agree though, he doesn't make a lot of sense given their roster and cap issues.

I saw Chuck and Drouin as near equal value... and then we heard a first is involved.... so maybe there is something more going on here. 

Chuck + Beaulieu + 1st for Drouin + Johnson

Or something???