Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

2 hours ago, Habopotamus said:

What type of player do you think they would take back 

Someone with the same number of years left with the retention covering up the difference.  For example, let's pick a guy from one of the teams in the tweet.  The Islanders seem like the most realistic of the four.  It wouldn't be Ladd who's signed longer and is more expensive but maybe someone like Leo Komarov who makes $3 million and is signed for the same term.  The Habs then retain $1.625 million to make it cap-neutral for the Islanders. 

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Someone with the same number of years left with the retention covering up the difference.  For example, let's pick a guy from one of the teams in the tweet.  The Islanders seem like the most realistic of the four.  It wouldn't be Ladd who's signed longer and is more expensive but maybe someone like Leo Komarov who makes $3 million and is signed for the same term.  The Habs then retain $1.625 million to make it cap-neutral for the Islanders. 

Well if you look at those teams and look at the type of players Bergevin goes for plus add the same type of salary, then names of players per team could be this

Dallas--- theres no one that match's the contract or type of player so no deal with them 

Colorado-- theres soderberg (2 years left and 4.75 mil) or cole (3 years left at 4.25mil)

NYI--- theres clutterbuck (4 years left at 3.5mil) that's about it there.

Toronto-- I don't really see them taking Alzner since they got there own cap issues with there young guys unless they offer us Zaitsev but he has 6 years left at 4.25mil.

So the only real deal I see Bergevin doing would be with Colorado Alzner for Cole.

Again that's just with those teams in that tweet and factoring in the same type of contract and type of player Bergevin goes for.

On 11/30/2018 at 11:07 AM, Metallica said:

Well if you look at those teams and look at the type of players Bergevin goes for plus add the same type of salary, then names of players per team could be this

Dallas--- theres no one that match's the contract or type of player so no deal with them 

Martin Hanzal for Karl Alzner would work for me. 

Hanzal has similar money but shorter term. 

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

Martin Hanzal for Karl Alzner would work for me. 

Hanzal has similar money but shorter term. 

I don't think we are in a big need for a center anymore, so I don't think Hanzal is a  need.

1 hour ago, Metallica said:

I don't think we are in a big need for a center anymore, so I don't think Hanzal is a  need.

The upside to the trade is more shedding the contract earlier than it is filling a need.  The odds of dealing Alzner and getting a roster upgrade back are pretty slim.

He hasnt played a game this year, spinal fusion surgery.

The point of the deal is to get free of the cap hit 2 years earlier

Who cares if its Hanzal on the fourth line (or in the AHL) or if its Alzner in the AHL

The point is that you can be out from the deal sooner

33 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Does Schlemko have any value? A 4th rounder? A 5th?

The Habs got him for a 5th from Vegas so I'd imagine his value is around that spot - maybe a 4th given that there isn't as much of a long-term commitment left on his deal.  I wonder if Dallas would consider Methot plus a small incentive for Schlemko (Methot's out indefinitely and there are serious questions as to whether he'll be able to play at an NHL level when he gets back).  Dallas gets cap relief for this season, the Habs clear the roster logjam for now at least and some money for next season and get a pick/AHL help for their troubles.

23 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Of course they are... we play Minny tomorrow

His name has been in rumours for a few weeks now - he was linked to Boston late last month.  Coyle's having a rough year and the Habs have shown interest in him in the past.  My understanding is that the Habs nixed an offer of Coyle for the draft pick used to take Poehling back in 2017, a non-move that looks pretty good at the moment.

20 hours ago, dlbalr said:

His name has been in rumours for a few weeks now - he was linked to Boston late last month.  Coyle's having a rough year and the Habs have shown interest in him in the past.  My understanding is that the Habs nixed an offer of Coyle for the draft pick used to take Poehling back in 2017, a non-move that looks pretty good at the moment.

i was just busting them... with that said, i cannot see MB making any deal for a forward who isn't a massive upgrade to the forward corps

• 5 weeks later...

Considering the Habs are in St. Louis tonight, this could solely be related to that but Montreal has had two scouts at two of the last three Blues home games.  I know Bergevin said he wouldn't go after rentals but I think he meant more of impact rentals that would cost a key part of the future.  St. Louis has a couple of d-men I could see Bergevin being interested in if it's a low cost (Gunnarsson/Bouwmeester).

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, dlbalr said:

Considering the Habs are in St. Louis tonight, this could solely be related to that but Montreal has had two scouts at two of the last three Blues home games.  I know Bergevin said he wouldn't go after rentals but I think he meant more of impact rentals that would cost a key part of the future.  St. Louis has a couple of d-men I could see Bergevin being interested in if it's a low cost (Gunnarsson/Bouwmeester).

Assuming Mete levels up and sticks as Weber's partner, Bouwmeester could work for Petry. Have Kulak and Reilly platoon as the 6-7 guys on the 3rd pairing with Benn (or Juulsen.)

I don't hate it. 

Edit: Cost has got to be really low though. Bouwmeester's playoff performances have been iffy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Assuming Mete levels up and sticks as Weber's partner, Bouwmeester could work for Petry. Have Kulak and Reilly platoon as the 6-7 guys on the 3rd pairing with Benn (or Juulsen.)

I don't hate it. 

Edit: Cost has got to be really low though. Bouwmeester's playoff performances have been iffy. 

My kind of trade, hope it happens

I sit tight and throw a big chunk of cap space at Jake Gardiner on July 1st. 

Maybe try a Hudon trade where you get someone like a Brett Kulak who is buried on a depth chart. 

I would move Jordie Benn for a pick. 

I would try to clear Schlemko's contract if there is any interest (doubtful) even for a late pick.