Jump to content
Fanpuck33

Permanent Rumour Thread

Recommended Posts

Commandant    613
6 hours ago, sbhatt said:

It worries me to hear that we are negotiating with the Jets for Tyler Myers.  I shudder to think what MB might be willing to give up to make this happen.

 

Meh, Eklund has no credibility. 

 

Worry when someone else reports it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trizzak    458
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

 

sounds like a plan B, ala Hemsky/Radulov

 

If Markov doesn't return Habs sign Streit?

no info, just a guess on my part. 

 

That's like saying if you strike out with the hot chick at the bar, at least the ugly chick can punch you in the dick...

 

That there is no joy in this situation is what I am trying to convey here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    613
17 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

 

That's like saying if you strike out with the hot chick at the bar, at least the ugly chick can punch you in the dick...

 

That there is no joy in this situation is what I am trying to convey here.

 

I didn't say I liked it, I just gave my interpretation of this nonsensical offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

sounds like a plan B, ala Hemsky/Radulov

 

If Markov doesn't return Habs sign Streit?

no info, just a guess on my part. 

 

If Mark Streit is your Plan B, quit your job.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neech    82

It's worrisome that Markov remains unsigned.  We need that mofo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
habs rule    392
53 minutes ago, Neech said:

It's worrisome that Markov remains unsigned.  We need that mofo!

I believe he is on his honeymoon, gettin a little.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems to me hes still very much a HAB! and enjoying life and love this summer.

imagepng

 

I could of had a lot of fun in that wedding party with all those beauties...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meller93    123
2 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Wow, that almost seems like satire it's so over the top habs hahah.

 

Really hope to see him back for a year, or two at a little cheaper. I know his agent is obviously going to pump his tires, but he said Markov is a workhorse who wants to play for 3-5 more years. 

 

Ans honestly, it's the cerebral side of Markov's game that's keeping him going. Like a Nik Lidstrom lite, I could see it happening.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    258

Sign Markov and we have to most expensive d-core in the league. Not sure that's the brightest idea for a team that can't bury....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Sign Markov and we have to most expensive d-core in the league. Not sure that's the brightest idea for a team that can't bury....

 

 

The thing is, offence starts from the back end. It's not just about FWs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    258
8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

The thing is, offence starts from the back end. It's not just about FWs.

I was going to say it's a two way street with Markov.

 

The problem is now Bergevin has spent too much on Alzner(13 pts last season) to keep Markov.

 

It's just so much money spent on the back end. Especially for the quality this team is icing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
habs rule    392
2 hours ago, Meller93 said:

Wow, that almost seems like satire it's so over the top habs hahah.

 

Really hope to see him back for a year, or two at a little cheaper. I know his agent is obviously going to pump his tires, but he said Markov is a workhorse who wants to play for 3-5 more years. 

 

Ans honestly, it's the cerebral side of Markov's game that's keeping him going. Like a Nik Lidstrom lite, I could see it happening.

Markov represents himself. berezin is his advisor/trainer/water bottle carrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

id like to see them invest all or  close to all of their remaining cap on another top end forward talent preferably C. id also like to see them concentrate on McKinnon and not Dush or tavares. also maybe seeing who can be had a little cheaper because of teams cap strapped like Wash etc.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
illWill    423

I will be quite upset if Markov isn't resigned. He has been very underrated throughout his career and has often been the best player for this team. I also love seeing a player get drafted and retire with the same team. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    613
1 hour ago, Stogey24 said:

Sign Markov and we have to most expensive d-core in the league. Not sure that's the brightest idea for a team that can't bury....

 

 

Emelin 4.1 (out) Alzner 4.5 in. 

 

Markov 5.75 last year... Markov's new deal?

 

Beaulieu out 1.275 out.... Schlemko in 2.1 
 

Jerabek in, Nesterov out... money is a wash (925 on both)


Meh, its a small bit more expensive than last year, but not significantly.  Anywhere from 1 million to 2 million more depending where Markov comes in. 

 

That said. 

 

Alzner vs Emelin

Schlemko vs Beaulieu
Jerabek vs Nesterov

 

The talent is increased significantly over last year (if Markov returns)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stogey24    258

It just seems like at this point Bergevin has played his cards as if Markov isn't coming back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    613
2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

It just seems like at this point Bergevin has played his cards as if Markov isn't coming back. 

 

He's got 9 million in cap space that he hasn't used. 

 

He has 22 men on his 23 man roster filled. 

 

 

Seems to me he's leaving a lot of money, and 1 roster spot open.  He's left himself the room for Markov to come back or the room to replace him if he doesn't.  I see the cards held close to the chest, leaving him options both ways... not a guy who has played his hand yet. 

 

Thats just me though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Cody Franson? Not sure if I would want him, but Bergevin traded Gorges for him, before Gorges used his NTC. I could see Bergevin signing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commandant    613

for cheap ok. 

 

but hes a rhd, where LHD is the greater need. 

 

Though the move would flip benn to the left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dlbalr    678
5 hours ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

id like to see them invest all or  close to all of their remaining cap on another top end forward talent preferably C. id also like to see them concentrate on McKinnon and not Dush or tavares. also maybe seeing who can be had a little cheaper because of teams cap strapped like Wash etc.

2

 

The asking price for Duchene was apparently Galchenyuk, Sergachev, and a first rounder.  What would that make the price for MacKinnon, a player who has a lot more value?  That'd be what, Galchenyuk, Drouin, Pacioretty, and a 1st rounder or two?  (Don't get me wrong, that's an extreme overpayment but if the price on Duchene (someone deemed to be available) was that high, that's going to be the asking price for MacKinnon (someone who they've called untouchable).)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Though the move would flip benn to the left. 

Benn was quoted to say he prefers the right side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

The asking price for Duchene was apparently Galchenyuk, Sergachev, and a first rounder.  What would that make the price for MacKinnon, a player who has a lot more value?  That'd be what, Galchenyuk, Drouin, Pacioretty, and a 1st rounder or two?  (Don't get me wrong, that's an extreme overpayment but if the price on Duchene (someone deemed to be available) was that high, that's going to be the asking price for MacKinnon (someone who they've called untouchable).)

 

I think Sakic is going overboard. He's trying too hard to win the deal to make up for the ROR trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya and if anything Drouin is worth way more then duschene currently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link67    108

 

Shea Theodore, That is the tire we need to be kicking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
habs rule    392
1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

 

The asking price for Duchene was apparently Galchenyuk, Sergachev, and a first rounder.  What would that make the price for MacKinnon, a player who has a lot more value?  That'd be what, Galchenyuk, Drouin, Pacioretty, and a 1st rounder or two?  (Don't get me wrong, that's an extreme overpayment but if the price on Duchene (someone deemed to be available) was that high, that's going to be the asking price for MacKinnon (someone who they've called untouchable).)

That is just nuts. Sakic took one too many to the noggin. I think they should have kept Patrick and made Sakic the stick boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×