Jump to content
Fanpuck33

Permanent Rumour Thread

Recommended Posts

 

10 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Bob McKenzie reports Bergevin has let it be known to the other 30 GMs he would like to trade a forward, and trade one soon. 

 

No players were specifically mentioned, but it looks like a trade is more likely than someone getting waived. 

Maybe we can trade Drouin for a top 4 d-man... :quebec:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

 

Maybe we can trade Drouin for a top 4 d-man... :quebec:

 

Doubtful, but it's just possible - and would be worth pursuing if the chance came up; but of course the optics would be so horrible that it wouldn't happen even if a great deal materializes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Doubtful, but it's just possible - and would be worth pursuing if the chance came up; but of course the optics would be so horrible that it wouldn't happen even if a great deal materializes.

I was being a dick. He was already dealt for one to come to Montreal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

I was being a dick. He was already dealt for one to come to Montreal. 

 

Oh, I know. But looked at objectively, trading him for a top-4 d-man would be a good move organizationally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Oh, I know. But looked at objectively, trading him for a top-4 d-man would be a good move organizationally.

Definetly.

 

We have a forward group that are all basically the same player.

 

I just cannot see how this team puts the puck in the net more this season, than last 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Oh, I know. But looked at objectively, trading him for a top-4 d-man would be a good move organizationally.

 

Sergachev for Drouin for...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

 

Sergachev for Drouin for...

No one will give you a top 4 for Drouin....he is starting to look like alexander dagel...lots of talent but can't put it together.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard09 said:

No one will give you a top 4 for Drouin....he is starting to look like alexander dagel...lots of talent but can't put it together.

 

Lol this is getting a bit silly. 

 

Drouin just needs to get some confidence back and he will start putting up points.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott462 said:

 

Lol this is getting a bit silly. 

 

Drouin just needs to get some confidence back and he will start putting up points.

 

I hope you're right. But remember, he had a shi**y season last year and is picking up right where he left off. Until he actually starts playing well - if he ever does - it is quite reasonable to express concern about him. Beyond that, if he fails to become a legitimate top-line player, that trade will be sheer folly, just another case of Habs management crapping the bed on major trades.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think confidence is Drouin's problem

 

They will also have to start moving some defenseman in the near future, with Weber and Schlemko coming back in the next couple of months. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris said:

I dont think confidence is Drouin's problem

 

 

 

His problem is the 'Galchenyuk' problem - and I don't mean substance abuse, but rather that he still thinks like a junior player, trying to deke out the whole team single-handedly rather than seeing the ice, managing time and space, and using his teammates. At the NHL level this is a recipe for ineffectiveness. He's 23 and going into his third pro season...he's still young, but for him to still be trapped in this mindset is a bit unsettling. Some guys never do figure it out.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

His problem is the 'Galchenyuk' problem - and I don't mean substance abuse, but rather that he still thinks like a junior player, trying to deke out the whole team single-handedly rather than seeing the ice, managing time and space, and using his teammates. At the NHL level this is a recipe for ineffectiveness. He's 23 and going into his third pro season...he's still young, but for him to still be trapped in this mindest isva bit unsettling. Some guys never do figure it out.

His problem is he thinks he is entitled to be a superstar without working for it.  That has always been his problem that his why he refused to go to the minors before. After 5 years of being in the league he has not gotten it. So I have little hope he ever will.  MB was dumb to make that trade, especilly after he gave up Subban for an older defence man. It will take another 6 years to recover from MB

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

I hope you're right. But remember, he had a shi**y season last year and is picking up right where he left off. Until he actually starts playing well - if he ever does - it is quite reasonable to express concern about him. Beyond that, if he fails to become a legitimate top-line player, that trade will be sheer folly, just another case of Habs management crapping the bed on major trades.

 

Kid looked great tonight boy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Le Brun was saying last night that Buffalo had offered Montreal o' Reilly for the third overall pick. Bergevin said no. They then offered O'Reilly for a second and Poehling. Obviously Bergevin said no again.... 

 

This is probably old news, but it's the first I've heard of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 2:09 PM, Richard09 said:

His problem is he thinks he is entitled to be a superstar without working for it.  That has always been his problem that his why he refused to go to the minors before. After 5 years of being in the league he has not gotten it. So I have little hope he ever will. 

 

Drouin has three goals and three assists in the last five games. Maybe there is hope for him yet. But five games is too short a time to make that conclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tomh009 said:

 

Drouin has three goals and three assists in the last five games. Maybe there is hope for him yet. But five games is too short a time to make that conclusion.

5 games is early.  The issue with him is his work without the puck.  If he can pull that together then he will be solid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard09 said:

5 games is early.  The issue with him is his work without the puck.  If he can pull that together then he will be solid. 

 

His work without the puck yesterday was probably his best game I’ve seen him play in that regard. He was back checking and breaking up plays all night.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elliotte Friedman said on Saturday Headlines that he believes Bergevin is trying to trade a defenseman in preparation of Weber coming back soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Elliotte Friedman said on Saturday Headlines that he believes Bergevin is trying to trade a defenseman in preparation of Weber coming back soon. 

 

Bye schlemko 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 12:27 PM, Richard09 said:

5 games is early.  The issue with him is his work without the puck.  If he can pull that together then he will be solid. 

 

Drouin now has 17 points in 20 games. Only +0 but when you compare that to his 2017-2018 number (46 points and -28) it's a huge improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Commandant said:

Bye schlemko 

 

With one more year on his contract, I don't think there will be teams lining up for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

With one more year on his contract, I don't think there will be teams lining up for him. 

 

Even if salary is retained?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Even if salary is retained?

1

 

That might help but is that something the Habs want to do?  Would they not be better off just waiving him and sending him to the minors rather than retaining at 50% to move him?  It's almost the same cap hit with him buried than it is with 50% retention and at least by burying him, they'd have the ability to bring him back if injuries strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They would be far better off demoting Alzner, but unless Bergevin can work some trade magic again, I think it more likely that Mete goes to Laval and Alzner remains in the press box most nights 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×