Jump to content
Fanpuck33

Permanent Rumour Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DON said:

Friedman said Nashville for Duchene is his best guess.

Cant see Stone or Duchene being traded to Habs.

Stone would look darn good in a Hab jersey.

I think hes too slow to fit into the team right away. Datsukian hands though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCHabnut said:

I think hes too slow to fit into the team right away. Datsukian hands though.

 

Stone would be a great add.

 

Better to wait until the off season to try and land him for free, price would be too high.

 

Figure any of the asking prices for any of the top UFA’s would start with our 1st and either Suzuki/Poehling/Brook/Romanov and I don’t think I’m comfortable with giving up any of them right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stone is one of the league's best wingers.  I'd love to have him. Scott is right though, summer is the time to go after him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sound like Washington is talking to us about Burakovsky.  Yesterday Smith-Pelly was put on waivers to clear cap space.  Is there any chance this may be us getting Burakovsky?  

 

If it is, Burakovsky has a $3m cap hit and they are still freeing $1m from Smith-Pelly being sent down, it would mean Tatar or Alzner might be going the other way?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Sound like Washington is talking to us about Burakovsky.  Yesterday Smith-Pelly was put on waivers to clear cap space.  Is there any chance this may be us getting Burakovsky?  

 

If it is, Burakovsky has a $3m cap hit and they are still freeing $1m from Smith-Pelly being sent down, it would mean Tatar or Alzner might be going the other way?  

What dirty pics MB have of the caps gm to make him trade for alzner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't picture MB wanting to grab Burakovsky.  Unless he has a wonderful attitude that no one ever heard about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Sound like Washington is talking to us about Burakovsky.  Yesterday Smith-Pelly was put on waivers to clear cap space.  Is there any chance this may be us getting Burakovsky?  

 

If it is, Burakovsky has a $3m cap hit and they are still freeing $1m from Smith-Pelly being sent down, it would mean Tatar or Alzner might be going the other way?  

 

The rumour was that the Caps offered Burakovsky for Lehkonen and the Habs said no. 

 

Burakovsky is likely to be a UFA this summer as no one will qualify him at over $3 million. 

 

I don't see us giving up Tatar for him... that makes no sense... and the Caps taking on Alzner makes no sense for Washington. 

The only thing that might work is if they want to trade us Burakovsky and a draft pick or prospect and we give them a crappy prospect and that clears them cap space to make another deal.  Kinda like the the Mason/Armia and picks trade. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friedman reported a little while ago that if there is someone the Habs are looking at to acquire its Huberdeau.

 

While he is a great player we already have two top LW in Drouin and Tatar, you would think LD is something that needs more addressing.

 

Could be a situation where Florida is making him available because they are going in hard for Panarin and Bob.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Friedman reported a little while ago that if there is someone the Habs are looking at to acquire its Huberdeau.

 

While he is a great player we already have two top LW in Drouin and Tatar, you would think LD is something that needs more addressing.

 

Could be a situation where Florida is making him available because they are going in hard for Panarin and Bob.

 

 

Dom Luszczyszyn in the Athletic gives high grades to both Florida players that are potentially available: JH and Mike Hoffman. 

 

"On the non-rental front, any team that can pry Jonathan Huberdeau or Mike Hoffman out of Florida will get some serious scoring punch. The two are very capable top line scorers who are likely considered expendable due to a poor plus-minus. I don’t buy that stat much, but it might mean a team is in for a steal"

 

His model also gives each player a value of over 2 to 3 extra wins to their team per season.

 

Would the Habs take either of them? We have the cap space and the need for more high end scoring. What would it require? I would love another French Canadian offensive player that could knock some sense into Drouin.

 

 

Edited by gottiyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, gottiyo said:

Dom Luszczyszyn in the Athletic gives high grades to both Florida players that are potentially available: JH and Mike Hoffman. 

 

"On the non-rental front, any team that can pry Jonathan Huberdeau or Mike Hoffman out of Florida will get some serious scoring punch. The two are very capable top line scorers who are likely considered expendable due to a poor plus-minus. I don’t buy that stat much, but it might mean a team is in for a steal"

 

His model also gives each player a value of over 2 to 3 extra wins to their team per season.

 

Would the Habs take either of them? We have the cap space and the need for more high end scoring. What would it require? I would love another French Canadian offensive player that could knock some sense into Drouin.

 

 

 

I think Huberdeau would be a good pickup. 

 

I have real questions about Hoffman, not on the ice, but off of it.  We all know what happened in Ottawa last year.  Now consider that here is a guy, who is signed for next season and is having a strong year in Florida, and they got him dirt cheap, and they are ready to move on 3/4 of the way through the year?  That raises red flags, is there a problem here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Commandant said:

 

The rumour was that the Caps offered Burakovsky for Lehkonen and the Habs said no. 

 

Burakovsky is likely to be a UFA this summer as no one will qualify him at over $3 million. 

 

I don't see us giving up Tatar for him... that makes no sense... and the Caps taking on Alzner makes no sense for Washington. 

The only thing that might work is if they want to trade us Burakovsky and a draft pick or prospect and we give them a crappy prospect and that clears them cap space to make another deal.  Kinda like the the Mason/Armia and picks trade. 

