Fanpuck33

Permanent Rumour Thread

There is no evidence that guys who are fallers in the draft are better than players who didn't fall, or better than players who are rising.

For every Cam Fowler, there is a Brandon Gormley, Angelo Esposito, or John MacFarland who "inexplicably" fell in draft rankings and turned out to be busts.

There is also no proof that guys who rise late in the draft process are better or worse either. 

Suffice it to say, all we have that means anything, is where guys fell in the draft... and we know that 2 seconds is better than a pick in the 20s. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

There is no evidence that guys who are fallers in the draft are better than players who didn't fall, or better than players who are rising.

For every Cam Fowler, there is a Brandon Gormley, Angelo Esposito, or John MacFarland who "inexplicably" fell in draft rankings and turned out to be busts.

There is also no proof that guys who rise late in the draft process are better or worse either. 

Suffice it to say, all we have that means anything, is where guys fell in the draft... and we know that 2 seconds is better than a pick in the 20s. 

As someone who was vocally negative about Cam Fowler, let me be clear: If Cam Fowler didn't go to the most perfect situation for his career (his freaking last name is FOWLER) he might have busted.

Fowler didn't just get a few tips from Scott Neidermayer. He lived with Neidermayer. Neidermayer was his defensive coach and made him his number one priority for the Ducks. Neidermayer helped Fowler out on the stuff that was his biggest issue in the OHL. He used to lose track of the puck and glide on pure physical ability. Neidermayer taught him a lot about defence I didn't know was in him. I've eaten cro...fowl on that one, but at least I know why.