Jump to content
Fanpuck33

Permanent Rumour Thread

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

I'm not a huge fan of the 3 years.

 

I like the ideas I wrote about.... Spezza, Ennis, Hagelin (1 year deals) or Callahan (2 years)..... by 2020-21 I want to be ready to start competing again. 

 

Cobourn and Girardi would be another two good ones. 

 

Matt Moulson is another (1 year, $5 million), but the sabres don't need space. 

 

Kronwall and Nyquist but the Wings don't need space. 

 

Lehtera from the Flyers

 

Mason from the Jets, but we don't have room for goalies.

 

3 years doesn't bother me much. The Habs don't have many internal options who will need significant raises within the next 3 years, nor do they really have many high-level assets to be competitive in trades for big money talent.

 

Plus, I'm sure the Habs could also send back a long term contract to help balance the books. For example, the Blackhawks should be interested in getting Shaw back with his 4 x 3.9 contract if it meant getting rid of Hossa's dead cap hit of 5.275 x 3. Two mistakes get traded, but the Habs get extra assets for taking on the completely useless one.

 

Also, the market for 1-2 year contract dumps this season seems pretty weak. Nobody is in dire need of dumping dead cap like the 2016-17 Blackhawks. It seems the GMs have finally learned adequate cap management. Washington did give up a little value in the Grubauer trade by attaching Orpik to it, but it seems more like Colorado secured the trade by offering to take Orpik rather than the Caps giving up a lot to get rid of him. How many more of those deals are really out there to be made this summer? The big assets are attached to long-term dead contracts.

 

But yeah, 1-2 year contracts would be great if the market for them actually exists. That being said, I don't see Spezza, Callahan, Cobourn, Girardi, Kronwall, or Nyquist waiving their NTC's to come to Montreal, especially the guys on a contender like Callahan, Cobourn, and Girardi. I expect their desire to win a cup outweighs their desire to leave the team so they can win a cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some of those guys saddled at third line right wing (ie spezza) who scored 26 points last year might waive his ntc to get ice time and put up points for his next contract.

 

He also knows if he performs hes going to a contender at the deadline.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling it’s Tavares to Toronto. If it does happen they are going to be a pain to play against, glad we have Carey Price.

 

Should be enjoyable hockey to watch in Toronto, my Leaf fan buddies will be unbearable though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I have a feeling it’s Tavares to Toronto. If it does happen they are going to be a pain to play against, glad we have Carey Price.

 

Should be enjoyable hockey to watch in Toronto, my Leaf fan buddies will be unbearable though.

If it happens the Leafs will need to shed salary.  Time for Bergevin to pounce for one his famous bargain bin deals (not being sarcastic).  They don't happen as often as they used to, but he's has to be due for a good one. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, John B said:

If it happens the Leafs will need to shed salary.  Time for Bergevin to pounce for one his famous bargain bin deals (not being sarcastic).  They don't happen as often as they used to, but he's has to be due for a good one. ;)

If that happens I wouldn't mind trying to get Brown from Toronto. Hes being wasted playing on there bottom lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, John B said:

If it happens the Leafs will need to shed salary.  Time for Bergevin to pounce for one his famous bargain bin deals (not being sarcastic).  They don't happen as often as they used to, but he's has to be due for a good one. ;)

 

They don't need to cut salary for him...yet.  They have the cap room this year with Marner/Matthews on ELCs.  Next summer would be a different story though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Pierre Lebrun, Habs will announce Plekanec signing at noon EST, 1-year deal.

 

Centre depth chart for 2019 will officially be:

 

Drouin

Danault

Plekanec

De La Rose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danault

drouin

DeLaRose

Evans

Plekanec

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Danault

drouin

DeLaRose

Evans

Plekanec

1

 

Plekanec isn't signing to be a healthy scratch nor is Evans going to start in the NHL.  He's coming off a pretty big surgery and they'll want him to start in the minors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this going to be the only UFA signing? Man see what JvR got from the flyers wow.

 

If he doesn't cost too much I wouldn't mind getting Reily Nash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curse the networks.  I live in a university dive so the building has no TV/Cable facilities (no wiring) and it's a fortune for the companies to install all the wiring innards.  I wish I could find a stream to watch the UFA frenzy.  And it's not worthwhile to throw money at Bell for access because I will fail to watch over 95% of what I pay for. The world is changing TSN.  People are cutting the cable but what do I expect.  I worked for those jerks.  All they care about is money.

 

Any who, the TSN radio networks are all airing the World Cup except for http://www.iheartradio.ca/tsn/tsn-vancouver-1040?autoplay=1.1748196 Vancouver if anyone needs at least audio access.