 

 

Do you think Hudon would work in this scenario?  Habs are looking to move him anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Commandant said:

 

I think Huberdeau would be a good pickup. 

 

I have real questions about Hoffman, not on the ice, but off of it.  We all know what happened in Ottawa last year.  Now consider that here is a guy, who is signed for next season and is having a strong year in Florida, and they got him dirt cheap, and they are ready to move on 3/4 of the way through the year?  That raises red flags, is there a problem here?

 

What do you think the Habs would need to give up to get him?

 

In regards to Hoffman, the dude is clearly showing that him and or his wife are toxic as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, John B said:

Do you think Hudon would work in this scenario?  Habs are looking to move him anyway.

 

That might work. 

Hudon for Burakovsky + sweetner. 

I'd want a sweetner for taking on their cap problem though.  I wouldn't do it 1 for 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

 

What do you think the Habs would need to give up to get him?

 

In regards to Hoffman, the dude is clearly showing that him and or his wife are toxic as hell.

 

I think Huberdeau would be expensive..... I think they'd want Suzuki, a First and probably one other piece.

He's on a deal that has this season and 4 more at 5.9 million per season, which is down right cheap for a 25-year-old with 69 points last year, and 53 in 57 games this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Commandant said:

That might work. 

Hudon for Burakovsky + sweetner. 

I'd want a sweetner for taking on their cap problem though.  I wouldn't do it 1 for 1. 

 

I think Washington would want more than Hudon unless they have another deal already lined up and are desperate for the cap space.  A few weeks ago, there was a report that they were asking for a 2nd and a 3rd for him.  I'm sure that has come down since then but even if it's just a 3rd now, Hudon isn't worth that by himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

 

I think Washington would want more than Hudon unless they have another deal already lined up and are desperate for the cap space.  A few weeks ago, there was a report that they were asking for a 2nd and a 3rd for him.  I'm sure that has come down since then but even if it's just a 3rd now, Hudon isn't worth that by himself.

 

Fair enough, but I think if that is the ask, the Caps are overvaluing him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

I think Washington would want more than Hudon unless they have another deal already lined up and are desperate for the cap space.  A few weeks ago, there was a report that they were asking for a 2nd and a 3rd for him.  I'm sure that has come down since then but even if it's just a 3rd now, Hudon isn't worth that by himself.

 

I read yesterday that Washington did want Hudon for Burakovsky, but are now may be circling back to the habs with a lower asking price.

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-new-jersey-devils-marcus-johansson-montreal-canadiens-andre-burakovsky/2019/02/21/

 

The whole Alzner/Tatar going the other way, was me purely speculating due to Washington trying to make at least $4.5m free in cap space on an odd move to waive Smith-Pelly mid-practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

I think Huberdeau would be expensive..... I think they'd want Suzuki, a First and probably one other piece.

He's on a deal that has this season and 4 more at 5.9 million per season, which is down right cheap for a 25-year-old with 69 points last year, and 53 in 57 games this year. 

 

Do you move Suzuki for him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Do you move Suzuki for him? 

Tempting eh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DON said:

Tempting eh.

 

It is. I don't know any more what our 'window' is supposed to be, but we don't seem to have any really elite D in the system. Weber is 33. Let's be optimistic and say he has 3-4 more years of high level play in him. Price is unlikely ever to revert to the Superman levels of 2014-15, but let's say he has 5-6 more years of being Henrik Lundqvist, i.e., a top-10 NHL backstop. If those guys are the key, then we want to be contending within the next 2-3 years for sure. In which case we absolutely should make such a deal, if it's on the table. But maybe this is the wrong way of thinking about things; instead we should be thinking in terms of succession planning for Weber and Price, period, and not really worrying about a 'window.' I don't know. Certainly Bergevin doesn't seem to think in terms of 'windows.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there is rumblings of a deal between Columbus and Ottawa for Duchene.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Duchene deal looks bad when put up against what they paid to acquire him.  If they end up sending the #1 overall pick to Colorado, along with losing their franchise player last summer, I'm not sure they'll still have any fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

Looks like there is rumblings of a deal between Columbus and Ottawa for Duchene.

 

Davidsson and Abramov?? A guy picked in the third round and a guy picked in the sixth?

 

dont know much about Abramov - must be decent.

 

edit - Sens also get a first plus an additional first if Duchene re-signs. Decent trade for the Sens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

 

I read yesterday that Washington did want Hudon for Burakovsky, but are now may be circling back to the habs with a lower asking price.

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-new-jersey-devils-marcus-johansson-montreal-canadiens-andre-burakovsky/2019/02/21/

 

The whole Alzner/Tatar going the other way, was me purely speculating due to Washington trying to make at least $4.5m free in cap space on an odd move to waive Smith-Pelly mid-practice.

1

 

The article you quoted has the Capitals asking for Lehkonen not Hudon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

 

Do you move Suzuki for him? 

 

Yeah I'd move Suzuki and the 1st. 

I mean, if Suzuki becomes as good as Huberdeau is right now, that's almost best case scenario.  And there is no guarantee he reaches that. 

If they want Suzuki, a 1st and more... then it would depend on what the more is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×