Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Dreger now reporting (after Pierre LeBrun yesterday) that the Devils have interest in Galchenyuk.

This one puzzles me. To the naked eye, they only have three pieces that could interest the Habs:

-#1 overall, of which the player selected might not be NHL ready next year.

-Pavel Zacha, who played left wing last year and got 25 points in a decent rookie year.

-Adam Henrique, a solid #1B/#2 center.

They don't have much in the prospect pool. Don't see a deal happening that is a win for the Habs.

16 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Dreger now reporting (after Pierre LeBrun yesterday) that the Devils have interest in Galchenyuk.

This one puzzles me. To the naked eye, they only have three pieces that could interest the Habs:

-#1 overall, of which the player selected might not be NHL ready next year.

-Pavel Zacha, who played left wing last year and got 25 points in a decent rookie year.

-Adam Henrique, a solid #1B/#2 center.

They don't have much in the prospect pool. Don't see a deal happening that is a win for the Habs.

and Kovalchuk ;)

3 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

and Kovalchuk ;)

Kovalchuk actually can't sign until July 1st and has to be moved in a sign-and-trade agreement so he couldn't officially be part of any trade in the next week or so.

Guest Stogey24

Man oh man. Galchenyuk rumours are swirling like crazy. Every team seems to be in on him. Maybe that should tell you something Marc... 

10 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Man oh man. Galchenyuk rumours are swirling like crazy. Every team seems to be in on him. Maybe that should tell you something Marc... 

Yeah it means either keep him or get a top line centre for him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, zumpano21 said:

27 strikes me as a little immature.

The work ethic isn't quite there. Dates strippers....

Those things will disappear with time. Let the boy grow up and give us a Cup.

Isn't it "full contact" in Montreal? You would think he could just pay for it.

1 minute ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Isn't it "full contact" in Montreal? You would think he could just pay for it.

If you read the reviews on Yelp, all the reviews from the Americanos are usually gushing.

They do things differently in La Belle Province 

Just now, zumpano21 said:

If you read the reviews on Yelp, all the reviews from the Americanos are usually gushing.

They do things differently in La Belle Province 

Maybe that's part of the maturity issue? He's dumb enough to make it into "a dinner thing."

17 minutes ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Maybe that's part of the maturity issue? He's dumb enough to make it into "a dinner thing."

Barry bonds married a Montreal stripper.  I didn't see the pirates rushing to trade him.  He was still a 40-40 guy, or becoming the greatest hitter of his generation and breaking the all time HR mark steroids aside)

29 minutes ago, Habs owned the 70's said:

Yeah it means either keep him or get a top line centre for him.

Top line centre and a decent lh defenceman.

Guest Stogey24
23 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Barry bonds married a Montreal stripper.  I didn't see the pirates rushing to trade him.  He was still a 40-40 guy, or becoming the greatest hitter of his generation and breaking the all time HR mark steroids aside)

Maybe it's time for this team to just focus on winning and keeping talented players, instead of shipping them out everytime one of them is human being for even a second 

4 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Top line centre and a decent lh defenceman.

Your silly!

You want a 1st round pick, unlimited rounds of golf at Augusta, lifetime free beer and pizza in return as well?:B)

19 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Maybe it's time for this team to just focus on winning and keeping talented players, instead of shipping them out everytime one of them is human being for even a second 

No kidding. So tired of this Montreal Team Vanilla PR-related bullsh*t.

Guest Stogey24
1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

No kidding. So tired of this Montreal Team Vanilla PR-related bullsh*t.

Can't all be Robo Max 

38 minutes ago, DON said:

Your silly!

You want a 1st round pick, unlimited rounds of golf at Augusta, lifetime free beer and pizza in return as well?:B)

We can skip the pizza. but the rest is all good. You obviously do not realize how good galchenyuk can be. Also you have to quit consulting with you uncle Michel.

this Galchenyuk stuff scares the crap out of me, smells like Tyler Seguin after the trade from Boston. And I don't want to be scratching my head when this kid explodes with 70 point seasons in his mid twenties.

5 minutes ago, tyberius67 said:

this Galchenyuk stuff scares the crap out of me, smells like Tyler Seguin after the trade from Boston. And I don't want to be scratching my head when this kid explodes with 70 point seasons in his mid twenties.

He doesn't have the same ceiling. At his age, Seguin already had two PPG seasons and a Stanley Cup.

What I'm grappling with here is that Galchenyuk had his best year, and the best part of that season when the Habs were almost a lottery team. I think he's a 20/50 winger. He's barely a first liner and he's lousy on the other side of the puck. If NJ will trade Severenson and the #1 overall for him and Petry, I take it in a heartbeat.

35 minutes ago, habs rule said:

We can skip the pizza. but the rest is all good. You obviously do not realize how good galchenyuk can be. Also you have to quit consulting with you uncle Michel.

I have said 100times, I don't want to see him traded; but, people who think he can bring back both a top d and centre are overestimating his value...and Mike is doing just fine.

Just now, DON said:

I have said 100times, I don't want to see him traded; but, people who think he can bring back both a top d and centre are overestimating his value...and Mike is doing just fine.

I did not say he was worth it, I said that is what I want. I want the other stuff you threw in but I have to be reasonable. :gohabsgo:

Tiger Woods was at his best when he was banging random sluts left, right and center...I could care less if a guy is into hookers and blow on his off nights if he's producing like an all-star on game nights.  Talent and the ability to engage it during games is what matters....character is overrated.  All that character didn't produce a single goal against the Rangers, so MB can shove his misguided priority up his A** as far as I'm concerned.