Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

On 1/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, dlbalr said:

Considering the Habs are in St. Louis tonight, this could solely be related to that but Montreal has had two scouts at two of the last three Blues home games.  I know Bergevin said he wouldn't go after rentals but I think he meant more of impact rentals that would cost a key part of the future.  St. Louis has a couple of d-men I could see Bergevin being interested in if it's a low cost (Gunnarsson/Bouwmeester).

St. Louis had three scouts at the Montreal-Boston game last night.  (It's worth noting that they've been linked to Boston in trade talks as well so their contingent may have been keeping an eye on the Bruins over the Habs.)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Metallica said:

Everyone but CG is available says flyers GM.  What would a package of Couturier/Provorov cost?

Danault/Mete and a 2nd round pick 

For

Couturier/Provorov?

That package wouldnt get one of those players never mind both 

4 hours ago, Metallica said:

Everyone but CG is available says flyers GM.  What would a package of Couturier/Provorov cost?

For

Couturier/Provorov?

You better have some kind of Folder with some VERY good blackmail material in it to get that trade even off the ground.

As fine a player as Giroulx is, it still seems odd that a 31-year-old is singled out as a team's sole untouchable by the GM.  It illustrates, I suppose, ownership's inability to think beyond quick fixes; they want to CONTEND NOW :rolleyes: Just goes to show, there's no cure for stupid.

On 2019-01-28 at 2:58 PM, Metallica said:

For

Couturier/Provorov?

That would be a great trade for the Canadiens. Not sure why Philly would do it unless Fletcher wants to join Chiarelli on the permanent ‘ do not hire as a GM’ list. 

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

As fine a player as Giroulx is, it still seems odd that a 31-year-old is singled out as a team's sole untouchable by the GM.  It illustrates, I suppose, ownership's inability to think beyond quick fixes; they want to CONTEND NOW :rolleyes: Just goes to show, there's no cure for stupid.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

unknown author

Per Darren Dreger, the Habs have previously kicked tires on Andre Burakovsky.  He's really struggling this season but a couple of years ago was a pretty good player for Washington.  However, the last I saw, the asking price was a 2nd and a 3rd which is steep for a player who probably isn't going to be qualified in June.  I wonder if they'll circle back if (when) the price drops.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/sekeres-price-january-29-hour-3-1.1249182

From Elliotte Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

9. Montreal GM Marc Bergevin watched Anaheim in Winnipeg and Toronto. He doesn’t tip his hand, but I think he’s looking at forward depth. Bergevin has said he won’t give up futures, which takes him away from the Ducks’ prime assets. The Canadiens may also have checked out Dallas’s Brett Ritchie.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-auston-matthews-extension-game-changer-nhl/

I said earlier. I'd love to get Jacob Larsson, a defenceman buried on Anaheim's depth chart.   I think it could be similar (and perhaps even better) than adding Kulak

They need forwards, perhaps they bite on a Hudon + pick for him. 

29 minutes ago, PMAC said:

What do you like about Larsson?, I don’t know anything about him.

Good skater, strong defensively, smart passer, good but not great shot, willing to be physical

He was the Ducks first rounder in 2015. The pick right after we took Juulsen. Similar player but Larsson is left handed

The Ducks drafting D in the top 2 rounds has also been great in recent years, if their scouts were high on him, it gives me more confidence that he's a good one

Another guy (and h'es probably not ready to make a big impact this year but might have a higher offensive upside than Larsson) is Josh Mahura.  A LHD who is a rookie in the AHL right now. 

played with Cale Fleury last year and had 69 points in 60 games

Has 14 points in 23 AHL games and 5 in 17 NHL games this year.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neech said:

Why would the Ducks give up on a 2015 1st rounder?  It's not like we're looking to dump Juulsen.  Unless they know something we don't know...

The ducks are still in the playoff picture.  Murray doesnt want to fire Carlyle.  I think they are poised to do something desperate.

They have a ton of defencemen and larsson and mahura are buried on the depth chart.  They arent beating out lindholm or fowler anytime soon and will have a tough time even being the third pair with their depth.

I.could see them looking to add upfront.

19 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Habs are close to a deal with L.A. Nate Thompson is the guy. Really feels like were getting the Bergy special again. Grinders galore 

I hope he's just a name involved in something bigger.

51 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

Habs are close to a deal with L.A. Nate Thompson is the guy. Really feels like were getting the Bergy special again. Grinders galore 

I thought Bergevin wasn't getting into the rental market.  Hopefully the Habs aren't giving up much (or just a depth player going the other way) for him.  Maybe Hudon is going the other way.