 

Is Tavares going to ruin UFA day?  Apparently all teams or most are in a holding pattern waiting for the JT hammer to fall.  Sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why on earth do you resign Pleks? 

 

The definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

 

What happened to getting younger, faster and more talented? 

 

Must be character and attitude

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Plekanec isn't signing to be a healthy scratch nor is Evans going to start in the NHL.  He's coming off a pretty big surgery and they'll want him to start in the minors.

I know that... your missing the point though... Julien just said he’d be giving the kids a larger role this coming season and now they turn around and sign plex which is 2 steps backwards I believe. I don’t want plex taking any minutes away from DeLaRose. DelaRose is younger bigger faster and prime to take the next step in his career after playing a role with Sweden in WC. 

 

I get it we need depth at C but we need top end talent not  bottom 6 talent. The only benefit to this deal is pleckys chance to hit 1000 games and points milestones.

 

jake Evans will be back skating by early to mid August from sport hernia... he is closer to being ready then we all think. He’s not 18... he’s 22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind Pleks in a utility player position which he is fairly good at.  Given our cap space it's no big deal provided he doesn't get overpaid by too much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Metallica said:

So is this going to be the only UFA signing? Man see what JvR got from the flyers wow.

 

If he doesn't cost too much I wouldn't mind getting Reily Nash.

 

Reports were he was going to Vancouver but reports also had Stastny staying in Winnipeg and now word is he's completing a contract with Vegas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

I know that... your missing the point though... Julien just said he’d be giving the kids a larger role this coming season and now they turn around and sign plex which is 2 steps backwards I believe. I don’t want plex taking any minutes away from DeLaRose. DelaRose is younger bigger faster and prime to take the next step in his career after playing a role with Sweden in WC. 

 

I get it we need depth at C but we need top end talent not  bottom 6 talent. The only benefit to this deal is pleckys chance to hit 1000 games and points milestones.

 

jake Evans will be back skating by early to mid August from sport hernia... he is closer to being ready then we all think. He’s not 18... he’s 22.

 

Even though Julien said that, I still suspect there were some assurances made to Plekanec for his role.  Among those is that he won't be the #5 centre.

 

As for Evans, I've seen enough of him to confidently say he is not NHL ready yet.  He is much better served playing a top-six role in Laval for the first half of the season than playing eight minutes a night in Montreal.  If all goes well, he'll be in the mix at some point but that's not going to be in September/October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

 

Reports were he was going to Vancouver but reports also had Stastny staying in Winnipeg and now word is he's completing a contract with Vegas.

They just signed a center in Beagle so don't think he goes to Vancouver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to NHL network, Statsny deal done to Vegas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

Even though Julien said that, I still suspect there were some assurances made to Plekanec for his role.  Among those is that he won't be the #5 centre.

 

As for Evans, I've seen enough of him to confidently say he is not NHL ready yet.  He is much better served playing a top-six role in Laval for the first half of the season than playing eight minutes a night in Montreal.  If all goes well, he'll be in the mix at some point but that's not going to be in September/October.

I understand all that... and I have no prob with Evans starting in Laval to start the seAson to work his way into the line up after an off season  surgery. I also believe/think if he came out of last season unscathed he’d be in the opening day line up this coming season. He to could of possibly been given the same type of assurances as plex to have him sign on with us! Ramage spent a lot of time this season watching and staying close Evans!

I cant see why countless NCAA players have transitioned to the NHL after there college careers are completed... most recently Willy butcher and Evans can’t considering he was one of the best C’s in college. But to each his own I guess.

 

My beef will be if plex plays ahead of DelaRose... I think at this point Danault and delarose should definitively be ahead of plex! Ideally we should be signing a C and moving Drouin back to wing....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MB and company are just smarter than everyone else. 

 

i mean, last year they said Drouin is not an NHL center, and i'm thinking he'll  be the #1 center as it looks now. 

 

I'm just not smart enough to understand the brillance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RDS has the Habs no longer pursuing Ryan O'Reilly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

RDS has the Habs no longer pursuing Ryan O'Reilly.

 

 

 

So be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TSN just reported Tavares not going back to NYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2018 at 9:39 AM, dlbalr said:

 

No.  He didn't play well in Arizona the last couple of years, didn't play well in Chicago after they traded for him, and there are attitude concerns as well.  He's not going to be good enough to play in the top six and his weaknesses make him too much of a liability to play in the bottom six.  I think going to the KHL would be the best move for him to be honest.

 

Duclair - Drouin connection 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/3727/lac-st-louis-lions/2010-2011?tab=stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×